Werewolf IV

E

EricBess

It was a dark and dreary night....

I haven't sent out roles yet. I will send rolls to everyone, even the normal villagers, so don't post until you get your roll in case you see this before I get a chance to send them all out. There are 12 players this time (counting myself as the moderator, but I won't last long).

BigBlue
DarthFerret
Limited
Melkor
Mooseman
orgg
Oversoul
sageridder
spiderman
turgy22
Zigathon

Once you get your role, come back here and post the following information:
- A very brief "profession/background"
- An explaination of why you are not a werewolf. Be as brief or as long as you want.
- An "alibi"...select a player from the list who you claim "saw you" and can attest that you are not a werewolf. For the first 2 votes, you will NOT be allowed to vote for that person and that person will NOT be allowed to vote for you. If everyone chooses the same person, then that person will only end up voting in the case of a tie.

Also - for the first two days, werewolves will be allowed to communicate freely, but only at night. After the second night, they will need to each send me a "top 2" list and they will kill the person who appears highest on both lists. One wolf will be designated with senority in case they both select the same two people, but in opposite order. If they select 4 separate people, then they aren't organized that night and no one will be killed.

So...The wolves need to spend those first two days discussing strategy and possibly even planning a "short list" to make sure that they don't end up not getting to feed.

Finally, there will be at least one villager who is not a wolf that is told who another villager is. That other villager may or may not know about them in return. There will be one more minor twist on this that may or may not come into play, but will be explained in full to the person that it applies to.

With that said, I will now assign rolls and send everyone PMs. Everyone should get a PM with their roll. If you don't please send me a PM to let me know.

E

EricBess

Okay - all roles have been assigned. If you did not receive a PM with a role, please let me know.

Just before midnight, there is an unnatural howl that lingers in the air. Some of you were out loitering when this occured and caught glimpses of others while running back to your homes. Two of you were commiting a grizzly act. One of you had a vision in the middle of the night and discovered that you can focus your attention on someone and discover their true nature. All of you quickly made it back to your homes.

As dawn breaks, everyone gathers to discuss the sound. It is then that the corpse is found. A traveller and stranger to this area, no one really knew much about him. What is clear is that he had been fleeing from something and had seemed nervous, jabbering last night at the tavern about werewolves. If what he had said is true, then it could also be true that he has led these foul beasts to your small town....

...or maybe they've been here all along.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
I'm a miller.

I'm not a werewolf because I get squeamish at the sight of blood (well, any bodily fluids like vomit, but what werewolf vomits?)

BigBlue is my childhood friend and can attest that I'm not a werewolf.

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
Well, you all must have believed that I am no fiend, since you approved of my inclusion as one of the village Eldermen.

Oversoul, you were the one who first asked me to help lead this village.

And as one of your leaders, I can say this...... Someone will hang today for this grizzley crime. Where is our valued sheriff? Or his constable?

D

DarthFerret

I am your sherrif. FOr this reason you should know that I am also not a werewolf. I do vow to find the varmit and hunt him down like a dog in heat!

I know that Turgy22 will vouch for me, as he was my number one supporter when it came to election time.

I say we gather everyone up, ask a few questions, discover the wolf's identity and Hang him! Thus Justice be done!

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
I am the butcher. I love cutting animals up and eating them. But I am not into butchering humans. I tried it before a long time ago and didn't like it.

Darthferret knows I am not a werewolf because he caught me trying to raid his chicken coop last night and beat me about the head with a stout wooden club. My appearance then was as it always is: entirely human.

turgy22

Nothing Special
I'm six years old and I like playing fun games. I'm not a werewolf because werewolves are big and mean and ugly and they smell. And I'm too small to hurt anybody.

DarthFerret know I'm not a werewolf because he's my daddy and I love him and he's the best sherriff ever!!!

B

BigBlue

I am the village sage...

As a learned person of letters, I know better than to cavort with any wolves or their kin, for they quickly turn on their friends.

Sagerider can attest that I am no wolf, for he had just left my home discussing a personal health matter prior to the howling...

L

Limited

I am a Farmer, and I dun hav' no time for bein' a wulf. My field needs tending to!

Oversoul kin were I was last nite! I woz pickin' up some poultry he hath promised me, but 'e still ad to go out an' git for me. I were still waiting in 'is shop when 'e return'd empt' handed..

(* I don't know what the hell kind of accent this is, but bear with me*)

S

sageridder

I am a gambler, I'm often found in a tavern or some other seedy place playing dice or cards.BigBlue knows I'm not a wolf as last night I was getting an ointment from him to clear up a rash of a personal nature.As a public service I suggest none of you visit the ladies over at the Dew Drop Inn untill they clean up thier act, so to speak.

Z

Zigathon

I am Zigathon. Reclusive hermit from the North. I come to town for a bit to eat and drink at the tavern. Their salads are my favorite.
I'm no damn wolf, if I was I doubt I'd be a vegetarian. Just ask Oversoul about my protests to his meatmongering.

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
turgy22 said:
I'm six years old and I like playing fun games. I'm not a werewolf because werewolves are big and mean and ugly and they smell. And I'm too small to hurt anybody.

DarthFerret know I'm not a werewolf because he's my daddy and I love him and he's the best sherriff ever!!!
Well, if we'd held a contest for best intro, you would have won right there.

Melkor

As the proud owner of the Dew Drop Inn, I resent any accusations that my establishment is less than first class in anyway. As the towns wealthiest man, I have no reason to become a vicious killer, I already make a killing in my business deals. Spiderman knows I'm not a werewolf as I attempted to buy out his mill last night.

E

EricBess

That's everyone except orgg...We'll give him the weekend to check in and give his alibi.

B

BigBlue

Because this game starts with nothing more than a baseless accusation... it's the responses which tend to tell me who the wolves are... I shall cast the first stone...

I accuse Oversoul, for his butchery leads me to think he has a lust for blood... I shall however retain the right to change my mind later...

E

EricBess

Looks like orgg didn't check in, so he doesn't have an alibi. Remember, you can not vote for 1) the person you choose as your alibi, or 2) anyone who choose you as their alibi. Hopefully, looking at who chose whom as an alibi will give a bit of a basis for a voting direction. One thing to keep in mind is that the werewolves know who each other is, so you have to ask yourself if they would choose each other as an alibi...

Let the voting begin. I'm not going to set a specific end date of voting yet, but will go by a couple of guidelines. 1) if the voting ever gets to the point where I see a 2/3 majority, voting will end and that person will hang. 2) If voting is close and everyone has chimed in, or if posting starts to slow down, I will post a call for a final vote.

My assumption is that everyone is able to check in at least once a day (with the exception of weekends). If that is not the case, please PM me and I'll anonomously make sure we try to fit everyone's schedule with voting as well as possible

Melkor

BigBlue

I blame BigBlue because of his association with witchcraft and learning. Also I'm angry that someone else has gotten in the first official accusation before me. I'm always first to accuse.

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
BigBlue said:
Because this game starts with nothing more than a baseless accusation... it's the responses which tend to tell me who the wolves are... I shall cast the first stone...

I accuse Oversoul, for his butchery leads me to think he has a lust for blood... I shall however retain the right to change my mind later...
I have seen you eat what he butchers, so what does that mean?

Now lets, not start going off halfcocked.
We should form a committe and investigate this, then implement a focused plan that has the best chance of success.

turgy22

Nothing Special
Spiderman said:
I think turgy22 is a werewolf. Don't let that small, innocent child act fool you!
You're a poopyhead! I'm not big enough to hurt anybody.

I think Limited is a werewolf because he talks funny and one time he yelled at me and kicked me off his farm for riding on one of his pigs, but I was just having fun and he's mean. Also, he's got really bushy eyebrows and a lot of back hair - just like a werewolf.