RPG Chapter 5: The Master's Back Door

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
* It does seem strange. Maybe there's some secret doors back in the tunnel? Or this is really an "indoor park"? Perhaps we should go back along the tunnel and check. *

R

Rando

To all players -

Well? Are you continuing up the ladder into the ravine, or going back to further explore the tunnell?

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
* Well, I'm curious about this so I'll go back and use my dwarven skills to discern if they are any secret doors in the passage. *

R

rkoelsch

"I guess we will wait til the boys are satisfied. I am going to take a little break."
I take out the vial and my traveling book of lore to see if I can classify it.

E

EricBess

"Alright, but I suggest nobody go too far"

Everything appears to be in the clear topside. I see if Stephen wants to come with me and explore a bit up there while a few wait and a few go back to explore the tunnel.

R

Rando

To Dorgath -
After searching down the tunnel a bit, you do come across a stone panel clevely hidden in the cavern passage.

To Jaspar -
Stephen says, "Sure, I'd like to spend some time in the day light after being cooped up down there for so long. Shall we go up the slope or down the slope?"

To Roland -
By the color and thickness of the liquid in the vial, you identify it as a lotion used to rub into the skin to withstand fire. The vial has only one dose.

E

EricBess

We'll go up, staying close enough to call to or hear a call from those still underground.

R

rkoelsch

I stay at the ladder going into the tunnel. I try an observe Archway unobtrusively.

R

Rando

To Jaspar -

You and Stephen make your way up the slope.
As you travel, the banks become higher and the trees bend inward, almost creating a tunnel in it'self. Up ahead, you see a opening in this "tunnel" into a small area of flat land. The flat portion is in front of a large cave set in a cliff face. You are obviously deep in the Brekfol mountains, now.

To your amazement, you see the little man known as Naren crouching at the mouth of this ravine-trail. He motions to you and whispers harshly, "Come here, quickly! There's not much time."

E

EricBess

I look at Stephen and shrug. Prepared to make a quick getaway, we'll head down to see what is going on.

R

Rando

To Jaspar -
Naren says, "See that cave beyond the clearing just ahead? That is the beast's lair. I scouted ahead whan the ogres came through the mine area and have been waiting here for hours. The Wurm is no where around at the moment, but it may return at any time. Let's get in there and prepare an ambush while there is still time."

Naren begins to stand and make for the clearing.

S

sageridder

***Being at the bottom of the ladder I would have gone with
Dorgath when he went to explore.I gotta learn to time my posts better.:)*** "What do you think that is?"

R

rkoelsch

Trying to make myself heard but not being overly loud, I speak down the tunnel, "Jasper and Stephen have disappeared from sight."

What is Archway doing?

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
** geez, a whole flurry of excitement in the last hour. Whazzup wid dat? :) **

"Zilore, check this out. Good thing we searched down here. Can you see it's trapped or anything?"

R

Rando

To Zilore and Dorgath -
It appears to be a slab of stone set into a square hole in the passage wall, about 2x2 feet. There so not appear to be any traps.

To Roland -
Archway is pacing back and forth at the topside, muttering to himself and glancing up the slope now and again.

E

EricBess

I pull Stephen aside, "Stephen, there's something going on between Archway and Naren. Normally, I would have said I trusted Naren more, but his suddenly appearing like this has me a bit suspicious. Go let the others know what is going on. I've a few tricks up my sleeve and should be able to hold my own if things get out of hand." I hope I sound more confident than I feel.

I head to the clearing, staying a couple of steps back from Naren and ready for action should the need arise.

R

rkoelsch

** this is as good a time for a bath as any. I unstopper the vial and start rubbing it into my skin. Sorry guys but everyone for themselves.

R

Rando

To Roland -
You get a cool, tingly sensation.

To Jaspar -
Naren turns and sees Stephen heading the other way. "No, Stephen! You must come with me! There's no time to go and get the others!"

E

EricBess

"He's not a fighter Naren. He would be useless to us in there." I watch Naren closely. At the first sign of a hostile move, I have a pellit ready to cover Stephen's escape.

R

Rando

To Jaspar -
The most amazing thing occurs before you.

Naren darts past you with a lightning-quick spead that goes far beyond his aging apearence.

In one deft move he drops to all fours as his neck streches out and a tail sprouts from the base of his back. The cloathing he has on melts away into a glistening hide of green-grey scales and an underbelly the color of bleached bone.

He rises up on his now clawed hind legs and doubles in height! The horns that have apeared on his head are jet black and set at an angle above his gleaming yellow eyes.

All in a brief second, the little man you called Naren has become a monsterous wurm, the body of which is the size of a large draft horse, the neck 15 feet long, the tail 20, and each wing spanning 25 feet.

He leaps into the air and glides to the mouth of the ravine.

You see Stephen running at a sprint, looking behind him with a look of overpowering terror.

The beast roars, and lets loose with a glut of flame from it's mouth...

To Roland -
Up the slope of the ravine, you hear a deafening roar that can not be mistaken. Archway draws his sword and gives you a look of suprise. "It seems the beast has found us before we found it!" Archway takes off up the ravine, towards the noise.