RPG Chapter 3: Breckfol Bound

R

rkoelsch

Rummage though my sack for the components of a sleeping spell.

S

sageridder

"Well I don't know.Da boss said we didn't need to worry about Kreb,But he bet us that Blethos couldn't even explain how to get to the hidout.But I think the boss might be wrong on that I heard Blethos was da smart one and could probally explain real good directions to the hideout.What do you think Jaspar Is Blethos da smart one or is it Kreb?"

E

EricBess

*** I jump in quick

"It's the smart ones you have to worry about is what I heard. Blethos couldn't be that smart if he was planning on double crossing the boss. I doubt he could explain the way to the hideout."

S

sageridder

"Tell ya what Jaspar.I'll bet ya this gold piece he can."***I pull out a gold piece.***
"Come on Blethos,I bet your da smart one."

D

Daggertooth

*with a snear*

Nychus raises his bow and points alternatly back and forth between the two. *I'm still on my horse so I have an open shot*

Now da boss hates idiots. They be always double cross'in. I say we ask'em both. If one slips up we kill'im.

E

EricBess

***I just want to make sure it is clear who is where at this point. Based on the previous post, myself and Zilore went off down the path. When we ran into these guys, I introduced myself as Nychus loud enough for him to hear and come with his bow (ranged cover is always good). Since he is now here on horseback, I'm assuming that is what happened and that everyone else is still back preparing for us to arive.

Rando, how close are we? Have they continued walking or are they stopped while we "talk"?

"Now Nychus," ***I'm assuming that if they didn't catch Zilore's slip, they didn't pay much attention to my introduction***, "we're all on the same side here. Just a little friendly wager to see if Blethos here was smart enough to pay attention when the boss what talking to him. I'm sure he's loyal enough you won't be needing the bow. I just don't think he's bright enough to know what's good for him, that's all.", Jaspar digs out a small coin and hands it to Nychus, "here, you hold the wager money."

R

Rando

To all players -
**wonderful dialouge and role-playing folks! Keep it up**

To Jaspar -
The three of you are about 100 feet from the mine shack, and the two ogres are about 15 feet in front of you.
Shack -->100 feet--> you three-->15 feet-->ogres.

To Jaspar, Zilore and Nuchus -

Blethos puffs out his huge cheast, "I ain't double crossin' no one no how! I just was a'talkin' 'bout goin' down in da mine to see the tunnel dat da master uses as a back door, dat's all."

Kreb cuts in, "Yeah. And why don't ya all know the way ta da boss' hide-out if-in yer workin' for 'em too?"

Blethos speaks, "Dat's right Kreb! See, we ain't so dumb as you thinkin' Ughhhh...whats ya bettin' on again?"

To those back at the mine -
**That would be Roland, Dorgath, Taranec, Archway, Anakis and Casnar, right?**

For the first time, you notice that Narren is no where to be found.
You continue to listen and wait. Archway grumbles to himself, "I'm the leader of this party...I should be up there conducting the parlay! Now I'm forced to wait in the weeds..."

D

Daggertooth

I slowly lower my bow with a scowl on my face. I Make it look as if I pose no threat, but I keep the arrow notched. If needs be I can drop the coin and fire the arrow before they cover 3 paces.

You sure? Da boss wouldn't care if he lost an idiot.....or two. *The last phrase was said with a bit of a smile. :)*

S

sageridder

***Shaking my head,I hand the coin to Jaspar.***
"Now now Nychus,That wouldn't be right.You know da boss sent us to see if either one of these two was smart enough to join da bosses secret special treasure guards.Oops didn't mean to tell the secret,sorry guys."
***As I am speaking I am calmly stroking my goatee.***
"Allright I tells ya da truth,da boss sent us from the back door through the cave to check on you.Think about it, as fast and strong as you two are how else would we get here before you,and if we didn't know the way how would we know about the back door.It is a secret ya know.So there it is, we is here to test ya whoever tells the best directions is the smartest,and when we tell the boss the smart one gets to join the secret treasure guards.Da boss gives treasure guards special magics."
***At this point I rather nonchalantly
take the hand that was stroking my beard and flip it towards them palm up pointed to the sky.As i do this a small piont of very bright light appears slowly growing in size till making a ball of light about 4 inches around.The ball rises up untill it is about 15 feet off the ground.***
"Dis is one of the magics da boss gave me It sends out magic fires that burn the meat right off your bones and I can make it burn anybodys I wants.So It's up to you guys which one is the smart one who gets to guards treasures,and which one gets stuck standin around outside while we's havin da fun?"
***Rando you forgot stephen,and did he take the axe or do I still have it.Note this is my first use of my minor power,just so you know what i really am doing.***

C

Cateran Emperor

I remain in hiding, listening for any possible enemy reinforcements. Do I hear or see anything down the road?

R

Rando

**Stephen's location noted. NPC's are the hardest NOT to forget about. Also, as far as I know he still has his own axe. I'll have to go back a review the old posts**

To Taranec -
Do you mean back behind you, going south towards the town? In that case, no. All is quiet...too quiet...

To Nychus, Jaspar and Zilore -

At the words "Secret Tresure Gaurds", Blethos and Kreb both take a non-threatening 2 steps forward and lower thier heads closer to you.

"What be that?" asks Kreb in hushed tones.

"Ya been through da boss' back door? Did'in ya go to his hide-out? Kreb and me ain't allowed in there." says Blethos.

They both then become transfixed by the shiney ball of light hovering in the air. Infact, they seem hypnotized by it. A streamer of spit develops on Blethos chin as he smiles stupidly at the magic trick.

Meanwhile, back at the mine -

Archway speaks, "This is pointless! I'm going up there to have a look at what is going on." He stands and starts to make his way towards the northern path.

R

rkoelsch

reach out and grab Archway Saying " they seem to be doing okay. Let's give them a little more time. Providence rewards those who are patient. I am sure they are trying to impress you by handling this lowly task themselves"

** wasn't thedlyn helping at the mine. I am not strong enough to pull up a sturdy dwarf. If he was not there, I would have used Elvira.

S

sageridder

"Well fellows the one what tells the best directions is smartest,and then we tell the boss.Then the boss lets ya be a guard of his secret treasure of shineys,and trinkets.If ya do a really good job da boss might even give ya one.We don't have a lot more time so whoever tells the best directions wins.After that we'll go with ya to grab your stuff."
***With this last sentance I smile at Jaspar.***

E

EricBess

"That's right! And remember, we know all of the paths to the hideout so don't try impressing us with a phoney shortcut."

R

Rando

To Jaspar, Nychus and Zilore -

Blethos smiles at you, "Ughh...we best gets our stuff first. It's a long way to the hideout."

He and Kreb then lumber past you towards the mine shack in an awkward but quick shamble.

To everyone else back at the mine -

You hear a crashing coming through the brush, and see the heads of ogres heading your way, coming from the north on the little foot path and moving at a fast pace.

You have all heared the conversation between these two and Zilore, Jaspar and Nychus, so this sight isn't too suprising. But, until now you did not know what exactly it was the others were conversing with.

S

sageridder

***Whispers.***"#$%&*@ it.Jaspar you know we can't follow these guys back to their leader.So what do you think,mow them down here they really aren't to bright maybe one has a map.If the others are hidden and with these two trusting us this might be our best chance.They did say one of the caves is the back door,Do we want to find the front door?If we just let them go we are gonna have this "Leader" after us.So what do you think?"

E

EricBess

Jaspar whispers back, "Perhaps"

***does anyone in the party have a map that we would know about?

S

sageridder

****I think roland dodo said he had books about the area when he said he was looking for a temple.Naren might have had something but I'm not sure if he is still playing.***