RPG Chapter 5: The Master's Back Door

E

EricBess

"Once again, so much for the diplomatic approach. Time to fight fire with fire."

Remembering what happened last time, I point both hands at the base of the creature's eyestock and say "Del'Feylo". I then prepare to jump to the side.

R

Rando

***To EricBess -
I edited my last post, and don't know if you saw it before you posted. You may want to review it and change your actions. Just checking...***

E

EricBess

*** I guess there is no sense aiming for the eyestock anymore, but the rest of the post is okay.

R

rkoelsch

Run over to the statue of Nychus pick it up and place it in my bag.

R

Rando

To all players -

The beam of fire leaps from Jaspar's ring and strikes the beast. A hole is burned in it's putrid flesh and it reals from the blow. Now in a frenzy, it lashes out blindly at all around it.

Archway and the 2 dwarves hack at the monster, causing terrible wounds, but the beast does not relent. One of it's tenticles grabs Thedlyn! The monster raises him into the air and then dashes him to the rocky ground like a rag doll. Thedlyn is motionless as his body slides to the shore, a smeared trail of blood behind him.

Steven throws his hatchet at the creature, burying it deep, and then runs to Thedlyn.

Archway and Dorgath continue to fight the beast...

R

rkoelsch

Point my staff and fire another bolt at it. I move to the left after firing and set up to fire one more.

E

EricBess

"Back off everyone. The thing has been wounded. We can finish it off from a distance."

R

Rando

To all players -
"Agreed" shouts Archway, as he takes one more hack and then withdraws with Dorgath.

More magical bolts fly from the mages and from Jaspars ring.

The monster thrashes out and roars, but eventually slumps to the ground, utters one more growl, and dies.

Archway moves to the body and hacks away until there is only a pile of chopped meat and gore. "Just being safe.", Archway says.

E

EricBess

"Yes, we've noticed that about you."

I check on the dwarf and Nychus.

R

Rando

To Roland -
You pick up the statue. It is obviously Nychus, frozen in the same position he was in when the monster's eye-ray took effect; sort of a half shocked, half angry expresion as he reaches for another arrow.

It is some sort of shiney, black stone, and is quite heavy.

To Jaspar -
You reach Thedlyn and find Stephen kneeling over him. Stephen looks up at you as you approach. "He is dead." says Stephen. "There was nothing that could be done for him. He's body was broken in every way."

In deed, the corpse is not a pretty sight. He is twisted and mangled from the force of being thrown to the rock floor so harshly.

E

EricBess

Controlling anger, "His will be the first name sung when tales of this adventure are told throughout the years. The name of Nychus will be sung in the same sentence if we cannot reverse this curse upon him"

S

sageridder

"Thedlyn died a noble death,fighting to save his people.He will be remembered as a hero.The ray that struck Nychus came from the eye.Maybe we could try to focus our magics through the eye to reverse the effect?If it has not been chopped to bits that is."
***Sorry first chance to get on today.I start to look through the pile of gore to see if I can find the eye.***

R

Rando

To Zilore -
The eye is skewered by Nychus' last arrow. Alas, it is ruined.

To all players -
Archway says, "I will not abandon the body of such a noble warrior. What shall we do with Thedlyn's remains before we continue?"

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
* I grieve in silence for my fallen brother *

"I am not sure of the ways of his people, but it was our custom to either build a stone crypt or pyre. Since it appears we have none of the materials available, I suggest burying him in the beach with hopes of retrieving him later for proper burial.

"I have not seen such a creature from the underground before. As such, I do not know if it is a natural underground dweller or one that has been "placed" here by our foes. We will need to keep our wits about us."

S

sageridder

"The creature had tentacles,but was on land.Maybe the thing sucked the liquid out of nychus.I don't know if it would work,but maybe if we put him in the shallows of the lake it would rejuvenate him.Do you guys thinks it's worth a try?"

R

rkoelsch

"I think burying Thedlyn til our return would be proper. I also think Zilore's idea is worth a try."

I take the Nychus statue,if I can lift it being not overly strong, to the lake and try submersing it

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
"Sure, why not. I personally think the creature had one of those effects like the legendary Medusae, but it probably wouldn't hurt."

R

Rando

To Roland -
You put the statue in the water. Unfortunatly, the only thing that is now different is that it is wet.

To all players -
Archway says, "We could bust apart one of these boats to make a pyre for Thedlyn, or just set him out on the water and set the boat alight." He pauses for a moment. "We may regret that later, though."

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
"Aye, I say we just bury him and come back later to retrieve his remains. Who knows, we might find one of his kin that we can hand them over to."

I move up to the cave entrance and peer inside.

E

EricBess

"I've heard of a great healer living in a nearby town that is said to have the ability to restore those turned to stone by the Medusa. Perhaps this healer will be able to help our friend here. I'm afraid the journey would be well out of our way, however, and will need to wait until the dragon has been dealt with."