RPG Chapter 3: Breckfol Bound

E

EricBess

"Blethos there was just filling us in on the ancient art of turning staw into gold and was about to continue with the mysteries of how to harness the power of the night stars.

"Kreb here, on the other hand, seems to know his name pretty well," while the words hold sarcasm, Jaspar keeps his tone light and jovial.

"We were hoping to find out where their leader's camp was set up. All we really know is that this shaft provides some sort of back door. If my knowleges serves me correct, dragons often employ the gullible to do their bidding. Regardless, even if their boss isn't the dragon, its a sure thing that they have information camped out this close."

R

rkoelsch

To Archway "You are not my lord and master, I joined a group of Heroes seeking to stop a scourge. I will continue on with that group as long as they will have me."

To Dorgath "Ready when you are."

**To Rando Thanks for stopping that, you must have done this before. Still active til the boss says no.**

S

sageridder

***Sorry no time to get on at work today.ohhh yeah baby hyperactive even!!!****
**as being helped to feet.***"Many thanks friends.Archway sir if I might,I belive this to be a gallant and noble quest.We will fight and die beside you in said quest if need be,but I for one am not here for fame and glory.We sir are not experienced heroes like yourself,please remember this so that hasty actions cannot endanger this band.I say this meaning no disrespect,I just don't want to have to tell the loved ones of any of these men they died unnecessarily."
***I walk over to Kreb,keeping out of club range.***
"Well Kreb,tis your time to choose.Shall you tell us the way,or shall I have my friend roland cover your arse in honey and let the rats pick your bones clean?Quite a slow and painful way to die if you ask me,all alone in the dark place,arms and legs broken as the rats slowly chew your face off.Think wisely on this for this time you only get one chance to tell the way."

B

Bob

I don't have the time to particiapte a lot. I might post once in a while, when you really need healing

R

rkoelsch

I walk over and join the crowd around the Ogre. Hearing Zilore I proceed to look in my bag and bring out a jar.
All the while attempting to keep the smirk off my face.

** Sageridder, go easy on the caffeine. It can't be good for you j/k

R

Rando

To all players -

Kreb continues to writhe and kick out, flailing whenever anyone gets too close. "The master ain't gonna like dis. He won't like it you killed one-a his helpers and hurt de other."

Kreb begins to crawl towards Blethos' body. "My little brother! You mean men lilled my little brother!" He reaches Blethos and cradles his head in his wart covered arms.

"We was just gaurdin' like da boss told us. We was just comin' back fer da food we stashed. We wasn't gonna really go down and through da boss' back door, really...Blethos, my baby brother..." He trails off into sincere, heart-wrenching sobs.

Archway speaks, "What back-door is he babbleing about? And where is that Narren character we met on the road? Everyone is acounted for save him."

Stephen pipes in, "As a child, my brothers and I would play in the abandoned mines in this area. If there are no objections, I'd like to scurry down there to see if perhaps this is one of them. I may recall my way through." He strokes his red, full beared as he awaits a response.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
"Well, I can tell you what I found down there before being hauled back to the surface (for no reason, I mutter). There's two tunnels, one sloping down and one sloping up with the up one looking "used". I was going to investigate further before this fracas."

R

rkoelsch

"I think we should get back to the mine. I will leave the fate of the Ogre to the more than capable warriors. Hopefully we can maintain some level of surprise.

S

sageridder

"Be warned Dorgath,The orgers claimed one of the caves below
to be a backdoor to his master's hideout.We had better decide what to do with these two,no telling who or what will come to check for them when they don't show up to guard duty."

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
"Maybe we ought to set a guard or warning system here first if we all go down the shaft. Although it is a "backdoor", which usually means "escape route", meaning it's not seeing a lot of usage... "

D

Daggertooth

"I've never killed a family before." I say sadly. "I just never thought about it."

*sigh* "I guess we gotta kill him any way, since he'd just go warn his boss. What a waste."

"I'm gonna take a quick break to eat. I'll be back to take watch soon."

Nychus ties his horse up at the shack, Grabs his provisions and starts to eat.

R

Rando

To all players -

Archway speaks, "Well now, What to do next? After some thought it is rather rude of me to think that I am your commander since you have all come along on your own will. Let us vote on the next corse of action."

Stephen then says, "In that case, I say we check out the mine. If it leads nowhere, we come back up and continue north. The question is, do we send only a couple of us down, or do we go together?"

Meanwhile, Kreb continues to cry over his brother's cooling corpse. He also is slowly bleeding to death.

R

rkoelsch

"Very Magnimous of you, Archway, the sign of a true leader."

"I think we need to do something with the Orges. I can put them to sleep if we are not going to kill them but they need to be off the path no matter what we do."

S

sageridder

"Aye archway well said.Roland your heart is large indeed my friend,But as Nychus said tis truly a family.If one was to kill your brother would you not be obliged to track them to the worlds ends and exact your revenge.So to a vote we'll put it, I suggest Half go down the rest of us stay to take care of this situation hide the horses and cover all evidence of this.Altho before anyone goes anywhere we should find out if either of these two has a map on them or anything else that could be of use"
***Pulling out the bandit leaders axe.***
"This ugly weapon of death should be appropriate to this grizzly task.I would prefer to end this with one strike rather than prolonging the suffering."
***I will wait to see what the rest want to do.If no one disagrees and no one offers another plan,I will try to lop of his head in one clean strike.***

D

Daggertooth

"Tis sad really, we have no choice but to kill him. He knows too much about us and he will no doubt want revenge."

"As for the caves, I vote half stay up here. For the reasons Zilore mentiond, and my own. Caves arn't ment for archers. I am a swords man, and can handle myself quite well down there if that is the choice. But I'd rather stay where a good clean shot is possible."

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
"If and when we are done getting information from the ogre, do as you will with him. I'm ready to go back down the shaft when everyone else is ready.

R

Rando

To all players -

Kreb continues to grovel, "I don't know his name, he never told us. We just met 'em in da mountains and he gave us gold to guard the path. But he said to never go through the mines, er else we'd get a whoopin'. 'Cause, casue, cause...cause that was'in his back door and we wer'nt allowed in there."

Archway speaks. "And now for my vote. I say we all clean things up around here and then all head down. I suspect that the mines lead to his boss' lair, who ever that may be. And as someone said, it may be the wurm we search for. If we all go down together, it will save us from having to back-track to retrieve the rest of the party that stays behind. This day is already half gone, and we have lots of travel left before us."

R

rkoelsch

"Unfortunately I have to agree with Archway, if we are going to check the mine I think we should stay together. Only by working as a team can we hope to overcome a dragon."

I try to get Jasper and Dorgath off to one side. In hushed tones so as not to be heard by Archway," I had heard rumors of dragons that could shapeshift into human form. Do you think this Naren could have been the dragon?"