RPG Chapter 3: Breckfol Bound

R

rkoelsch

"If we are to go further it looks like it will be afoot.
My suggestion is we check out the shack and leave our horses tethered here. Though I don't like to leave Elvira in the open with a dragon about."

Roland scans the area for a grove where he could tether his horse.

R

Rando

To Dorgath -

Thedlyn looks over the wooden railing that surounds the mine shaft. "Nay, this is of human make. Only the gods know where those tunnels down there may lead." He then tugs on the rope that is hanging from the pully system rigged above the shaft. "Strange though, this rope is new."

To Roland -

The area is dense and rockey. Except for the small clearing around the shack, there are no glens or fields. All around you is thick forest and rock outcroppings that jut from the ground at odd angles, some as high as 15 or 20 feet!

R

rkoelsch

Roland looks at the shed to detemine size to see if of sufficient size to hold the horses. Hearing the dwarves he checks for anything that looks as if there has been recent occupation.

R

Rando

To Dorgath -

The rope is about 50 ft long. At the very end of the rope is a loop. About 5 feet above the loop is a wooden shaft, 12 inches long, threaded through the rope at a perpendicular angle.

To Roland- -

The shed is one room only, about 20X20 feet. There is one door and one window on the front, left of the door.
Inside the shack is a pile of old, musty sacks and a few crates. On the floor, you see the remains of a camp fire and a hole busted through the ceiling directly above it.

To all players -

Archway anounces, "This seems like a good enough time and place to break for a mid-day meal. Let's have at it."

It continues to rain at a light sprinkle. In the north, above the trees, you can see the fog shrouded peaks of the Breckfol mountains.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
"Odd. What do you make of this, Thedlyn? Anyone? Does anyone want to lower me down into the mine? After lunch, of course."

R

rkoelsch

"Sounds like a good idea to me"

Roland opens his saddlebag bringing out bread, cheese and a wine bag. He then reaches in once more and pulls out a ferret and a feedbag. After making sure Elvra's feedbag is on he sits down and starts eating occasionally breaking off pieces to give to the ferret with statements like, "that's a good boy" and "heres another one Frodo".

D

Daggertooth

All this while Nychus stayed on his horse, arrow Notched. In fact, He had been in this combat ready mode ever since it became abnormally silent. There are very few reasons why complete silence occurs. And all of it is bad. Nychus didn't want to be caught off guard.

"We should make this break quick. Theres something odd about this place and I'm eager to get out of here. Till then, someone should keep a close watch. I'll be first."

That said I scan the edge of the forest to see if I can detect anything that might prove threatening.

E

EricBess

"This is indeed an interesting local. It looks as if someone might have already gone into the mine shaft. Perhaps a tale lies therein. I think investigating is a prime idea."

R

rkoelsch

"So shall we lower Dograth down? I can't by myself but I am willing to help"

Roland walks over and puts his food away. He grabs his staff and walks over to the dwarves

C

Cateran Emperor

Taranec stands watch off to one side while the dwarves investigate the rope.

R

Rando

**Psst...Bob! Then say something... ;)
And did you read everything you missed so you will know what's going on? Just checking. Welcome back my clerical friend**

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Standing by to be lowered down...

And I don't think much of the quietness of the area; I think the dragon has droven out or eaten most of the inhabitants. :)

R

rkoelsch

to Thedlyn" So shall we lower this eager dwarf down?"

to Dogarth I hand him a small globe saying,"Not sure if you'll need this but this has been know to drive back supernatural darkness"

Anyone can see the glode has a soft glow to it.

S

sageridder

"Dorgath if you take that light,I suggest you tuck it away lest it rob your infravision."
***Is there any smell coming out of the mine shaft?Is there any air flow blowing out or sucking into the shaft?***

R

Rando

To all players -

There is a stale smell coming from the slight up-draft that swells from out the mine. It is a musty, old and wet smell, but nothing too unpleasant.

Dorgath is lowered down...

To Dorgath -

As you are lowered, the musty smell grows stronger. There is a lot of moss and fungus clinging to the walls of the shaft, which is about 4 feet wide and crudly hewn.

About 50 feet down, your feet touch rock. As your eyes grow acustomed to the gloom, you see that there are two tunnels down here, a large, well worked one that goes east, and a smaller, more natuaral looking one that goes north.

The east tunnel slopes down. The north tunnel slopes up, and has a small stream of water flowing out of it and down the other passage.

To those top-side -

Coming from the tangled path that leads north, after the road stops, your hear movement. After a few seconds, you hear two distint voices, but both very deep and gruff. One says "'el, the master ain't paid us in a foretnight, why not take a trinket?" The other voice responds "'cause he'll flay ya alive, ya fool. You leave that tunnel alone. The master knows it's there, and I think he uses it."