EricBess

Limited - Spiderman
Melkor - orgg
Mooseman - Zigathon
orgg -
Oversoul - Spiderman
spiderman - Zigathon
Zigathon - orgg

Seems like we've been here before. Votes are split 2-2-2 with orgg still left to cast a vote. End of day tomorrow (Tuesday), we'll cut any 1-ofs, though we currently don't have any. Still plenty of time to make any arguments and sway any votes.

O

orgg

*sniff!*

Last time it was Spiderman, Turgy, and me. Suspission usually falls close to the right mark, even if it misses. Spiderman, I'm not ready to die.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
<sigh> Neither am I.

So no one's really thinking this through? Our seer or sage is dead <did anything come of looking through his books and papers?> and he tried to point towards one of the killers, which was Zigathon. Only when the votes were narrowed to specific people was he forced to change his vote, but I think he was on the right track.

L

Limited

turgy22 said:
The Orgg realizes that accusing innocent people won't solve anything. That's exactly what Mr. Spiderman has been doing the whole time. He voted to have my daddy killed and now that I'm the new sheriff, he's trying to kill me, too!

Mr. Melkor and Mr. Oversoul are nice men. I think they'll make the right decision and kill this werewolf before he causes any more harm. Even Mr. Mooseman and Mr. BigBlue have time to change their votes and expose Mr. Spiderman before we all die.

I'm still scared though. Because even if we rightfully kill Mr. Spiderman, his fellow werewolf, Mr. Limited, will probably kill me tonight for knowing too much.
Humpf!
I thought this was the last desperate attempt of a cornered wolf to confuse us. Knowing I was wrong then, rereading it it seems the lill' brat saw things none of us knew. Im assuming accusing me was a guess between me and Zigathon.. but he seemed to have been certain Spiderman was a wolf.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
How could he have been certain when it was BigBlue who was the sage? turgy was just trying to do some last minute saving of himself...

E

EricBess

I think that some of my posts have been misleading. There is nothing of import in the books and papers. Spiderman - you seem convinced by my comments that BigBlue is the seer. I took the fact that he was the "sage" from his own introduction. He may or may not have been the seer, but my posts should not be interpreted as a confirmation one way or the other.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Ooooooooh.

Well, that sure puts a damper on things.

Well, I'm sure that turgy wasn't the seer because I'm certainly not a wolf. His "certainty" was just a desire to see revenge for his father's death. Understandable, but misplaced.

As I doubt anyone else will switch their votes, I'll switch to orgg then (as I still can't believe he's trying to get me after I defended him) and put my fate in Mooseman's hands.

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
I pretty sure that Spiderman is not an wolf, but I think BB was on to something and changed his vote, as I did, to the only choices allowed at the time.
I think that Zigathon is the wolf and that is why BB was killed, or it could have been me that was killed, the wolf just got lucky and took out the seer, IMHO. So, if Zigathon is not hung today, I will next to go. Or it could be good for me to be this out in the open and obvious a choice and ythat makes me safer...... or maybe not.
But if Spiderman is hung and not a wolf, then my time is limited.
BB was most likely the seer, but couldn't figure out a way to let us villagers know without exposing himself to early in the game.

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
I have major misgivings about this and hope I don't get us all killed, but my hunch is that Spiderman isn't a werewolf and either he is being honest or has simply been good at keeping any more evidence from seeping in. Maybe he has unwittingly been at the forefront of other bad decisions in the past, but hey, I have a hunch.

Also, I still can't get over my humiliation at Orgg's hands... :eek:

D

DarthFerret

Ghost of DarthFerret - Death kinda sucks, but is also really kinda cool! At least I have my son now!

O

orgg

Swayed by Spiderman's pleas and thinking back, I change my vote to Zigathon.
*sheds a single tear*
If he turns out to not be a wolf, there's an odds-on chance that one of the other accused is a wolf...

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
ugh. So if I'm reading the votes right, it's

Spiderman 1
orgg 4
Zigathon 2

If I switch back to my original thought of Zigathon, it would be tied at 3-3 and Limited would have to break the tie.... I'll do it. I'm not convinced orgg is really a werewolf and just voted for him so Mooseman would have to break the previous tie rather than send me to the gallows outright, but I stil think Zigathon is more likely than orgg. So currently it's up to Limited...

L

Limited

Nice curveball you are throwing me Spiderman!
I am still convinced that you are a wolf, but I appear to be alone in that conviction (Now that Turgy is dead).

I was sure Turgy was one too; choosing to be a 6 year old boy was just a little bit too convinient I thought. I was proven wrong in a dreadfull way, but I've taken the time to recollect the conversations had here and it is now clear to me that Turgy was an investigator.

Remember this?
turgy22 said:
Turgy22 enters the town square. His eyes are red and bleary and he is moving slowly. His only meal last night was the birthday cake his father had gotten him for his birthday today. This morning he feels a bit ill and has quite a tummy ache from the sugar and lack of a decent meal.

The townspeople gathered in the square notice he is wearing his father's sheriff's hat, coat and badge. The coat is about 12 sizes too big and the sleeves drag along behind turgy22 on the ground behind him.

My daddy's dead because of you. All you grown-ups think your so smart and the orgg is a werewolf, but you let my daddy die anyway. You killed my daddy! I don't know who the real werewolves are, but I knew it wasn't Daddy and I know it's not me! Now I'm the new sheriff and I'm going to find the real werewolves.

Maybe it's you, Mr. Spiderman! You were the first to accuse me even though you know darn well that I'm not. You had no logical explanation and you still don't, but you still want me dead.

Or maybe it's you, Mr. Limited! You're a mean man! You were the first to accuse my daddy even though he never did anything to you. He only tried to help this town and keep it safe. Maybe you and Mr. Spiderman are in cahoots.

But I still can't rule out the Orgg. He was always in trouble with my daddy and the accusations against him didn't become serious 'til the Orgg showed up. The Orgg is a bad man! He didn't even have an alibi and his mental problem is probably caused by being a werewolf!

Huh? You say that Mr. Sageridder was killed last night? Even though Mr. Sageridder saved the Orgg's life by voting to kill my daddy. So maybe Mr. Melkor is the werewolf. Mr. Sageridder was always spending time at your Inn. Maybe he knew something about you that you didn't want getting out.

Or maybe it was Mr. Zigathon, who was originally accused by Mr. Sageridder. Maybe his guess was too close for you. And I hardly ever saw you around before the werewolves showed up.

Then again, why is Mr. BigBlue always the first to start accusing people? Daddy always said you were a good man, but he also said it's not nice to point fingers. You're always the first to point a finger and that's not very nice. Maybe you just don't want anybody pointing fingers back at you.

*sigh*

Sheriffing is hard work. I miss my daddy.
After his first investigation he points fingers at almost everyone.. leaving out only Oversoul and Mooseman. I gather he investigated one of them and saw a simple villager, but didn't want to be too obvious.

Then, later on, he says:
turgy22 said:
Oops. I'm sorry, Mr. BigBlue. I guess I didn't quite understand that your wishing my daddy was a werewolf wasn't a vote for him. I s'pose you're right.

Mr. Zigathon may be a weird old hermit, but I think he's right. Mr. Spiderman's been nothing but trouble since all this werewolf business started and he's trying to get me killed. I think him and Mr. Limited are the werewolves, working to kill the sheriff and his family first.

The Orgg still scares me. In fact, I think I'll hit him with another dart now. But for now I'm voting for Mr. Spiderman for being such a meanie, and always picking on me.
Unfortunately, here he implicates me, to which I responded I thought he had to chose between me and Zigathon.
And now Spiderman is making me chose between Zigathon and Orgg.

So, I think one of two things is happening here:
1) Orgg is wolf, and Spiderman is giving the descission to me because I would probably choose Ziggy.
2) Neither Ziggy nor Orgg are wolves and Spidey couldn't care less about who I end up sending to the gallows.

There is, however, a third option
3) I have been skillfully mislead and have misinterpreted this entire thread, and don't know what I'm talking about. You decide.

Thats why I implore everyone to reconsider their vote and together hang Spiderman.

Fellow-villagers, we are running out of time (and people)

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
When you say "investigator", do you mean seer? If he was, he certainly didn't do a good job "protecting" himself from the noose. I mean, if he was and it was certain that he was going to be hanged, I think that would have been a prime opportunity to reveal that he was the seer, at the very least to give out any info that he had gathered so far (since he would probably die that night by the werewolves). Since he didn't, I'm thinking that he isn't the seer. Though who is certainly isn't doing a good job giving out any hints, which leads me to believe that Darth Ferret was the seer and unfortunately was killed the first day so he couldn't do any "seer-ing".

Any reason why you don't think Zigathon is a wolf?

L

Limited

Spiderman said:
Any reason why you don't think Zigathon is a wolf?
Because I get the feeling you want me to kill him..
other than that I got nothing :(

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Well, currently our village's fate is in your hands! I guess you have to choose which you think is more likely a wolf, Zigathon or orgg.

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
Whee. Switching votes is fun...

Maybe it's just my paranoia, but Spiderman is sounding a bit more sinister now. As much as I'd like to hang The Orgg, I guess that just isn't going to happen (for now).

L

Limited

Now all we need is a villager from the "Death to Zigathon camp" to change votes and we'll be on the right track!