RPG Chapter 5: The Master's Back Door

S

sageridder

"Well at least there is hope for him then.I think burial for Thedlyn would be best.Dorgath perhaps there is a dwarven prayer you could say?Someone should probably stand guard at the caves mouth while we bury him."

***Whispers to Thedlyn*** "Good travels friend."

***Unless someone objects,I start to dig a shallow grave.Preferably near a large rock or some other easy to identify object incase the family wants to remove him to some family plot or burn him on a pyre.***

E

EricBess

I assist with the digging and chant an old funeral dirge. Out of respect for the dead, I don't sing the dwarven funeral song that I'm familiar with, which should only be sung by the dwarves themselves.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
After I check out the cave entrance, I return and say the dwarven funeral dirge from my clan that honors fallen heros.

R

Rando

To Doargath -
The cave is very wide-mouthed, but seems to taper off into a thin tunnel about 30 or 40 feet back. You could not hear or smell or see anything that you would consider "strange". But, there is a pile of refuse just inside the mouth of the cave. It seems to mostly be the monster's own filth, but there's something shiney in there.

**To all players -
I'm impressed with the dialouge and role-playing in this game. Good stuff.**

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
After the funeral, I tell the others of some shiny thing in the refuse pile and get an oar so I can poke it out.

R

rkoelsch

I say a little prayer, feeling a little guilty but mainly relieved that it wasn't me.

" You know, you can really find some interesting things in monster s***. They swallow some really strange stuff without a care in the world. I guess they figure anything that goes in is good for ya."

I get out a pair of gloves that I carry for such occasions. they go up to the elbow. After putting them on I will see what I can do to help.

E

EricBess

"You hear that Stephen? He carries gloves for just such an occasion. Every good epic has a bit of comic relief thrown in..."

R

Rando

To Jaspar -
Stephen says, "I was just about to ask what sort of occasions like this he has had before."**ha ha**

To Dorgath and Roland -
You poke through the filth (not a enviable task) and see that the shiney thing is a necklace. It is on a silver chain, and the amulet attached is in the shape of a claw, fashioned of some kind of strange, sparkely red metal. It is quite filthy.

You also see in the pile a vile of liquid, corked and sealed with wax. In the dark, and since it is dirty, you can not tell what fashion of liquid it is.

R

rkoelsch

** Rando, I believe you meant vial but maybe not considering the circumstances.

" I will have you know that I am a collector travelling the world looking for oddities. As the wise man says,'One man's trash is another man's treasure'."

Are there any magic emanations coming from either item. I use some water and a rag to clean them.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
"Does anyone recognize any significance to the claw design in the necklace? I certainly don't..."

* I'll keep watch at the entrance with a half-eye on what's going on with the loot."

R

Rando

To Roland -
(Yes, it is a vile vial.)
Both items radiate magic.

To Dorgath -
Archway takes a look at the amulet. "That is the sign of Rathorn, a fellow dragon slayer I used to work with. It would seem that he did not get passed this beast."

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
"It seems strange that the amulet would have survived the stone turning. Perhaps he was killed elsewhere and his remains were "fed" to the beast? But then whoever killed him should have taken the amulet... have you seen him "use" the amulet? Any idea of its powers?"

R

rkoelsch

After cleaning the vial I stick it in my bag wrapped in the rag.

R

Rando

To Dorgath -
Archway says, "He always claimed that it protected him from a dragon's fire. And come to think of it, I never once saw him even singed. As for the amulet surviving him being turned to stone, perhaps he was simply overpowered and eaten by the thing? Or suprised in the cave? I don't know. Are we ready to continue?"

S

sageridder

***Whispers to jaspar.***
"Seems his lack of compassion is only overshadowed by his arrogance."

"We should be carful for tripwires and the like,a better place for an ambush I cannot think of."

***As we advance I will be looking for concealed traps and doors.***

R

Rando

To all players -

The tunnel get's thin, so you can only walk single file. I'll need to know the marching order.

R

rkoelsch

"Dorgath, not trying to be insensitive, I think you should lead followed by either Jasper or Myself. We could fire over you. Thinking on it, I think Jasper should be second followed by Zilore, Stephen, Myself and then Archway to protect the most likely ambush approach."