RPG: Horror on the Hill

R

rkoelsch

"I can do third watch"

I sit down and eat some rations. Then prepare a sleeping place along the cliff.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
You guys settle down, making a campfire and trading stories. Nothing happens during the night while the various members are on watch.

You rise at about 7 when light peeks over the treetops. After attending to various businesses :) and eating, you're ready to go at around 8.

Z

Zero T Katama

I survey the area from the cliff

"Well comrades? What suggestions do you have as to what we do now?

P

Prince RXI

"I think that we should look to find this place on the hill that is said to be hounted..."

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Morglum grunts, "Good idea, but we should get moving if we're to find it. I think traveling off the trail is going to be more trouble than it's worth plus it slows us down in a big way, so why don't we just follow the trail leading out of here and see where it takes us?"

P

Prince RXI

"Very well. If that is what you all wish, we can take the path... *adds silently in druidic the following* city slickers."

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
You follow the trail for 2 turns (600 feet) when it splits around a large, densely packed hill directly to the south. The trail continues southeast and southwest.

D

Daggertooth

*Anything to distinguish these two trails? elevation rises, how often they are used, how wide they are, if anything is unusual about them.....ect*

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
* Nope. They're about the same width as the one you followed from the riverbank; i.e. one person wide that could walk comfortably. They're not heavily worn in any way. They follow the same elevation as the one you're on; i.e. pretty level. The "outer" sides of the trails that are not on the same side of the rising hill do fall away sharply downwards; in other words, the west side of the southwest trail and the east side of the southeast trail drop. **

D

Daggertooth

*well in that case.......*
"LOOK!" I say pointing towoards the sky. As everyone looks I quickly flip a coin......heads. As the group look at me questioningly I shrug and say, "My bad, Thought I saw something in the sky."

I then confidently say that Southeast is the best way to go. :p

P

Prince RXI

"I say western. But then again, I always say to go west because that is where all druids go eventually..."

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Morglum gruffly says, "Well, we have a vote for southeast and a vote for southwest and two don't cares (including me). Anyone else?"

R

rkoelsch

"Goody Goody get to be tie breaker. This is the most excitement all week. I will vote for...............South...............West."

** it is the little things in life that are important

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
The trail goes southwest for 300 yards and then turns back south for about 1200 yards, always skirting that sharp drop to the west (your right as you're traveling). You come to another clearing where you're at the top of another majestic waterfall. It falls to the northwest with a stream flowing out of the clearing in that direction. From your vantage point, you can see the large lake that you left yesterday so you can surmise it probably feeds into that. You can see another trail leading out of this clearing to the west, although it's at the foot of the waterfall.

I

Istanbul

"Does this place seem...I don't know, oddly *deserted* to anyone else?"

P

Prince RXI

"Aniya... This place seems too desolate... Almost as if we ar the first to step here in a long time..."

RXI searches to see if there are any animals near by.