RPG Chapter 5: The Master's Back Door

Discussion in 'General Gaming' started by Rando, May 16, 2001.

  1. Spiderman CPA Man in Tights, Dopey Administrative Assistant

    "I don't think it was blocking the passageway but it was taking up a good portion of it. I doubt we can get by without disturbing it."
  2. EricBess Active Member

    "Without knowing how fast this thing is, trying to sneak past would be too dangerous. We could try to lure or scare it out."
  3. Daggertooth The Rune Master

    I don't want to sound cruel, but we could injure it. All wild animals I have encounterd, when injured slightly, retreated to the safety of it's den. We can assume that it's den is somewhere secluded. As long as we don't injure it beyond it being able to escape.

    One or two arrows in a tentacle aut to do it. Killing it strait out might actualy be the safest way to do things.
  4. sageridder Legendary Cpa Member

    ***When we hit the beach I don my hooded cloak.***

    "If this creature dwells in this midnight pitch,it's likely it can see,hear,or smell us.If it can and didn't attack it might not be hostile.Maybe we could try to try to talk to it,or at least try to fool it into thinking we are Blethos and Kreb.If it is just a monster I suggest we go for the heat,since it has tenticals.Anyone with a fire spell or maybe jaspar's ring hopefully it want to head for the water
    to extinguish itself giving us an opportunity to slip past."
  5. Rando Freaky Bear

    To all players -

    Archway says, "We must do something. We can not turn back now after coming this far."

    Stephen says, "Perhaps baiting it out into the open to better get a look at it is the way to go."

    Thedlyn says, "I'm afraid I think that a horrible idea."

    Archway says, "Humph!"
  6. Daggertooth The Rune Master

    I could set one of my arrows on fire. It's not magical, but it still is fire. Is should be enough to scare it.

    Nychus takes some of the alcohal soaked rags covering his unused torch (the torch he was saving in case all other options of light were gone) and wraps it around a normal arrow. He then waits to see what everyone thinks about that plan.
  7. Spiderman CPA Man in Tights, Dopey Administrative Assistant

    "I think we should attempt to communicate with it and try to bluff our way past, like we almost did with the ogres. Then if things get violent, we can go that route."
  8. rkoelsch Angel Boy

    "It hasn't mad any aggressions towards us so far. I say we advance as far as we can until we find something besides tenetacles to deal with. If we have trouble with some tentacles, what are we going to do when we find the Dragon?"
  9. EricBess Active Member

    "I agree with Roland and Dorgath. This creature may not be intelligent, but if it is, we should be able to reason our way past it. Nychus, there is a good chance this beast is here strictly as a guard, so have those arrows ready. Someone should be here to help him light them so he can respond faster. Who's with me?"

    I get ready to head off toward the cavern.


    *** I may not be working from home today, so there is a chance I may not be able to post too much. As long as it is reasonable, I give Spidey permission to control my character enough to keep him alive ;)
  10. Spiderman CPA Man in Tights, Dopey Administrative Assistant

    * Heh, well, it's only for today until 5:30, which is when I'm off from work. In return, since I'm off tomorrow and won't be on, you can control Dorgath tomorrow :) *

    I too get ready to confront the beast and am prepared to be the first to greet it if no one else would like to.
  11. rkoelsch Angel Boy

    "Let's go" I have my staff at ready.
  12. EricBess Active Member

    Okay, it looks like the three of us then. That's enough for me. I start heading for the cavern.

    *** I'm still here for another 15 minutes at least.
  13. Daggertooth The Rune Master

    *I'll be here as often as I can sneek away from my work.*


    I stay a good distance behind eveyone so I can have good range with my arrows.
  14. sageridder Legendary Cpa Member

    "I'll take up a position down the beach."
    *** Keeping the advancing party in sight if possible,I move laterally down the beach to get a better vantage point on the mouth of the cave.I will take advantage of any cover from boulders or stalagmites,etc.. along the way.***
  15. Spiderman CPA Man in Tights, Dopey Administrative Assistant

    As we march towards the door I'm wondering why Zilore isn't following...

    * Unless I'm mistaken, we have to go away from the beach to the cave mouth. See the third(?) page of the thread for Rando's map. I was only able to see the creature when I was 10 feet away from the door and the cave was about 50 feet away, so we're going to be at least 40 feet away from the beach before we see it. I'm not sure how far our light sources are working, but Zilore might want to tag along with Nychus ;) *
  16. rkoelsch Angel Boy

    Is the Glowing Ball of light still there?
    If not I bring out my Globe
  17. Rando Freaky Bear

    To all players -

    Archway says, "At last, a course of action!" He draws his sword and begins to advance. Thedlyn hefts his axe and strides boldly beside him. Stephen, with only a hatchet for defense, stays to the rear.

    With the glowing orb of light hovering above your group, you all advance on the cave. As you near it, you all hear a low growling noise. Soon, the light of the orb strikes the caves entrance. You see a bulbous, green-grey body with 2 thick tenticles on each side.
    In the center of it's mass is a round maw lined with row after row of jaged, hooked teeth. A single eye-stalk pokes from the beasts body, darting around in all directions.
    The cave is at least 15 feet wide, and this hideous creature fills the opening.

    It makes no indication that it is moving out of the cave entrance.
  18. rkoelsch Angel Boy

    ** I don't feel like talking
    I aim my staff at the eye and fire a bolt at it.
  19. Daggertooth The Rune Master

    That things a bit too confident if you ask me. Every animal I've encountered would run at the sight of us. How thick do you think that hide is?
  20. Rando Freaky Bear

    To all players -

    Archway screems out a loud battle-cry and rushes up the beach, followed by Thedlyn and Doergath.

    The ray form Roland's staff strikes the creature, sending chunks of floppy flesh and vile pus and icor flying.

    The beast howls and flails it's tenticles, and begins to drag it's ponderous bulk out of the cave and onto the beach.

    Two of Nychus arrows find their mark and sink into the creatures flesh. It roars in pain again and turns it's eye on the archer. A blue ray of crackleing light flys from the glowing eye and envelops Nychus. The brave woodsman freazes in his tracks, his body arching with pain. Nychus manages to get off one more shot, destroying the beast's eye...but it is too late.

    Nychus writhes under the ray, and then there is an explosion of light! When you all recover your sight, Nychus is gone, and a small statue of him, hardly 1 foot in hieght, now sits on the beach.

    The monster continues to slither it's way toward the party. It is blinded and angry now, and thrashes and flails violently.

Share This Page