Werewolves Redux

T

train

DarthFerret

So no one liked the test hanging idea?... Guee I'll go with my guts and say Darthy then...

O

orgg

*ties a large noose, puts it around his neck, and then throws the other end around a branch.

Now try to pull me up. You cannot do it, I'm too large.

Even if you could, I'm in control. If you hang most Werewolves, they'll revert to their bestial nature, and struggle-- choking themself faster. Me? I've had many years to find my center of mind.

*begins turning a shaggy grey color, and his hair grows longer. Eventually, a fourteen-foot high grey wolf is sitting beside a tree, staring at everyone.

I don't go insane when in this form. I don't care for it as much as my regular form, though, as its so hard to wipe. This form is also itchy.

...and even if you could get this rope to move, *swipes above his head, neatly severing the rope and freeing his neck*

...I'm calm and controlled enough to excape. We need to find the wreckless and uncentered wolves who've invaded my territory, and get rid of them, whether by my experienced claws or by a quickly and hopefully painless noose.

If DarthFerrett isn't a wolf as I think he is, I'll probably not be with you tomorrow. I don't know if I could fight off two wolves, though I'm pretty sure I'd at least injure a single whippersnapper.

*Orgg reverts to his usual gigantic self.

T

train

Well - I'm convincd enough that this wolf can change and control the nature of his beast that it isn't him...

Sticking with Darthferret...

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
Okay Orgg, I'm convinced. I apologize, but I hope you can understand that from my perspective it looked suspicious...

Obviously none of my strategies for rooting out the killers has enjoyed any success thus far. Since you seem sincere and apparently have more experience in these matters, I'll cast my lot with you. And that means against DarthFerret...

D

DarthFerret

Ahhh......

**Darthferret starts to run away as soon as Orgg started his changeing, then trips over a log and falls into a fetal position, sobbing uncontrollably and shaking violently.**

K...k...k..eep....em.....'way...from me......<sob>

Z

Zigathon

Well, it appears Darth Ferret finds himself wearing a noose. Any last words?

Z

Zigathon

And so it came to pass that a silent Darth Ferret was hanged. He jerked, twitched, and gurgled, but still remained human...

As the last of you slept, Sagerider was attacked by the wolves.

T

train

"Another burial to perform..."

(gets the work done...)

"This is really getting absurd that all of us couldn't catch these things... I don't know what told me before - but I have to go back to it now... I think that Oversoul fellow if a wolf..."

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
I'm not surprised. You've been voting for me lately. Then again, if you'd picked anyone else (beside Orgg), I'd have given it little thought. Well, if you aren't guilty, Ransac and EricBess both are. And one of them is anyway. I just have to figure out which one (or vote for you and hope that works out).

Since I am finished if we don't get it right (well, the same goes for the rest of us that are really human) this time, I'm not going to vote until I've examined all of the evidence...

T

train

Not anything personal... just that so long as I have my guts.. I should go with what they tell me...

It's looking bleak for all of us anyhow...

Ransac

CPA Trash Man
No...... the company...... it's ruined....... our lives..... are in peril....... the company..... our lives....

*Ransac once again drops to his knees and starts crying. He regains his composure and starts thinking for his life.*

We have to hang a wolf tonight, and we know it can't be Mr. Orgg (unless he's been lying to us the whole time to keep us off of his back).

That leaves EricBess, Oversoul, and train.

EricBess: I've recounted the past few days and found somel strange instances with you, you unionizing pawn. You were immediately happy to see Mooseman die (regardless of the fact that he wasn't a wolf). You even stated "Ah, the sweet smell of liberation." I'm possibly looking a bit too deep into that statement, but I know that wolves have an acute sense of smell, as Mr. Orgg can probably confirm.

Oversoul: You stated "These creatures are clever." Perhaps you're admiring your own work and complimenting yourself. You were a little bit of a show-off from the get-go of this whole massacre as well, as you stated "But I think [EricBess]'s just jealous of my awesome logging abilities and maybe also my beautiful face." I don't know if wolves are vain, but you sure were.

train: Since you have been a hard worker, always being the/one-of-the first to being burying the dead, I never suspected you. However, we have hung slackers and found them massacred. It's obvioius that I was on the wrong path. You avoided my attention for a while and I think you may have planned it that way.

I have absolutely no clue about which way to vote right now, but I'm leaning towards EricBess and Oversoul.

Ransac, cpa trash man

D

DarthFerret

Ahhh....this floating feeling is wonderful...looky there, I got my arm back!!!

O

orgg

It was hinted earlier that EricBess was a wolf; I thought it may have ment me, as "one of the guys is a wolf that voted to hang me" is fairly vague.

I just don't know.

If we pick wrong, its two for peace, and two violent Werewolves. Its a fifty-fifty chance. *carves a tree branch into a four-sided tube, etches each person's name onto it, and tosses it.

The top of the thing says Train. If we've gotta...

T

train

I can state you this... and I don't state this to save me... just to let you know, as I always have peace of mind knowing I have lived a good life... Through that good life, I have never harmed another...

Take it as you all may... but my mind is at rest...

now back to lumbering until we have more meetings on this...

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
Sageridder's death leaves us with a potential clue. Either he posed a bigger threat than Orgg or killing him could have been a diversionary tactic. In the former case, Train is guilty and his partner is either EricBess or Ransac. In the latter, Train is innocent and that leaves EricBess and Ransac as our enemies. I think both possibilities are equally likely. The latter does sound a bit like the overanalysis I keep plaguing myself with and that has prevented me from finding the real culprits thus far. But at this crucial point that is really my last chance, I don't want to ignore everything else and vote with the premise that Sageridder voted for Train and was then killed. I'm sure it's rarely that simple.

Well, it doesn't matter which monster hangs tonight as long as one of them does. I've still got a 50/50 chance between EricBess and Ransac...

E

EricBess

Mooseman was a slave driver and needed to be dealt with regardless of the wolf situation, but now that there's so few of us left, things are a might bit testy.

BTW - unless I've miscalculated, today is Saturday and I'm expecting time and a half for having to come in and help try to straighten this mess out today...

So now, we're right where I said we'd be. We know orgg's a wolf, but we don't want to vote for him anymore because if he's telling the truth, there will be enough wolves left to kill someone tonight and overpower us all in the morning. But, if he's lying and we don't call him on it, we just die...

I'm curious that there are two people who are just willing to completely write off the possibility that orgg could be lying and I'm not sure what that means. Oddly, I suspect that their reasons are completely different from each other...

Orgg...where did you get the "one of the people that voted for you is a wolf" from? Did I miss something?

O

orgg

Mooseman said:
"So, that the way of it then...."
"Well, lets see you slack-offs get paid.... ha"
"They don't want to work and so they off the boss." "Well, do what you think is right and get back to work."

"BTW - after I'm gone, make sure you hang the ones who voted for my death, as at least one of them is a wolf, if not two of them."
I and Ericbess voted for Mooseman.

E

EricBess

Oh, I see. I thought you were referring to something more recent. He could have been referring to you or he could have just been making some dying remarks. If he did have inside information at all, it would mean that he was the seer instead of turgy.

Ransac

CPA Trash Man
More quotes condemning EricBess. And the Boss said it, too! Until I am convinced otherwise (or if I can't get online tomorrow), my vote goes to EricBess.

Ransac, cpa trash man

E

EricBess

Oversoul seems genuinely concerned and unsure of how to vote. Meanwhile, you Ransac, accuse me based on the comments of people who were potentially just as clueless as we were. As much as we'd like to have something to hold onto there, the only people with any inside information would be the seer and the wolves. We know none of the dead are wolves and there can only be one seer, so who do you think it was?

My vote goes for Ransac. His concern for our safty just doesn't seem genuine to me.