Werewolf 13: Insanity

Melkor

sageridder

I agree that the obvious place to look is at those who voted for train. However, I also am convinced by Oversoul's comments. I think he was just brought into this as a natural consequence of accusations flying. Doesn't conclusively mean he's not the wolf, but it is something to consider. I think EricBess has been too outspoken so far, a wolf wouldn't want to draw so much attention to himself. So that leaves sageridder as our suspect who cast the deciding vote for train, but hasn't been as outspoken and attention drawing as some others. So, for the moment, that is my logic.

S

sageridder

I dissagree that the most obvious place to look is at those who voted for train. At that point thier were many more villagers than wolves, so it would be better for them to let our paranoia kill off the first of us without drawing attention to themselves by both being involved with the vote. As far as not being vocal enough I belive those quickest to point a finger at others are often guilty themselves. With reguard to being the final vote for Train, with a full third of the vote not in how was I to know 3 wouldn't vote in time? Three votes would have dramitically changed the outcome, heck you had a vote yourself 3 more would have put your neck in the noose.

Melkor

sageridder

Actually, I didn't accuse you of making the final vote for him. I actually count that in your favor as putting in a potentially deciding vote is not something I think a wolf would do. By obvious I mean a discernible class of people with some reason other than blind suspicion to make us think they might be a wolf. Obvious doesn't mean best or right, but at the moment we're dealing with a very limited information situation.

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
Hmmmm.... lets look at the board as it sits:
EB - Oversoul
MM - Oversoul
Spidey - ???
Oversoul - ???
BB - Oversoul
Melkor - Sageridder
SR - Melkor

Oversoul, you got a chance to sway my vote, since I'm wavering like a straight draw with a flush draw on the table......

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
Okay, I've been thinking about it, and I think this is right. When Train turned out to be human, I suspected that at least one of the wolves voted for him. He got the most votes anyway, although it wasn't by a landslide or anything. Maybe one wolf voted for him and one voted for me. I don't know. But I didn't want to just accuse one of them randomly, because I could be wrong. However, voting for Train yesterday and then switching to me today seems exactly like something a wolf would do. As much as I have misgivings about again voting for the person that voted for me, I'm going to have to pick EricBess.

Up until I just said this, it seems like it would have been very easy for him to fly under the radar. And I'll wager that this is exactly what he wanted to do.

B

BigBlue

Hmmm. I started to suspect EB as well, he seemed to jump on Train awfully fast, and once he was proven innocent, turned his sights on you. Of course, you could be both wolves, and trying to dilute the votes, hoping people jump on Sagerider or Melkor's side. Come to think of it, Sagerider also was quick to jump on Train...

Right now, I suspect the wolves are you and EB or you and Sagerider... You are the link between the two of them, so I'm keeping my vote Oversoul.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
I don't think train or Oversoul are the wolves; I think they're just accusing each other and train is trying to get revenge for Oversoul wiping him out of the game - how could he know anything for sure before any night actions? They're both poor players...

But I don't know who it might be of the rest. Obviously everyone who voted for train has to switch their votes to somebody else.

Lacking any descernible evidence or pattern in the betting and bluffing, I'll stay with Melkor until convinced otherwise, because anyone against gambling means a vote from me for now.

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
Well that definitely changes my vote, Spidey, Oversoul and SR all have good arguments for and against some of the villagers, so I will take the bold step to pick Melkor. Hey, paint that target on my forehead.

Oversoul was too obvious a pick, as was Sagerider who voted for Train.
But, I am still not sure. Melkor is flying way to much under the radar.

EB - Oversoul
MM - Melkor
Spidey - Melkor
Oversoul - EB
BB - Oversoul
Melkor - Sageridder
SR - Melkor

Melkor

EricBess

While I stated that our late mayor was anti-gambling, I have never said I myself was. In fact I was one of those who did join the poker game.

Additionally, I would say casting aspersions on people from the beginning and longish posts with detailed reasoning is hardly flying under the radar.

It probably really seals my death, but I'm going to change my vote to EricBess as he is also on my suspicion list, and their seems to be no support for sageridder.

E

EricBess

Melkor, why would you do that? Set yourself up in a 3-2-2 with a vote against someone who could switch up a swing vote in your direction? I don't believe you are a wolf, but I know I'm not. Hopefully, it won't come to that.

Personally, I'm curious about spiderman and why he accused train and oversoul of being bad players. But if he's a wolf, that comment really only makes sense if Oversoul is also a wolf. I'm concerned at this point that by not voting Oversoul, we lose some valuable information.

As for "jumping quickly on train", I gave my reasons - train has never been the first person hanged. Since we don't have anything to go on for the first vote, it seems reasonable to share the love on who has to start off the ghost council. If you don't like my reason, I can accept that, but it's just as valid a reason as any other people offered.

Melkor - I urge you to reconsider and vote for Oversoul.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
When I said "poor players", I meant in playing poker... they keep playing with their chips, making little forts, they go all wild-eyed and excited when they get a good hand, sometimes they fold on a good hand when they don't have to...

:D

(I didn't mean poor players in this actual game of Werewolf)

B

BigBlue

So, as it stands right now, these are the votes?

EricBess - Oversoul
Mooseman - Melkor
Spidey - Melkor
Oversoul - EricBess
BigBlue - Oversoul
Melkor - EricBess
Sagerider - Melkor

Melkor

Spiderman

EricBess, it was clear to me that voting for Oversoul was/is kind of useless for me because then it will be a tie with Oversoul casting the deciding vote. Wonder which way he'll swing (I bet it's to make me swing). It's basically too late for any of the Melkor votes to change and if they don't then I'm done because even if BigBlue changed to you, that would cause a tie with you casting the deciding vote. Anyway the support for to hang me came (as it always seems to) suddenly and swiftly. I single out Spidey because he has continuously spread vicious lies about my own stance on gambling. Additionally, I'd say I have inside information pointing to his wolfishness but I'm definitely not the seer.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Vicious lies? It took you all this time to "clear up your stance on gambling" when you could have done so at the very outset. And only when your neck is on the line, I might add. All of this switching votes around makes you definitely a politician's man, whereas I've been consistent this entire time.

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
What valuable information would be gained by hanging me, EricBess? All anyone would learn would be that I am innocent, and that whoever the wolves choose next was innocent. Oh, and that most of you are idiots. But I could have told you that already.

Melkor

Well, I did clear up my stance yesterday but before that . . . In his funeral oration on Roscoe Conkling, Robert G. Ingersoll said, "He was maligned, misrepresented and misunderstood, but he would not answer. He was as silent then as he is now --and his silence, better than any form of speech, refuted every charge." Or to quote George Bernard Shaw, "Silence is the most perfect expression of scorn."

E

EricBess

Oversoul said:
What valuable information would be gained by hanging me, EricBess? All anyone would learn would be that I am innocent, and that whoever the wolves choose next was innocent. Oh, and that most of you are idiots. But I could have told you that already.
Basically, Spiderman's responses give me the impression that if you are innocent, so is he. If you are a wolf, there is a decent chance he is also, but that's not certain. It's round-about, but I figure you've as much chance of being a wolf as anyone and more than most, so it's a good play to begin with.

So, my thinking is that if you are a wolf, we make progress and if you aren't, we have something more to go on.

Ransac

CPA Trash Man
Melkor is led to the gallows... you could say that he's being drug to the gallows: he really doesn't want to hang. Can you blame him though? He's about to be killed at the request of incredibly scared men. He tries to fight his way out, but the noose is slipped around his neck.... when an interesting "transformation" begins.

"I'LL KILL YOU!!!!! I'LL KILL YOU ALL!!!!!," followed by foam coming from the mouth and he begins to growl and snarl incontrollably. The crowd begins to panic and someone pulls the lever. Melkor drops, muttering something about "appeasing his wolfish need." With his dying words, his rambles on "the feeling of fur, the sharp fangs!!"...

Confusingly enough, however, this is contrary to what you see. Melkor is dead, swaying in the breeze, but he is merely a man. He clearly believed that he was a werewolf and that he was behind what had taken place here! Yet, the video footage and clear marks clearly show that a werewolf is among you. What is going on?

The only thing that is clear is that Melkor was at some point driven to insanity. After his body has been disposed of, the rest of you retreat to your houses in hopes of living through the night.

ALL WHO NEED TO PM ME, DO SO.

Ransac, cpa trash man