RPG Chapter 3: Breckfol Bound

N

Naren

Naren is still here.... he just hasn't had much to say for a bit.

He has mentioned that he's happy to continue travelling with you all.

R

rkoelsch

** I am not ignoring anyone but I just wanted to run my reply by Rando**

R

Rando

**to rkoelsch - it's all cool**

To all players - Archway steps forward, "Well sir, our little adventuring party grows larger by the day, it seems. I am Archway, the Wurm-Slayer of Antheer. It is I who have formed this brave band as we seek out the beast."
Archway bows deeply and then steps aside, giving you all a chance to introduce yourselves to this new stranger.

S

sageridder

"I am Zilore.So mage Tell us then,what do you know of this wurm?
And just how do you find yourself here in this burned out abandoned town?"

D

Daggertooth

I am Nychus Spellcaster. Expert Archer, woodsman, and I guess now adventurer.

Oh, and don't let the name fool you, the only little magic I know is used to enhance my archery skills.

R

rkoelsch

My name is Roland Dodo, scholar and collector, I had come to this town to make it my base for exploring this area. Of the wurm I know little, I only found out about him after arriving and it was only rumors. I have spent the past couple of days roaming the area southwest of town. I am looking for the ruins of an old temple which is mentioned in a few tomes to be in this area. I didn't see any sign of the wurm. Traveling back and seeing the smoke, I thought he was attacking the village. It is good to have company when danger is about.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
"Temple? What temple is that?"

* Does Dorgath or the dwarves know of this temple from their long association in this area? *

R

rkoelsch

I'm am not really sure of the temple's name, you see I was following the trail of ... Oh thats is not important right now. I had dismissed the dragon as rumors by a simple folk but it appears I was wrong. Do I understand you correctly? Are you actually going after the wurm? I will offer what little assistance I can provide for a share in the items the wurm may have acquired.

C

Cateran Emperor

"A share hrmm?" Taranec muses. "That suits me."

"Have you any idea of the size or composition of this dragon's hoard? I am not from this area, and have little knowledge of useful equipment I might procure from the lair?"

D

Daggertooth

No knowledge?

Why Taranec you must have heard the stories. I bet jasper could tell you exactly what's hidden there.

But I'll tell you anyway. :D Gold, jewels, magical artifacts of every type. 10,000 times more than the Antheerian Empire has. in fact you could probably cover the land 10 hands high with the gold coins alone!

I'll buy a solid gold jewel encrusted bow, if I don't find one of course. with an unlimited supply of unbreakable silver bowstrings.

.......Nychus trails off thinking of all the riches he will soon acquire.

Lets get going, the sooner the beast is slain the sooner we get our gold!!!!!:D:D:D

E

EricBess

"Nychus, my friend, even if I knew what the dragon guarded, it wouldn't be near as fun to tell, would it now?"

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
* How does ANYONE (except maybe Archway) know what the dragon guards? We just all heard about the dragon a couple of days ago! Before that, we were blissfully minding our own business in the tavern... :confused: *

R

Rando

To Dorgath -
Thedlyn puts his gnarled Dwarven hand on your shoulder, "Is something troubleing you, brother? You seem lost in your thoughts."

To all players -
Archway speaks, "Well, enough with the chit-chat. Let us get on the road. The day wastes while we discuss what the dragon may or may not have! I say to you, we may or may not live to see the beasts hoard! So let's get going, and divide up the spoils when we actually have them in hand."

With that, Archway slams back the last of his cup of ale, and walks out the door to the horses, stoping by the town well to fill his bladder.
**(that's WATER bladder, so no jokes ;) **

When everyone is ready, Archway calls for all to move out, and he leads the way to the road that exits the north side of town.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
"I tell you, Thedlyn, these humans just think of the wealth of the wurm. Mercenaries! How many of actually sat down and admired the years of craftsmanship that has gone into the artwork? How many cry at the mere sight of cunningly wrought jewelry? Faugh..."

R

rkoelsch

"True enough. I have nothing else to do for a little while I will tag along and see what happens."

Roland goes to a room behind the bar. Hopefully finds the bag I left there before my trek. Takes it out ties it to his saddle and follows Archway

C

Cateran Emperor

"Mercenaries?" Muses Taranec, "Why, what more would you expect from creatures as ambitous as ourselves Dorgath?"

Taranec checks to see all his equipment is accounted for, then follows Archway to see to the horses.

D

Daggertooth

Nychus walks up to Dorgath and playfully kicks him. *I would have pushed him, but he is a bit low to the ground. :))

You tellin me your not on this quest for gold dwarf? Ha! Your brain must be rot from too much spirit, :) or being too old. And don't tell me your the same age as me, if I were born when you were I'd be dead by now. ;)

With that Nychus cheerfully walks out to get his horse. Though his cheerfulness was only a facade.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Dorgath keeps in mind the "insult" that Nychus has just given him.

"Aye, I'm NOT in it for the gold! My brethren are being killed and their homeland is being destroyed! That is MUCH more important than mere trinkets that pass through your hands like water."

Dorgath spins around and prepares to do his meditation exercises while waiting for the rest of the party to get a move on.

R

Rando

To all players -

After another 1/2 an hour or so, everyone is ready.

Archway leads the way out of town and up the north road.

The land in these parts is jagged and green, with huge outcroppings of grey rock jutting out of the dense folliage.

The path is narrow and winding, allowing for only 2 to ride side by side. The further you go north, the steaper the road becomes, and the worse the footing gets.

You also notice something strange: a good 3 hours into your journey, you all notice that there is no wild life to be seen or heared. Not a single bird calls out, and not so much as a ferral cat crosses the trail.

After another 2 hours, the time being noonish, the trail more or less stops at an abandoned shack next to a delapitated mine shaft. What is left of the road continues north as a foot-path. It is very narrow and rocky, and you'll be hard pressed to get your horses up it.