Werewolves Redux

Z

Zigathon

Life is simple in a logging camp. You chop down trees, you eat your lunch, you go to the lava-tree...

There are arm wrestling matches and drinks. Football games in the fall. Its a good place to live and work. Sure, there might be a brutal murder from time to time, yet it was usually deserved. When one messes with a logging camp and shows up dead, its never a surprise. Therefore, nobody minded much. After a short burial, it was back to business. Might has well been a wild beast and a twist of fate that had dealt with "ruffians."

New faces come and go as the seasons change. Life goes on. However, someone found the ravaged corpse of Zigathon. There was no reason for such an attack on him. He was well liked by the majority. He certainly didn't deserve this.

The large wolf prints surrounding the corpse are all you need to quickly decide werewolve(s) are to blame. By process of elimination, you will vote to hang one person by sundown every day, until the guily party is destroyed.

There will be a short burial followed by business as usual...

You have until next Monday to come to a decision. If you didn't get a PM, you're only a logging camp worker.

E

EricBess

Are you kidding? This is a union gig. I'm pretty sure the mortician's union would be upset if we started doing their job. Besides, there's gotta' be some sort of liability issue with handling a dead body or something?

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
Mortician's union? What are you a member? Who ever heard of such inanity.....
Is there a monster union? Are you a member?
Bury him, hang someone, and get back to work.......

Melkor

Spiderman

Morticians ain't got nothing to do with this, burying is Undertakers Guild work. Morticians just pretty em' up, and I don't think you could have done that when Zigathon was alive, and death has only worsened his complexion. I'd say that Spiderman is awfully determined to sweep this under the rug and get to "dinner," suspicious behavior if you ask me.

D

DarthFerret

Hey guys, shouldn't we be a bit more skeered fer our lives? Maybe I am just being paranoid, but you guys know me. I think maybe we should take a look-see an see if'n thar's an' thang thats cans..cans..gets...(Ulp..) us...

**Everyone that has been in the camp for more than a year, knows DF's story. He lost an arm when a tree jumped off its stump the wrong way and crushed it. He is known as the camp scaredy cat ever since the accident, and has been called One-Arm ever since. He does not get much work done now, however, sympathy [and the labor union] keeps most co-workers off of his case and keeps him employed**

turgy22

Nothing Special
Turgy22 enters the scene at a tilt, walking fiercely into a slight breeze, his pale face stark compared to the all-black suit that covers his lanky frame. He doesn't look much like a logger, but his coworkers have accepted his alternative lifestyle. Upon seeing the slain body of Zigathon, Turgy's mouth opens wide in a silent scream, before he puts his hand on his head and faints, falling quietly to the ground.

A mystery must be solved, but Turgy22 is too taken aback to point any fingers at the moment.

S

sageridder

Well I think we need to get this guy buried too.This werewolf buisness is bad enough we don't need to add attracting bears and other critters to our problems.

Ransac

CPA Trash Man
*Ransac happens to walk by.*

Hey, guys! What's everyone looking at? We have LOGGING to get to! I don't want to make the boss angry!

*Ransac notices that there's a dead body on the floor. Ransac starts to get upset.*

Oh my..... who would................ *sob*........ but he was one of the cool ones.......

*Ransac starts to weep.*

Ransac, cpa trash man

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
"Look you lunkheads, I AM THE BOSS, remember me.... the foreman of this outfit and as I said before....." Pointing to Zigs corpse, "Bury this guy, hang the culprits and get to loggin. The quota won't be made and tress don't cut themselves....."

Shaking his head, "Someone throw some water on dark and whimpy, this ain't no time for sleepin."

Muttering to no one in paticular, "Why do I get stuck with the outcasts and noobs."

D

DarthFerret

**2 points for Mooseman, the first to use the word noob in a werewolf game!**

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
You worry too much, boss. I'll hang these monsters, meet the quota, and bury Zigathon all by myself if that's the way it has to be. But right now, my priority is those monsters. If I can get rid of them, I can do the other stuff with a little help from everyone else. I'll prepare a report on the situation soon.

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
Ahh.... It's great that someone is paying attention....
I really need a cup of caf or stim-tea......
Now, whoever is responsible for this death, come foreward and take your punishment....

O

orgg

*Orgg lumbers in, with a large fist almost half covering his three foot axe handle. He stoops low over the shredded body of Zigathon, and makes a low, gutteral growl through his enormous beard*

'Dis boy looks like he got attack'd by th' things that's been a'killing them bears every two or three monts. It don' look like my *COUGH!* EErrch! *spits out phlegm* ... aheh... the vigilante's handiwork. Look at the slices. They buldge down at the top, like 'ey were made by nails, not a nice an' clean axe, an' his neck is in shreds. It wan't chopped straight like those other bastids tha's shown up dead. Th' only guy I see tha's jittery enough to mess up a snout bite like that is tha' fae, Turgey.

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
I'm not 100% on this one yet, but for Spiderman to actually drop a hint that he's hungry for human flesh seems like it would be a bit silly on his part. And look, Zigathon's body, albeit mutilated, is still here. I'm not even sure if these abominations actually eat people. Maybe they just kill them? I think Melkor was hasty in picking a target that seems obvious (unless you actually stop and think about it, and then it seems silly, like I already said). But I suspect the haste might be intentional...

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
What the hey? I didn't say anything about wanting human flesh. I just wanna make it home for a nice regular dinner of some pork ribs and a beer. And this body here is going make us work late and prevent me from doing that.

Cripes, you guys are all talk and no action.

* starts digging a hole well away from the logging area for the burial

turgy22

Nothing Special
Turgy recovers from his fainting spell and takes a moment to gather his senses. Solemnly, he picks up his invisible shovel and joins Spidey in digging a final resting place for poor Zigathon.

Melkor

Spiderman

I tells ya, that's the reason Spiderman is so hungry, he worked up an appetite killing the man, but then didn't have time to eat the body. Now just looking at the body makes his stomach growl like a wolf and his mouth water, where as any sane man isn't even thinking about eating after the sight of a ripped up dead body of one of their friends.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
That's what you say, but everyone here knows that yer just a lazy sod who only got to work on the crew because of yer daddy.

Say, that's some motivation right there... kill somebody to stop the the crew (and you) from working for a while... So because I don't like people who can't pull their own weight, I'll vote Melkor

Ransac

CPA Trash Man
Guys! GUYS! We can point fingers all we want, but let's give this guy a proper burial while we're doing it!

*Ransac picks up a shovel.*

I've half-a-mind to report your bickering to the foreman. Now EVERYBODY get digging!

*Ransac starts helping Spiderman dig a grave.*

Ransac, cpa trash man