RPG Chapter 3: Breckfol Bound

D

Daggertooth

*Quietly and Eagerly*
"Think quickly now my friends. Before they get to far. Just say the word and the big one falls with an arrow in its back. The other one will be dead before the first corps hits the ground. ;) )

E

EricBess

Before we get too close to the others, Jaspar says, "You know Zilore, didn't the boss say something the wurm having a taste for ogre flesh?" giving that enough time to sink in, he continues, loudly enough for the others to hear, "hey, weren't you using your mapbook back at the hut. We need to make sure that you don't leave that behind. Too bad these two are illiterate, if they could point out the hideout on the map, we'd know which one was smarter and we could use the back door instead of traveling through the wurms new hunting grounds."

R

rkoelsch

If Archway stops, I will reach into my bag and pull out the rough sketch I have been working with. It shows major features but not much detail. Place it in the hut and go back to our hiding place.

If Archway continues prepare to cast a sleep spell at the first Orge I see.

R

Rando

To those at the mine -

Archway's eyes grow wide at the site of the ogres heading your way.
"By the gods!" he hisses. "The other 3 must have been slain!" He stands fully and makes to draw his sword.

To Jaspar, Zilore and Nychus -
The ogres are now half way between you and the others. If your going to do something before they reach the mine area, it must be now.

D

Daggertooth

I see Archway ready to fight.

I curse at archway under my breath as I pull up my bow and take dead aim at the big ones vital spot. I hesitate for a few secs to see what Jasper and Zilore are going to do. But if it looks like a confrontation will be imminent I will let the arrow fly.

S

sageridder

***I whisper.***"The time is now."
***I draw both swords,If there is enough room between them I will go between them as I run past them.Trying to cut the ligaments out of the back of their knees as I pass.If the is not enough room to run between,I will run past the one further to the outside of the mine area,Trying to sever the ligaments of the back of the knee as I pass.***

D

Daggertooth

I release my arrow. Hopefully hitting the vital spot that I am aiming for. Assuming I hit my mark I fire another one of my projectiles at Kreb. This time trying to incapacitate, not kill. For farther questioning.

after this I quickly load another arrow and hold to see what my shots have accomplished.

R

Rando

To those at the mine -

The orgres enter the clearing around the mine shack and see Archway standing with sword drawn.

"A trap!" bellows Blethos, and he hefts his club and charges.

Archway raises his sword and grins, eager for a fight.

Suddenly, Zilore performs an amazing feat of agility, running and then sliding between the two ogres, cutting them at the knees.

They both screem horibly as they begin to fall.

Then, Nychus' arrow finds it's mark in the small of Blethos' back, and those of you at the mine see the head of the projectile come through the other side. Blethos is dead before he hits the ground.

Kreb, on the other hand, lashes out wildly at zilore with his club, bashing the elf across the back before Zilore has a chance to recover from his accrobatics.

Kreb then finds and arrow in his shoulder. Unable to walk and his weapon arm wounded, he curls up in the brush and flails his arms wildly to keep any who would mean him harm at bay.

To Zilore -

You fly through the air from the force of Kreb's crushing blow and land at the feet of Archway, who looks down on you with the most astounded expresion. You have the wind knocked out of you, and you may have a broken rib.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
I mutter to Thedlyn, "Man, they didn't need me for this! I could still be down in the shaft, doing something worthwhile..."

I wait to see what else develops before venturing back out in the open.

R

rkoelsch

"Archway, you are an idiot." I say that as I walk up to see how Zilore is doing. "These gents were doing fine, you need to practice a little restraint".

E

EricBess

"Well, that's certainly another approach, isn't it?

"Kreb, it looks like you get to be the smart one after all," I then go to help see if Zilore is okay, "I dare say ten ogres would have had as much hope against that move friend."

D

Daggertooth

I move my horse over Kreb. Arrow pointed at his face. I try to look as cold and unimotional as I can.

"Listen carefuly, you have two choices before you. Either tell us everything we want to know and I'll heal your wounds and let you on your way. Or I can just kill you now.

If your smart you'll avoid the latter."

R

rkoelsch

Seeing that Zilore is okay. I go over to the dwarves and say. "I lose my patience with stupid creatures like ogres so shall we get back to the mine?" I glare at Archway as I walk by.

R

Rando

To Roland -

Archway grabs your arm as you pass him, "If you have a problem, stranger, with the way I command this party, then feel free to leave it!"

He then struts off to see the wounded, flailing Kreb.

Stephen then leans over to you, "Moody lout, isn't he?" he says to you under his breath.
**By the way, I figured that when you saw the ogres cut down you would have aborted your sleep spell. It does not count as a ussage.**

To Dorgath -

Thedlyn says to you, "You are indeed right. The two of us could have navigated and mapped the whole complex that is down there by now."

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Seeing how it appears to be over, I'll go over to Zilore to see how he is before accepting Roland's offer of heading back down into the shaft.

E

EricBess

"Well, that threat is certainly out of the way. At least we know what we are looking for down in that shaft."

*** Is Anakis still around? We could certainly use his services right about now?

R

Rando

To all players -

Archway walks over the ogre, Kreb, and then looks around for Zilore, Jaspar and Nychus. "well, what information was garnared from these brutes?" He then kickes kreb sharpley in the back. Kreb shrieks and goes into a fetal positon. Ogres are seldom brave when injured and out-numbered.

**How many and what players are still active? Those that are not will be abandoned when you move out of this area. We will just pretend that they do not wish to go any further on this quest.**

D

Daggertooth

I glare down at Archway, but keep my arrow pointed at the Ogre.

"They were about to lead us to their leader. They would have given us all the info we needed. But now, thanks to you, we have this nice bloody little interigation to take care of."

*The anger in my voice is obvious*

I then turn towards kreb.

"Now TALK, I haven't got all day, and my string finger is getting tired."

*****Oh, I'm still active.********