RPG: Horror on the Hill

Discussion in 'General Gaming' started by Spiderman, Jan 22, 2002.

  1. Spiderman CPA Man in Tights, Dopey Administrative Assistant

    Arek, you don't find any visible trails or caves in the area, nor nothing extraordinary around the waterfall. As you clamber up on top of the waterfall, you do see a huge, narrow pond stretching away from you to the south but the clearing only lets you go about halfway on the east side of the pond before the trees and underbrush block your way.

    RXI, you find much the same thing with the addition that Aniya doesn't smell anything that might be considered dangerous.
  2. Prince RXI CPA Moon-Boy

    "I say we go into the woods and search for a new path... Of course, you guys have the decision..."

    Silently to Aniya:
    "Make sure to be calm but attentive here... I do not like this silence of the passings...*
  3. Istanbul Sucker MCs call me sire.

    Lathos maps the areas as they are related to him by the other members of his party.

    "Into the woods sounds like a good idea. Whatever plagues this place is not likely to be found out in the open."
  4. Spiderman CPA Man in Tights, Dopey Administrative Assistant

    Gleaned from Arek's and RXI's explorations, the land to the east (the section of clearing above the waterfall, where it stops halfway down the pond's east side) slopes upward. The land everywhere else in the other directions from the clearing seem pretty level, for the most part.
  5. Daggertooth The Rune Master

    "I vote for the woods. I guess I wont need this for a while then." As I say that last part I strap my bow over my sholder, take out my double short swords, and wait for everyone elses vots.
  6. Zero T Katama Silver Shadow Guardian

    Returning, I nod in assent.

    "Yes, the woods seem the best way to go..."
  7. Spiderman CPA Man in Tights, Dopey Administrative Assistant

    Morglum gruffly says, "Well, which way then? North, south, east, or west?"
  8. Zero T Katama Silver Shadow Guardian

    East, I say...
  9. Istanbul Sucker MCs call me sire.

    "East it is."

    Lathos proceeds eastward, map and mapmaking implements in hand, mace unbonded and ready to pull if need be.
  10. rkoelsch Angel Boy

    I will follow along
  11. Spiderman CPA Man in Tights, Dopey Administrative Assistant

    Leaving the clearing and trails, the party attempts to travel cross-country eastward. This severely slows the party's progress. Whereas it only took one turn (10 minutes) to travel 300 feet, doing it this way takes four times as long (not to mention traveling upwards). Gasping and wheezing, the party hacks and slashes its way through the thick and dense underbrush, trying desperately to move forward. After moving the 300 feet that takes 40 minutes, the party finally crashes into another clearing, where the sound of buzzing breaks into their thoughts. Three more giant bees have just entered the clearing from the south and stop short upon seeing you.
  12. Istanbul Sucker MCs call me sire.

    Lathos puts his map-making implements away and pulls his mace out.

    Now, to be more specific about the action I had intended to do last time and will do this time:

    If one of the giant bees comes within striking distance, I will attack it pre-emptively. (Commonly known as holding your action.) Barring that, I will stand my ground and watch to see what they do.
  13. Daggertooth The Rune Master

    I quickly sheath my two swords and pull out my Bow, quickly knocking an arrow and aiming at the closest bee.

    *If the thing so much as twitches towards us I fire between the eyes.*
  14. Zero T Katama Silver Shadow Guardian

    *I follow suit with my bow and arrow, aiming for the one not covered by Nychus and Lathos*
  15. Prince RXI CPA Moon-Boy

    Silently to Aniya:
    "Girl... stay calm and be on guard. If they attack us, you may have your way with them:cool:"

    RXI silently begins to collect an entangle spell so that if it is needed he can use it, but not to waste it if he doesn't.
  16. Spiderman CPA Man in Tights, Dopey Administrative Assistant

    The bees, after a moment, buzz back down the path the way they came. Good thing too, because you guys are SO tired from hacking through the underbrush that you would have had a -1 on to hit and damage rolls.

    As it is, you have to spend 2 turns (20 minutes) recovering and catching your breath. You find yourselves on a rocky escarpment that's only about 20 feet wide on top but descending to about 300 feet at the base. The land falls away from this point from three directions: north, east, and west sharply for about 80 feet (you came up the west side). Additionally, to the northwest, it's basically a steep cliff that drops 160 feet. A path leads from the clearing to the south, the only area of "level" ground, although you can see the elevation rise in the distance in that direction.

    From this vantage point, you are able to see some of the surrounding land. Though it's mostly treetops, you see the clearing and waterfall from whence you had come, a clearing far to the east (almost back at the landing point), and, through a notch between two ridges to the west, another faroff clearing.

    It's roughly 6 PM and the sun is gradually lowering, casting red streaks across the sky. You estimate you have about 30 minutes (3 turns) left of light.
  17. Daggertooth The Rune Master

    "we should make camp. Having at least two keep watch at all times. I'll take part of the first watch."
  18. Prince RXI CPA Moon-Boy

    "I agree that we need to make camp, and after I meditate, I will take the second half of the second watch and will watch all of the 3rd watch. Aniya will sleep. all the way through it exept the last half of the 3rd watch. Agreed?"
  19. Istanbul Sucker MCs call me sire.

    "I will take the first watch as well."
  20. Zero T Katama Silver Shadow Guardian

    I shall take the second watch

Share This Page