RPG Chapter 3: Breckfol Bound

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
I stand at the beginning of each tunnel and look down each one, still holding onto the rope if able.

R

rkoelsch

attempt to crouch down holding onto the rope. Ensure that my staff is at my feet.

E

EricBess

Jaspar heads off to see if he can discover how close the voices are and if they are heading in this direction.

S

sageridder

"Well we might just be in a spot of trouble here.Tell you what I will go with jaspar to see whats comming,But they spoke of a mine so I guess they're headed here.Someone should hide the horses.Tug the rope three times Dorgath should know that means trouble and pull him up.I suggest the rest of you prepare an ambush.Just be carfull the first two tearing back here should be Jaspar and myself."

***With that I head out after Jaspar.***

C

Cateran Emperor

I move back onto the road, and motion the others to any cover. I then try to hide myself.

R

Rando

To Dorgath -
The large tunnel is part of the mine. You can see old carts and tools in heaps, and you can also see support beams.

The small tunnel is naturaly made, as far as you can tell, and there is a bit of fresh air coming down from it.

To Jaspar -

You scout down the path about 100 feet. You then see two large humanoids is rags and skins slowly lumbering down the path, south, towards the mine shack. They are ugly and wart covered, with leathery skin and beadie yellow eyes. One is about 10 feet tall, the other 8 feet. They continue to speak to each other, quite loudly, which explains why you could hear them back at the mine.

"I'm telling ya' Blethos, leave that tunnel alone. Yer too fat to squeeze yer arse into it any way." says the smaller one.

"Shut ya fly-trap, Kreb, I'll do as I please. I haven't seen the boss for days anyway." replies the larger.

To all the others top-side -

There is pleanty of cover here to be found. You hear the deep, strange voices growing closer.

E

EricBess

"Zilore, these guys are minions," Jaspar whispers to his companion, "We may be able to get some information if we play our cards right. Get your Katana ready."

Jaspar then pulls out one of his knives and aims carefully for the weapon arm (I'm assuming they have weapons and that the placement of the weapons indicates a weapon arm) of the one called Blethos. Once they are within range (about 20 feet), I let fly. I then steps onto the path, urging Zilore to do the same."

"Blethos, boss is pretty much everywhere, isn't he?", I speak loud enough that those back at the well can hear me. If they charge, I step back with my knives to let Zilore has as much room as he needs. "I'm Nychus," again loud enough for those back at camp (Daggertooth, you still keeping up?), "boss sent us to keep an eye on you two goofups."

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
"Hey, what's up? There's some stuff down there that might bear further investigation, which I was going to do until you tugged on the rope..."

R

Rando

To Jaspar and Zilore -

Blethos rubs his sore arm and then stoops to pick up the stick that was knocked out of his hand.

He and the other brute exchange looks of confusion, then Blethos speaks, "En, who 'er you then? Da boss never said nothing 'bout any other of his workers in the area. Wad 'ya be checking on us for any how?"

Neither makes any threatening moves, but hey don't look frightened either.

D

Daggertooth

I stands back to give the warriors room. I keep an arrow notched, but I keep the bow lowered as not to seem to threatening. But if they make any threatening gestures I'll raise the bow and fire at the aggressor.

R

rkoelsch

"We heard some voices on the path" I tell Dogarth in hushed tones

** i could do this much better if I didn't have to work for a living

E

EricBess

"Come now, you two been up here this long and you haven't even started down the mine shaft yet?

"As for the boss not mentioning us, are you sure? Think! What were the bosses exact instructions?"

R

rkoelsch

"There's at least 2 of them. Jasper and Zilore have gone ahead and they want us to set up some type of ambush"

Roland grabs his staff and moves closer to the path as quietly as he can.

S

sageridder

***follows Jaspar's lead.Hands on weapon handles.***
"Well da boss says we gotta watch out for sombody gettin too smart and goin after trinkets.And you know what happens to anybody for touchin da bosses stuff,Don't Ya."

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
I'll inform everyone who's still left around the mineshaft what little I found down there, then try to find some cover (tree? behind the shack?) around the shaft.

R

Rando

To those on the path -

The two ogres continue to look confused. Blethos speaks, "'El no we ain't gone down the shaft. Da boss 'ood whoop us good for that. We don't do nothin' that 'ood upset the boss, 'cause..."

Kreb cuts in, "Dat's not what yer were sayin' two minutes ago."

Blethos turns on his smaller companion, "Shut up ya worm. Keep yer own thoughts to yer own self." Blethos turns back to those of you on the path. "'Sides...we're just gettin' some stuff from our camp and heading back up to the boss' hideout to guard."

To those of you back at the mine -

You can all here every word the ogres say, although you can not see them.

R

rkoelsch

I move over to the dwarves and whisper,
"Their camp must be in that shed it looked like it had some occupants a while ago. I could try to put them to sleep, do you think I should try?"