Werewolf IV

E

EricBess

Well, with such a close vote, particularly with a switched vote right at the end, I hope everyone was able to get their vote in the way they wanted it, but darkness falls and we must move on.

On to the gallows. Orgg has requested that I allow him to do his own last words/hanging post.

O

orgg

*sniff!*

*Orgg walks up and puts the noose around his neck and stands at the edge of the Gallows drop.

I want to say that I never hurt anybody. Not more than would heal, anyway.

I knew this time would come. *WHuuuhh hoo hoooo!*

I *sniff* just didn't know when.

I have to apologise. I know I've been trouble to the village. I can't control my moods, I can't control my actions. *sniff* *sniff* and I can't control anyone else...

Oversoul, I must apologise. It wasn't always you that killed cattle and chickens around town. A few times, it's been me. I just couldn't control myself enough. Turgy, I'm sorry about your Daddy. His nature just screamed out "Wolf." I'm sorry you had to join him so quickly as well... *bawl* Zigathon, I'm sorry I pissed in your barrel of beer when I was sleeping around your house. I ment to drink a little of it, and it turned out I drank more than I should've. I kinda put it back, though, didn't I? It couldn't do anything to the taste... right? I'm sure you already knew that, though, being the See-*hic*-er. Mooseman, I'm sorry about taking the axe to that wooden statue of yourself you carved out of that dead tree trunk in the town square. I could've sworn it was staring at me when I woke up that mornin'. *Whaah haah haaah* *gulps air* Limited, your vegetable garden is as rich as it is because of me. Jus' *giggles, then cries again* don't dig too deeply, alright? *sniff* What you dig up might not be mud.

*Orgg puts his hairy hands over his streaming eyes.

I'll be out of my misrable life soon. Very Soon. I lived this life for many years before this plight befell our village without too much pain, and for all the trouble, I never hurt anyone-- anyone at all. I might've caused 'em a bruse or cut, but nothing permanant. *Orgg begins getting hairy as the sky darkens. I wish I could help the other, but he's as bloodthirsty as I am not. *Orgg's shoulders begin to enlargen* I knew this would be my fate as soon as I saw him around EricBess's place that night. *Orgg's nose begins to legnthen* I just wish you could tell who is who after the fur grew.

Goodbye.

*theorgg jumps with a sob-like growl. As he falls, his teeth elongate. After a deafening crack, it becomes apparent that one tortured soul was indeed controlled by his moods due to an unfortunate disease.

A Werewolf hangs in the middle of the town square, dead, with tears streaming down his muzzle.

A minute later, with a clap of thunder, it begins raining. The villagers retreat into their shelters for the night.

Z

Zigathon

Nice final post, my hairy friend.
And I gave the beer to Bigblue... so I guess you got a dose of your own medicine in the end.

L

Limited

Wow..

I have hardly had the time to post the last couple of days, but it seems the villagers finally caught one! Yeah for us.

I still don't trust Spiderman, especially after the Orgg turning out to be a Wolf. Remember how the initial votes were already about to hang the Orgg, and Spiderman changed his vote to give me the choice between Orgg and Zigathon. Considering I had posted earlier that I didn't trust Zigathon, it might have been Spidermans only option to rescue his accomplice.

On the other hand, he did vote for Orgg.. but that could have been a ruse..

:confused:

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Wow, awesome ending for orgg!

orgg sure fooled me. If you look back Limited, I only changed my vote to orgg because at the time, it was something like 3-2-2 with me having 3 and orgg and someone else each at two. I switched my vote so that it would be a tie between orgg and me and Mooseman would have had to choose instead of me hanging outright. However, before Mooseman did, someone else (Oversoul?) changed their vote from me to orgg so that Mooseman did not have to choose and instead it made you the deciding vote between Zigathon and orgg.

I guess we'll have to see what the night brings...

L

Limited

So, now you've explained why, for a time, you voted for the Orgg namely to safe your own hide (or fur if you will).

Thanks for making an air-tight case against yourself.

E

EricBess

It's hard to say whether there is more stunned silence now, or when an innocent is hanged...It seems as if orgg was hanged because everyone was trying to save themselves, so the fact that he indeed turned out to be a wolf just drives home the fact that there is still one more wolf out there.

Several people, not expecting to make it through the night, spend extra time boarding up their doors and windows. For most, this ends up meaning having to spend extra time getting out again the next morning.

For a poor farmer, however, a bit more effort might have been in order. The next morning, Limited is found, busy fertilizing his fields for the last time...

B

BigBlue

Ghost of BB....

I had one right - if only I'd stuck to my conviction....

Melkor

Zigathon

Well, I wasn't surprised that the crazy man turned out to be a hairy beast, not to mention a werewolf. Well, it is clear to me that BigBlue was the seer, and he accused orgg and later he was accusing Zigathon quite vigourously and then he was killed, but it seemed to pass without incident. It was also BigBlue who started bringing up the seer. Finally, this killing of Limited strikes me as an attempt by the werewolf to point the finger at Spiderman. It would seem that we are quite close to ending this horrible affair and getting back to business as usual. Truly, I already have plans for turning this incident into a boom for our tourist trade.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
On the contrary, I believe Zigathon IS the seer. He was "entirely convinced" of orgg's nature and said he knew who (or what) he was.

So that leaves Oversoul, Mooseman, or Melkor (in my mind). Oversoul seems a reasonable enough sort, while Mooseman and Melkor have been flying "under the radar". I'm not sure which one might be the last werewolf...

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
Even though, you cast me in a bad light, I still don't think you are a wolf, Spiderman. But I have been wrong before....... And Limited, did seem to think you were the wolf.... and he was made into fertilizer last night.........

I don't believe that Zigathon is the seer, as he did nothing but vote for the orgg.... that should be enough to make him free of suspision....... but I have been duped before.

I feel that Oversoul and Melkor are not wolves.

I await the voice of the village to sway my vote.

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
I think The Orgg's plan was to fool us with his consistency. By giving away nothing, he didn't make himself a particularly appealing choice and he never gave a clue as to the identity of his accomplice. Or maybe I'm reading too much into this and he didn't have a plan.

I believe his partner would wish to employ a more--orthodox strategy: flying under the radar (so to speak). Spiderman certainly has not done that and, had he been a wolf, could have helped his partner at any time by joining the "hang Zigathon" movement (it would be easy to make some excuse for doing so).

I think that's reason enough to free Spiderman from any further suspicion on my part. I don't know about Zigathon being the seer though. Hopefully Spiderman is right about that. If he is, the villagers have nearly won. There's a single wolf remaining, and Zigathon, as the seer, would probably be able to deduce (from how we've voted and from those he has investigated) that either Melkor or Mooseman is the wolf. Even if we fail to figure out which one, we'll get the right one tomorrow...

But I'll wait to see what Zigathon has to say about all of this...

D

DarthFerret

Ghost of DarthFerret: You thought I had Orgg locked up because of his mental state?????

E

EricBess

Ghost of EricBess: You mean to tell us you knew and didn't say anything...then you deserve what you got :D

Z

Zigathon

Well, I must say that this is an interesting turn of events.
I think I'm going to let this play out a bit longer and watch for clues before I point the finger again.
However, I know for a fact one or more of you is not a wolf. As for the rest... I'm keeping an eye on you.
My only puzzle, and question for the rest of you to answer, is why would the wolves kill Limited, when in fact I just might be the seer?

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Either the werewolf didn't pick up on your clues or just didn't want to kill you :)

I agree with Melkor's theory that Limited was killed to put doubt on myself, since he leading the charge to hang me. However, hopefully I have shown through my behavior that I'm NOT a wolf and the effort went for naught...

E

EricBess

As of now, there are only 2 votes cast and they are both for Zigathon. Typically, by end of day on Wednesday, we finilize the "nominees". I want to make sure everyone gets to chime in, so if we need to extend one more day to give everyone a chance to post, we can, but if we do get another clear 2-votes by end of day today, we'll roll with it.