RPG: Horror on the Hill

R

rkoelsch

"That was intense. May I suggest we stay together from now on."

Bring out my magic books and study my spells

I

Istanbul

Screw that. Lathos speeds the 'natural healing process' with a full complement of Cure Light Wounds, followed by another if necessary, then another. What would take a week and a half should take no more than two days, maybe three.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Thanks to the divine intervention of Lathos' god, everyone is healed and rested after 2 more days. Of course, that makes it 4 days total that you have been on The Hill and half of your rations are gone...

All the while, groups of the humanoids keep coming and going. When Morglum gets a sight of the smaller ones, he almost gives your position away by growling "Goblins!" and makes for an attack. Fortunately, this was during the second day and he wasn't quite ready to move yet; he toppled over from light-headiness. Nychus and Lathos quickly pull him back and manage to convince him that waiting and scouting was much better at this point than charging into combat with every group. Morglum assented, but only when they promised he'd get his fill of combat later.

So it is now the beginning of the 5th day that you are on The Hill.

R

rkoelsch

I lie in wait watching for Goblins, if I see a small group(3 or 4) I will attempt to sleep them and tie them up and carry them off the trail for questioning

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
** How long are you waiting? If you don't say otherwise and no one else says what they're doing by tomorrow, I'll assume a whole day **

D

Daggertooth

*I'll wait untill everyone feels good enough to move one. I think I'll sleep now though*

"Yawn"

Daggertooth

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Unfortunately, none of the groups are small enough to be "captured". The smallest is about 6, with always at least one of the human sized creatures with the goblins, and the most is a dozen, with most groups ranging 8-10.

Morglum get pretty antsy by the end of the day. "C'mon, let's bash some heads! Enough of the waiting! The world ain't gonna miss a few of this scum!"

I

Istanbul

"I strongly recommend that we set up an ambush, perhaps with those of us able to wield missile weapons attacking from the trees; in this way, we can get a jump on one of the groups of goblins, perhaps even defeating them outright before they can retaliate."

P

Prince RXI

"I think your as cracked as a dead tree after the the raining season. Who here speaks the language of goblins? If anyone of you does, then kindly ask for directions and if there is some sort of town nearby that we could stock up in. Back in the Forest where I come from, we would be generous and help a wandering band... as long as they were friendly and hadn't seen The Circle yet. Maybe here goblins are different then where you come from... maybe..."

D

Daggertooth

*As I start to climb a stratigicly decent tree.*

"Sure RXI, lets just talk to them, just like the last time. You remember last time right? When they tried to kill us?"

"I say ambush them."

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
He growls, "I speak Goblin, but ain't no use talking to 'em. The only good gobbie is a dead gobbie. The only thing that is slightly worrisome is that there seems to be a lot of them, and if we kill a group they might be missed."

Nychus, these trees are huge: 60-80 feet tall. You sure you want to attempt it?

Note: if I haven't mentioned it before, there isn't a constant time that these groups are coming and going. They just seem to... come and go at irregular times. They do only come about 3 times a day at most, and usually only twice, "sometime in the morning and sometime in the evening", although that's not a sure thing. Point is, you cannot predict when they're coming and going.

D

Daggertooth

*I stare at the 60ft minimum height.*

"Um...weren't those only 20ft tall? :eek: "
*I change my mind. :) *

"This waiting is getting bothersome, I'm with morglum, lets killem. Maby "coax" one of them to give us some info."

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Growing impatient with the wait, Morglum decides to investigate and explore the east path after a group passes by. He returns in about an hour.

"The path leads to some broken down wall. I looked past it and there seems to be some unnatural arrangement of wild growth beyond; trees and vines growing kinda 'funny'. It looked pretty big and I didn't want to get caught alone so I came to get you guys."