%
^
&
(
)
_
+

To all players -

Dorgath returns to the rest of the party with his report of what was down the smaller passage. Archway speaks, "Well, do we have anyone here that could study the door for traps or curses before we try and bash it down? I don't want to see our quest end here in such dishonor"

R

rkoelsch

"unfortunately, I have always had trouble with doors." I move towards the back of the group to make way for the more muscular.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
"Ditto. Usually we don't have door in mines."

What size is the hand? Any good in helping to identify the race?

R

Rando

To Dorgath -
The hand is too long and thin to be Dwarven. It's not very slight either, so that leaves out elven. You figure that it's most likely human. Upon better examiniaton of the apendage, you also see that it has a brass ring on the middle finger, and that it is a left hand.

S

sageridder

"I have "some" experience with locks unless we have someone with better abilities I will give it a try"
.***Unless someone else wants to try.I'm still keeping my eye on archway.I want too listen at the door,look for any traps I can see,and look to see if I can see into the room beyond through the keyhole before trying the lock.If I can be at an angle to better use the cavern wall to protect myself from a potential blast I will.If no one has taken the ring,I will inspect it incase attached to a tripwire or the like and if it looks safe I will take it.***

R

rkoelsch

** whilst whiling away the hours waiting for someone to try the door, I am going to do an inventory check to see if anything besides Narren is missing.

R

Rando

**To all involved**
**I'm going to wait until all of the remaining active players check in before I continue, if you don't mind...**

R

rkoelsch

** but I was having a really bad day and this was the only bright spot.

sticking my hands in both pockets, I kick a small stone down the tunnel,"well okay i guess"

E

EricBess

*** Hey, don't wait on my account ***

Jaspar nods his agreement.

R

Rando

**That only leaves Daggertooth, aka Nychus. Good enough.**

To Zilore -
You examine the door.

You find no evidence of traps, either on the door or atached to the skeletal hand. The ring easily slides off the bone. It is plain, and suprisingly free of scraches or tarnish. Inside the ring is inscribed "Del'Feylo". You have never heared this word before, and do not know what language it could come from.

You see nothing through the key-hole but darkness, and the pull-ring is encrusted with mildew and dust. The wood is wet and rotting, and the iron bands on the door are rusted.

Strangely enough, the hinges, which are on your side of the door since it opens towards you, are well oiled and rust free.

You see no trace of foot-prints in the dust and mold on the ground except for Dorgath's.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
"So we've got a rotting door with excellent hinges? Hmm... mighty suspicious if you ask me. I'm ready for anything (and willing to pull the door if no one else wants to)."

R

rkoelsch

**Rando did I finish my inventory. Do I find anything missing?

"I can think of only 2 reasons for the contradictory maintenance on the door.
1. The Door is a trap that swings when touch to crush anyone in front of it against the wall
b. Some one has been using this door to enter and exit unseen."

S

sageridder

"Jaspar,tell me bard does this mean anything to you?"
***I toss the ring to him.I pull out a fairly basic set of picks.***
"You might want to stand back a bit this is not one of my best skills."

***OK time to roll that twenty sider***

***With my back to the group,I close my eyes for a second and and pray that master zu is watching over me somewhere and will guide my hand.I try to pick the lock.***

R

Rando

Who is at the door and who is back in the main cavern? I'll assume that at least Jaspar and Zilore are, considering thier actions at the door and with the ring.

To Zilore -
Your picks twist and pry within the lock. While down close to the key-hole, you can smell that the lock is well oiled, perhaps recently. After a few frustrating moments, your tools find home and the pins inside the lock fall into place. You feel the lock mechanisim turn as...

To Jaspar -
At the utterance of the word "Del'Feylo" as you hold the ring, a bolt of blue fire leaps forward from your hands and strikes Zilore in the back, just as he had the lock picked! The force of the blow knocks him harshly against the door and sets a small patch of cloth on his back ablaze!

To Zilore -
That hurt, and you can feel that you are on fire!

S

sageridder

"holy @#$%^&*@#%"
***I fall to the floor and roll to my back to try to smother it.***

R

rkoelsch

" We are a bright group are we not?"

Move over to Zilore with a water flask keeping an eye on the door.

E

EricBess

***OOps.

I rush to make sure that Zilore is alive and okay (if in pain). "Well, that was productive. We get the door open and find out what this ring does all at once. Nychus, I think we may need some of those herbs of yours."

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
<stifles a chuckle>

While everyone's taking care of Zilore, I'll keep guard at the now opened door in case anything pops out.