RPG: Horror on the Hill

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
You continue westerly for another hour and a half (about 2700 feet), keeping parallel to the river/stream. It's about 3 in the afternoon. You hear a faint buzzing sound that quickly grows louder, and a foot long bee appears on the path 50 feet ahead of you. It spots the party (mostly Arek) and the buzzing increases.

I

Istanbul

Lathos says in a quiet, clear voice, "Everyone, hold still. If we leave it be, it will almost certainly do the same."

D

Daggertooth

"Perhaps," I say....preparin an arrow to spit the critters eyes, "but if it comes near it's dead."

P

Prince RXI

RXI and Aniya both slip into the forest "Trying to hide from all viewings"

***As a wolf as a plus to hide for being a wolf and an elf has a hide bonus in a forest, this should be interesting***

I

Istanbul

Lathos burns the forest down so that there's noplace to hide.

Okay, maybe not. :)

I

Istanbul

As days come and go, the bee and the party stand as they are, the leaves turning brown and falling to the ground, winter coming, then the thaw...

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
** You do realize that Monday was a holiday, right? :p And RXI, sorry, no bonuses to hiding **

The bee flies forward at top speed, diving into Arek and stinging his hand. The buzzing abruptly stops as the bee expires, but Arek grimaces as he feels a massive throbbing in his hand.

D

Daggertooth

Well, if the stinger is lodged in Areks hand I Quickly slice it off at the tip with an arrow tip......to make sure no more poison enters his system. Otherwise I'll just lay him down and get on the other side of him.....so anyone with more medical skill can help him.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
You succeed in digging out the stinger. Now there's just an ugly, swollen, red welt on Arek's hand.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
As everyone sits in stupified wonder at Arek's hand, Morglum says in disgust, "Let's get on with it, shall we? If he can't handle such a scratch then he shouldn't be out here."

Chastised, the group continues west for another hour (2400 feet) before turning slightly southwest for another 45 minutes (1800 feet) before coming to the north end of a small clearing. It's tucked away in a narrow valley at the edge of small pond. Ahead of you to the south, a 30 foot high waterfall rises. The stream flowing away to the north-northeast seems to be the one that you were parallelling on the trail. Several different varieties of flowers grow in this idyllic spot and the waters of the pond and stream are clear.

Z

Zero T Katama

Continuing along, I look around

"Who would have thought... such a beautiful place was here.."

P

Prince RXI

"This place, like so many other places, holds many a deep mysteries, Arek. If you think this is beautiful, you should come and see the forest I am from sometime... Only, you would have to do this with me acomponying you."

D

Daggertooth

I eye the clearing carefully. Trying to see anything that could pose a danger.

"clearings such as these are often the stake out of various preadators. If that bee is any indication on what lives here we should take every step cautiously."

I move towards the west perimeter of the clearing just to scout a bit. Like always, my bow knocked and ready.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
** What's up, guys? I need to know what's going on before I can respond. If you guys think this whole thing is lame, just say so and we'll quit. **

R

rkoelsch

scan the clearing looking for anything unusual.

** I haven't been doing much as I haven't seen anything. Thats the problem with low level MU I have limited resources and must save them for really important issues.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Everything is quiet and peaceful except for the roar of the waterfall.

** If one don't want to do something because one's weak, perhaps one could make suggestions that the others could follow? This doesn't just apply to rkoelsch... I just can't imagine that everyone is standing in the clearing, just looking around. I mean, they might if they first enter, but by now they ought to be doing something else since I've posted what's going on in response to looking around **

Z

Zero T Katama

After looking around, I begin to search around for any trails or caves, looking near the Waterfall as well

P

Prince RXI

RXI asks Aniya to smell for anything that could be a threat while looking for the way to go as well