RPG Chapter 3: Breckfol Bound

R

Rando

**Warning**
*!!DO NOT PROCEDE UNTIL YOU HAVE FINISHED CHAPTER 2!!*

To all players -

You all awaken in the morning to the sound of a light rain pelting the rooftop.

You find Archway and Thedlyn in the kithen, gathering food for a breckfast and discussing the path to take on today's leg of the journey.

"Plenty of food for us all here," says Archway, "No need for us to dip into our own provisions."

"A shame that rains had to return so soon." says Thedlyn. "It will make the trip north less plesant."

E

EricBess

"And a fine morning to you all. We can't let a little rain dampen our spirits."

R

Rando

To Dorgath -

You look through the things you pulled off of the bandit's bodies last night and make note of the following:

About 100 assorted coins of different denominations and countrys.

A few notes and scribled messages, each having to do with when and where to meet to attack Reedton.

The Bandit King wore a silver and gold amulet of very fine craftman'ship. It is fashioned in the shape of an eagle's claw and seems to radiate warmth.

One other bandit, more richley dressed then the others, had three gold rings and a silver circlet around his head.

All in all, not a bad haul for looting bodies.

S

sageridder

"Well another day greets us."
I search behind the bar of the inn to see if a bottle of spirits or two was left behind.After that I check on the horses.
***With the horses from the bandits we should each have our own mount.***
Then since no one else found it I will see if I can find the axe the leader was using.

D

Daggertooth

"Hi all," I say chearfully as I quickly gulp down my food. "I'll be outside recovering some of my arrows."

I leave to see if I can find any arrows that can be repaired.

******Hey rando, Arn't you supposed to tell me how many arrows retun to my quiver vs how many get broken in battle? Or do I do that?********

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
"Hey everyone! If no one objects, I'd like to keep one coin of each currency and country of origin that I don't have. You guys can have the rest and the rings and circlet.

Archway, Thedlyn, and anyone else: Check out these papers. Are these important?

And what does anyone make of this amulet? It's kinda warm, and not from body heat."

R

Rando

To Zilor -

You find the Bandit King's axe next to his corpse out on the street. It is of wonderful craftmanship, and quite ornate. The head mesures at least 18 inches, and there is a wicked hook on the end of the shaft, next to the grip. The blade edge is etched with strange runes you do not understand, and there are several jewels embeded up and down the length of the shaft. The grip is black leather and there is a silver skull decorating the end of the shaft by the head.

To Nychus -

The majority of your arrows returned to you, pulling them selves from the bodies of your victems and from where ever they landed on the rare chance that you missed.
*for the purposes of this game, let's say you never run out of arrows*

To Dorgath -

Archway looks over the messages. "Well, there's nothing we don't know, really. Most of it says to attack Reedton, where to meet, et cetera. But this one, " he holds up a scrap with a scribled map on it. "This one I think is the map to the dragon's lair! See how it winds up into the mountains in the north and how there is a childish drawing of a beast here? I think they may have been forlish enough to try and get the Wurm's hoard when it was out of it's cave, attacking nearby towns. It's a good thing we mercifully killed them before that foul monster sunk his claws into them. As for that amulet, I'm not one for mystical, magical things. You'll have to find one more educated in such matters."

E

EricBess

Jaspar takes the amulet to examine, "There are always tales of legendary artifacts. This one doesn't look like any of the ones I am aware of. Stephen, how about you. Does this workmanship remind you of anything?"

R

Rando

To Jaspar -

Stephen remarks, "No, I do not recognize it's make. Strange how it seems to be warm. I can feel it just waving my hand past it."

To all players -

When everyone has had some food, Archway says, "Well, I belive someone mentioned that we all now have a horse to our selves. Good, that will make things easier. You, mister Stephen, are you planning on joining our little crusade?"

Stephen says, "Well, in fact, I have yet to hear what it is all of you are doing traveling the high roads in times such as these. Perhaps someone can enlighten me?"

E

EricBess

"Stephen, all these years of spinning legends. Tell me you have not once dreamed of writing one of your own... There's a dragon loose in these hills friend."

S

sageridder

"Well Stephen seeing your skill with an axe, Perhaps this might be better wielded by you."
***I hold out the axe to him.***
"Archway,from that map can you tell how much further to the wurm's lair?"

R

rkoelsch

"I may be of some assistance there." I say as I walk through the door., "or at least I can tell you where it is not"

** I had talked to Rando and he thought it would be okay but if anyone has a problem I will drop. Thanks

You see a Middle-aged man with braided black hair and a goatee. He has a silver shod staff and is wearing a dark blue robe over light blue tunic and breeches. He has a traveling bag slung over his left shoulder

S

sageridder

"Well mage Tell us then,what do you know of this wurm?
And just how do you find yourself here in this burned out abandoned town?"

***Does anyone else think we need a rolecall,I'm not sure who is still actively playing anymore.Maybe we could fit in that Sidar Jabari fellow who wanted to play if some are really finished.Just a thought.***

R

Rando

**Good idea. Over the weekend, anyone that reads this that is still playing please just post your character's name and "I'm still playing."

If you're not playing anymore, then your un-guided character will make wonderfull cannon-foder.
(ie. Hmmm, what's in that cave? Let's send [insert un-played character's name here] in there to investigate!)**

S

sageridder

***Still playing.
Hehehe remember the guy that starved to death on the city councle steps.***

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
* still here *

Since no one seems to be able to answer any questions about the amulet, I'll take it and put it away for safekeeping.