RPG Chapter 5: The Master's Back Door

S

sageridder

"Agreed."
***How much light do we have here?Is there a draft coming through the tunnel,and if so from in front or from behind us.I just want to cover our scent if necessary.***

R

rkoelsch

"Okay then let this be our order, unless someone objects."

Dorgath
Zilore
Jasper
Stephen
Roland
Archway

E

EricBess

**** Grrr... I acidently got unsubscribed to the thread. I just assumed this was one of those slow days. I won't be around for the rest of the day, but the marching order looks fine.

R

Rando

To All players -

**sorry about yesterday, bad day at work...**

There is a slight draft of fresh air comming down the tunnell. There is no light though.

As you make your way down this thin and winding passage, you eventually come to a 12 feet long iron ladder that goes up. You see a ring of light, about 3 feet in width, at the top of the ladder.

S

sageridder

***speaking in hushed tones.***
"Well The beastie must have a guardian since there's no way it could fit through there.If it was a guard we are probally getting close."

R

Rando

To Dorgath -

At the top of the ladder, you find there is a round plank of wood covering a hole. You can smell the fresh air and hear birds singing.

(are you lifting the plank?)

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
* Is it like a manhole cover then? Maybe someone would like to check to see if there's traps or something... So no, I'm not lifting it yet. *

E

EricBess

"The creature must have been raised down there or magicked. It was too large to have wandered in from the other end also.

"If someone else can check this grate for traps, I can go first and provide some cover in case it is guarded. Be ready to all climb quickly, though, as we'll only have about a minute."

R

rkoelsch

"there seems to be many problems with the size of things. How did the Dragon get to the original chamber to char that unfortunate traveller? I am ready to go up."

S

sageridder

"You're right.Hmmm I wonder if the lake has a underwater passage that it might be using to get in and out.Unless someone else cares to try I will see if the plank is rigged on this side.But even if it isn't I would suggest whoever opens it should use their sword or something,who knows what awaits on top. "

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
"My hands are almost as hard as steel, so after someone checks it for traps and declares it okay, I can still open it. That way I can lead off while you guys with the weapons won't be caught flat-footed.

"Although I still would want to cautiously slide it to the side and poke out my head, rather than come flying out."

S

sageridder

***unless someone objects I check it for traps.***
"If someone has a hand mirror you could use that to see what's topside without exposing your noggin."

R

rkoelsch

"It sounds as if we are coming to an outside area and not another cave so the stealthy approach may be wisest"

R

Rando

To Zilore -

You find no traps.

To Dorgath -

You cautiously move the plank to the side and poke your head out.

You see that the ladder leads up into a thin, rockey ravine. There is a sloped path leading in both directions, and trees up on the banks, which are at least 15 feet high (the banks, that is). You see no guards, or indeed, no signs of life at all.

You also see that the plank you moved has been cleverly carved and painted to look like the rockey ground it sits on.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
No signs of life? Did the birds stop singing?

"Hey guys, it looks safe. Come on up."

I keep a watchout while they climb up.

E

EricBess

I go up first and keep an eye open, ready to set up a diversion in case anyone comes by.

S

sageridder

***I will head up last,standing guard as the others climb.***
"I wonder if "Da boss"is up there somewhere or if we missed him down here somewhere?We certainly found none of the "shineys" the orger brothers talked about."

***Had we gone all the way to the end of the tunnel when we reached the ladder, or does it continue past the ladder?***