RPG: Horror on the Hill

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
*** Sorry, my bad. When I reply, it doesn't show the post subjects so I was going by my stats sheet which didn't list that name. I've corrected it though **

Morglum speaks up, "It don't matter to me. West or North, can't matter much."

D

Daggertooth

"I don't like this," I mumble as I rejoin the group, "A peacfull clearing with prime access to water, and not so much as a footprint.....Nothing. A mystery in itself...where are all the beasts everyones so afraid of."

"North sounds good"

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
** I now need a marching order, single file. Morglum does not care where he goes so you may suggest a position for him. If by tomorrow not everyone has responded, I will assign position for them. **

R

rkoelsch

"I would like to be near the front but not the lead. I am not the good of a woodsman."

D

Daggertooth

"I'll go second. So I can use my bow and not have too many in front of me."

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
** Okay, here is the marching order: Arek, Nychus, Roland, Lathos, RXI, Bob, Morglum **

The trail veers north-northwest for about an hour (6 turns - 2400 feet) and then turns west. Through the trees and underbrush you can see you're now traveling parallel to a river/stream, moving west to east. You can hear the occasional bird or underbrush rustle but really nothing out of the ordinary.

You travel west for about an hour and a half when you do hear something out of the ordinary. A grunting noise is heard ahead but before you can react, a giant figure appears about 8 feet away. It's about an 8 foot tall brutish humanoid figure wearing animal skins and carrying a club. It sees you and stops. You can almost see the smoke coming from its ears and it tries to "think" :)

I

Istanbul

Lathos has been mapping the entire way, of course.

Upon seeing the creature, he looks to the others. "I recommend that we simply pass it by. Why pick an unnecessary fight?"

D

Daggertooth

***Is it possible to sneak by on this narrow trail?***

I knock an arrow and prepare for a fight, but I don't raise my bow yet so I don't look threatening.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
** No, the trail is only wide enough for one person to cross comfortably; two people would run into the underbrush **

P

Prince RXI

RXI kneels down next to Aniya and asks her quietly: "Aniya... be careful now, but be ready to attack if I give the old signal."

RXI then stands back up and pulls out his scimitar slowly in his right hand. Then he slowly takes his left hand out of his cloak. In his left hand all along was his sling, loaded.

Z

Zero T Katama

I use detect evil ability on it

"Make no hostile moves as of yet. be on your ready, though.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
** You guys realize that because of the narrow path, only Arek and Nychus will actually be able to get into melee combat and that they would effectively block range shots **

The creature yawns and scratches his head, then turns and shuffles back the way it came. Within moments it is back out of sight.

P

Prince RXI

RXI pulls his weapons back inside his cloak and then calms Aniya down.

To Aniya:
"Keep your senses trained, old girl... I do not like this one bit."

RXI then chants prayer to Obid-Hai, then uses "Pass Without Trace" on both himself and Aniya.

Z

Zero T Katama

*I motion for the group to continue onwards*

Keep on your guard, everyone...

*I head forward, keeping an eye out*