Werewolf 13: Insanity

Ransac

CPA Trash Man
Oversoul is led to the gallows, breathing extremely heavily. Can you blame him, though? Well.... maybe you can. I mean, all of you believe he's a wolf. He's the one who's been killing your friends. HE'S THE ONE WHO'S BEEN SLAUGHTERING YOUR COMMUNITY!!!!!!!!!!...

Oversoul drops and his neck snaps

...isn't he? Surely, he's the culprit!!!! He hasn't changed yet, but give it some time!...

...some time later, the truth is clear: Oversoul was wrongly hung. He was no wolf. SHAME ON ALL OF YOU FOR HANGING AN INNOCENT MAN....

...and one of you will pay for this. It is now dusk and that means the wolf will be among you again. You run to your homes and barricade the doors, hoping to live another day.

Well, tomorrow morning, there's going to be three of you. This is it. Who's gonna live? All who need to pm me, please do.

Ransac, cpa trash man

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Oversoul said:
See post #87. I actually don't remember what happened last game, but if you've managed to discuss the possibility of one of our hanged villagers being guilty two games in a row, maybe you're getting senile...
OOC: I probably already am senile... but no, that was actually intentional. I think the discussion before that revolved around you and train and I was just reitering my position that I think/thought you guys just had it out for each other but neither was the wolf... I knew he was dead :)

Ransac

CPA Trash Man
Crap, I thought I already did this....

The night was treacherous. At first, it appears that a chaotic yell of bloodlust was eminating from Spiderman's room, incriminating the man. However, the yell was replaced by growling and howling, along with the sound of Spiderman being ripped limb from limb. Everyone feels that it's best to remain in their houses for the time being.

Morning: The remaining three of you cautiously tred on the ruins that once was Spiderman's abode. The room is littered with odd items. Strange drawings and diary pages indicate that, like Melkor, Spidey also believed that he was the werewolf causing all of this...

....but, as his severed limbs indicate, he was very much a man. And there is still a werewolf on the loose.

You have until Friday to select one to hang. This is your last chance, villagers.

Ransac, cpa trash man

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
Well, I know I am not a wolf so it's either of you two.......or both of you and I have no chance.
I guess the seer is already dead or too dumb to save this village....
I really don't know which of you ate poor Spiderman last night.

B

BigBlue

Wow....

I was so sure Oversoul was a werewolf... And then this disturbing imagery in Spiderman's house...

I know I am not a wolf, I wish I knew the two of you better to know which one of you is... Or, if you're both wolves... then I'm dead tonight for sure.

S

sageridder

Well here's the rub, I don't belive my vote will have any effect. I find it interesting that you both speculate thier could be two wolves when that would just end in my being overpowered and killed. I see some inconsistincies in both of your voteing patterns and in the patterns of how the wolf minions voted for or against either of you. If there was a seer he was killed in the night or someone would have steped up at some point. Killing spiderman who was a minion means it was a choice between two minions. This leaves me with only one conclusion to draw, one of you is the wolf and the other the last minion. So while I belive I have figured out the wolf it won't matter as I am sure the two of you will vote as a pair and my death is just a matter of playing out our roles to the end and my grizzly demise. I suppose I could be mistaken but for the wolf to kill spiderman in the night is really such a strange move for the wolf that I must be right, or there is some part of the picture missing some sort of twist that will have to be revealed to explain this move.

B

BigBlue

Sagerider... I don't know what to say... Erratic voting? I voted for Oversoul EVERY vote because I was certain it was him. Appartenly I was wrong.

The only other 2 people I ever suspected were you and EricBess, but EricBess is dead... Dead at your hands apparently. So, I can see you are lashing out at a villager, hoping to hang me, so you may eat Mooseman...

I will see you hanged for your crimes against humanity. Vile Wolf.

I am guilty of one thing, in believing poor Oversoul was a wolf. I was wrong about that. I wish I could take back those votes. I do not believe I am wrong now. Either you or Mooseman is a wolf. I waited to see who would cast the first stone, knowing it was likely the wolf would want to start the voting. Sagerider, I believe in my heart you are the wolf.

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
Good Lord..... you don't make this easy..... so looking over the last few days, I have to say that BB was the only one of Oversouls's accusers that lived.... well except me, but I know why I lived, to pin this on......
Well BigBlue it didn't work, because Sageridder didn't fall for your tricks.

B

BigBlue

Tricks? I'm no trickster...

If you hang me Mooseman, Sagerider will eat you for dinner...

Then he'll move off to terrorize another village.

We have to put a stop to this NOW and hang him before he strikes again!

To be honest, I'd rather hang than be eaten. I have to figure that what happened to our brother villagers at the hands of Sagerider was much more painful than hanging.

A vote for me, is to invite that pain onto yourself.

T

train

(can the ghost council communicate on things in the game, even if we haven't been used yet?)

S

sageridder

OOC :Train you kinda poofed us here by making a comment out of game. I had noticed that no minion had ever voted mooseman and was kinda struggling with it. I had thought of asking bigblue to change his vote to see if there was a rule that minions couldn't vote for the wolf. If Bigblue changed I even thought of forcing a tie to go to council. But now it would seem I changed on your wanting imput and would be unfair. Yes Mooseman is the wolf and Bigblue might be a villager or a minion, the Spiderman thing makes me think so. But it would be unfair at this point for me to change my vote because we all know you were the seer and know that one of the two isn't a wolf. Just hang bigblue and then kill me.

T

train

(What the?!!!... Guess I didn't specify to who - but the intent of the question, honestly, was to communicate with other ghost council members about what I/we thought was going on... Since we hadn't been called upon - I didn't know if the rules let us do that... I thought maybe the ghost council could only get together when called upon or the like...

Anything else that could be drawn out of that question was completely unintentional...)

B

BigBlue

(* OK, I admit I haven't played WW in ages... What's a Ghost Council? And what's a Minion? *)

(* Oh, and in the interest of not having Train's Comment matter... I'm willing to take the vote as it stood before his comment, I doubt I would have convinced mooseman to change his vote, and I am not going to waffle... *)

Around 3pm, you decide that I am the wolf and you're out to hang me.

Just as you each grab an arm, you feel almost inhuman strength struggling to pull away from your grip.

Mooseman can't hold on, he let's go and for a second you fear for your life as BigBlue jerks his other arm free from your control.

"If I'm going to hang, I'll hang on my terms."

BigBlue walks to the gallows, puts the noose over his head.

"Thank You. Thank you for keeping me from the fate that one of you will have tonight. As I said, I'd much rather hang than be eaten by a wolf."

With that you pull the lever, the floor drops... The crack of the neck is distinct and grotesque.

You anxiously wait for some sign you've hanged the right villager.

For about 10 seconds...

Then, as you think about moving in to remove the body...

BigBlue starts convulsing, writhing in agony, and for what you hope is the last time, he lifts his limp head just a bit... a transformation takes place, and one final mournful howl escapes his throat, trailing off...

You have at last killed a Werewolf!

Sleep tight villagers. . .

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
OCC - If the vote is a tie, then the "dead" players get to cast the deciding vote.
Minion, I'm not sure, but the person running the game can throw in twists that are not known to all players.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Whoa, what a game... very confusing. Initially I thought *I* was the werewolf but kept having "blackouts" at night, since none of my intended victims died and someone else died :) Then when I died, I "saw" the truth :D

E

EricBess

BB - We've been throwing in small twists almost every game just to keep things a bit unexpected. Most of the time, they are twists that don't really affect anything, but just make it more interesting.

For example, in this game, it looks like there were at least 3 people who thought they were a wolf, but we only needed to pin down one (probably BB, but given what happened with the other two, I'll wait for Ransac to confirm).

The Ghost Counsil is something we introduced a while back that we've sort of kept throughout and used as necessary. Basically, it's everyone that's been killed so far and they are invoked when there is a deadlocked vote amoung the villagers. One person (usually the last person killed by the wolf) acts as "voice" and the other ghost council members contact him with a vote, then it's up to him to cast the deciding vote on who is to be hanged.

It's ended up being a strategic point as well, as sagerider pointed out. If the feeling is that the seer was killed, but might have information, votes are sometimes manipulated to send them to the ghost counsil in the hopes that the seer can still reveal himself to the council and get the right person.

B

BigBlue

I knew I'd be caught today... there'd been a few votes thrown my way earlier, and I was the only one who'd ever voted Sagerider... I figured Mooseman might go along... Since he'd been so close to getting hanged... But I also figured the chances of that were slim.

At least I wasn't hanged early on... It seems difficult being a lone wolf...

Ransac

CPA Trash Man
Good game, guys!!

Yes, BigBlue was indeed the werewolf. Melkor and Spidey were each told that they "realized" that they were werewolves, while BigBlue was straight up told that he was.

The villagers win, again. I wass really hoping that a false werewolf would be left at the end (and see what thread mayhem would ensue afterwards). But, the villagers win, yet again :(

So, what'd you guys think of the "Insanity" twist?

Ransac, cpa trash man