Werewolf IV

O

orgg

I would like to say, and have Mooseman confirm, that I never directly killed anybody.

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
I agree and I was suprised at how long you lasted, after attacking half the village...... That was fun.

D

DarthFerret

I love the way this ended, and I was the first one out.....

Why did the town have to hunt my whole family?

And to reiterate everyone else,

Who was the seer, and was spidermans grand finale just a bunch of Bull, or a new twist....(either way I liked it!)?

E

EricBess

The thing with Spiderman was the "bit extra" that I added in right from the beginning. If I were to do it over again, I would switch it up a bit. The idea was to give the villagers just a bit more information to go on, while at the same time, give some additional "goals" to certain players.

So, Spiderman was told that if Limited was ever killed by a werewolf, that he would randomly be told who one of the wolves was. In order to gain any benefit out of this, Spiderman would need to 1) make sure neither he nor Limited were ever hanged, and 2) have Limited killed by the wolves before he, himself died.

The way it worked out, you, Mooseman, had the misfortune of slaying Limited at what amounted to the perfect time to maximize the amount of information that Spiderman received. Orgg had just been hanged, so a "random werewolf" was the only werewolf, and there were still just enough villagers left so that everyone figured Spiderman wasn't just coming up with a desperate ploy.

The seer, on the other hand, was Zigathon all along. He had just discovered orgg as a wolf the night before orgg was hanged. Previously, he had managed to clear BigBlue and Oversoul. From a flavor standpoint, Zigathon was seeing things from the point of view of the person he was "seeing".

By coincidence, he chose to "see" Spiderman the same night that Limited was killed, so I decided to mix things up a bit by implying to Zigathon that Spiderman might be a wolf, but leaving it open so he wasn't sure.

E

EricBess

As an aside, sagerider and I discussed the posibility of having a "ghost counsil" where ghost players would be able to cast a vote (probably via PM) and have it count towards hanging. There are any number of ways to do it. Do ghosts get full weight? Do villagers get to know the result of the ghost vote before casting their own? Are ghosts allowed to change their votes the same as villagers? How much, if any, can ghosts comment in the thread?

Anyway, thought I would run that out there and see what everyone else thought of the idea.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Awesome game! Thanks EricBess!

I'm glad everyone liked my last bit dramatics :) Yeah, it came at the perfect time. I had to PM EricBess to make sure whether Limited knew we had the bond or not, because it was just so funny knowing that I knew he was a villager (and of course I was a villager) while he was so adamant that I was a wolf. Great stuff.

I'm in another Werewolf game on another site where they have a lot more players so could do more special roles, like Priest and Guardian Angel and Vigilante... the Priest has the ability to douse someone with "hoyl water" once in the game to find out if that person's a wolf... they did pretty much what I did but right away, on the first day, and got a wolf! So that set the tone for the rest of the game, that everyone knew that the Priest was a villager and also was able to talk to the seer. One thing about that game is that PMs are allowed between players, wolf and villagers, so villagers can discuss strategy... it's a bit different from here.

We can allow the ghosts a vote, but I'm not sure if that stacks the deck too much against the wolves... maybe they should be allowed a once a game conversion then?

Z

Zigathon

That was a great game!

I really liked the twist at the end. I actually layed in bed awake debating which one of the other 3 (Spiderman, Mooseman, Melkor, as I'd cleared Oversoul the first night) was a wolf after reading Ericbess' PM. This included getting out of bed at 3am to reread the entire thread. I was so confused I posted a stalling message posing a question to everyone. That's when Spiderman spilled the beans... and I STILL wasn't sure. I totally thought it was a desparate attempt to save himself. However, flagrant accusations are my thing and I thought maybe he'd been trying to hint at me to come forward as he suspected I was the seer. That sealed the deal for my vote, and in a sense, the game.

Throughout all of my posts, I'd been hinting at my role. It was fun being cryptic. :) I'm definatly down for playing in the next game.

As for a ghost council; I would run it as one vote. The dead must discuss their vote in PM and come to an answer before the villagers vote. The ghost vote cannot be changed and the villagers don't know what it is until the final tally. That's what I would do, anyway. Also, perhaps the seer could know their vote and/or talk to them.

E

EricBess

My only problem with the Ghost Counsel discussing their vote is the seer. There is a tension for the seer to reveal himself early enough to avoid getting killed by the wolves, but late enough that they have a significant amount of information. If the Ghost Counsel is allowed to discuss things, then I'm concerned that the tension goes away since everyone just votes with the ghost counsil later, assuming that the seer is probably dead.

If the Ghosts were told when the seer died and the seer wasn't allowed to join in, then it would be reasonable. It's not out of the question since any killed wolves can't realistically join those discussions, either...

The other possibility is if the player's didn't know the Ghost's vote and it were only used for a tie-breaker...

L

Limited

I am having trouble with a Ghost Council.. seems that they either have to little influence to be worth the effort, or enough influence to disrupt the game.
The Ghost Council would be filled with people who were innocent and all know this about each other. Seems to me this is too much information to let them get a vote..
It limits the option for the wolves if they can't kill however they think needs killing, but have to consider that player then becomes part of another 'team'..

But I am (of course) willing to try it

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
I was thinking the Ghost Council couldn't communicate with the living so their vote would not be known until after the villagers vote. But whatever works.

D

DarthFerret

I like Orgg's thought on this one. And Yes, I am up for another round as well...

S

sageridder

What you guys are saying is pretty close to what Eric and I discussed.The ghosts would not post or pm each other, only send a pm to the game mod for thier vote and whatever player got more votes got 1 vote from the ghost council.Two ideas were this could be used only for ties, or possibly for regular votes since the council only gets one vote and if they don't have one player with more no agreement was made so no vote that round.If we did it for all rounds it basicly gives the first person out at least one real vote, after that I don't think the council would make to many votes were they had one player have more votes then another untill there were fewer players to choose from.

O

orgg

Also, they would have to vote before, say, Tuesday so the tie could be broken by other means.

E

EricBess

I think we'll come up with a compromise. The idea is that a lot of people still follow along, so it would be good to be able to actively participate, even in a small manner. But I agree that it needs to be more than just a token "pretend they are involved" or it won't work.