Mission 1: The Prisoner

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
All right guys, so it looks like we use the vehicle as a distraction and get over the wall at some undefended point. The question is, how to use the vehicle? If we set it on "auto" and use it to ram the gates, I would think after the commotion has died down that the Hostiles will wonder how it got set and send out search parties, where they might find us and/or our ship.

Melkor

I figure we should go over the wall in the corner with the number 5 buildings, that will give us the most cover once we're over the wall, and then will leave us pretty close to the middle building. I'm beginning to think that the best plan is to crash the truck into the gate. However, is that really possible? How sophisticated is this vehicle, if it's a regular car, then I don't think we can all go over the wall at the same time.

Unrelated, how are we supposed to recognize Skrath's brother once we're inside?

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
I was assuming the truck was "earth-like" in that it had some sort of pedal we could jam down to keep it running. I guess we better check it out :)

And no, we're not sure. Good call.... ask Skrath how we can recognize his brother and if we get that info, see if any of the Rogues are him.

turgy22

Nothing Special
The away team calls the ship and speaks with Skrath. He describes his brother as being 1.6m tall and weighing 47kg. You realize that this could describe about a million different Rogues. You ask him if there are any more distinguishing features - scars or anything like that.
He pauses, then says his brother doesn't have any scars, but that he does look quite a bit heavier than he really is, heavier, in fact, than any rogue should look. In any case, his name is Kerthk and if you tell him you're with Skrath, he'll trust you.
You look back at the Rogue in the truck and realize that none of them look any heavier than your average Rogue, so there's a slim chance that Kerthk is one of them.

To answer your question about the truck, it doesn't use pedals. All motion is controlled by a steering console that can be programmed to just drive forward, navigate itself along known paths or even steer itself to avoid obstacles.

B

BigBlue

Is there any way we can steal their truck? that could be useful.... :D (j/k)

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
The Hostiles might notice their truck is missing... but if it's possible and you guys have any ideas, feel free to shout them out :)

So we could program the truck to just go forward and "not avoid obstacles" so it hits the gate to provide the distraction...

What should we do with the Rogues? We could wake them up/wait until they awake and ask them if any are Skrath's brother or have heard of him (and why they're in the truck). I don't think we should keep them in the truck if its going on a suicide mission, but I'm not sure what else to do with them aside hauling them back to the ship and that might "waste" more time (I don't think we're in that much urgency so).

T

train

I don't mind cutting throats... but I don't know if we could trust them if freed... What about just tying them to trees or something?

B

BigBlue

Oh, you mean for the six legged beasts to feast on? Geez, you guys are horrific... Almost as bad as the Hostiles....

T

train

It's them or us... I don't really see it another way... but if the ship is willing to come pick them up - that's fine too...

Melkor

Well, how long are does the effect of the sonic grenade generally last? It'd be nice to use a jail break as a distraction for our real jail break.

turgy22

Nothing Special
Melkor said:
Well, how long are does the effect of the sonic grenade generally last? It'd be nice to use a jail break as a distraction for our real jail break.
The sonic grenade effects last about an hour, untreated.

train said:
It's them or us... I don't really see it another way...
Spoken like a true Rogue.

T

train

(I try...)

:cool:

(but I did include an "us" in there... I'm not at the "me" point if my team makes sense... and sometimes they make more than me... so I'm good.)

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Well, I'm "a bit" uncomfortable :) in dispatching defenseless "opponents"... that's just dishonorable. And we don't even know if they're opponents. At the least, I think we either wake them up or wait until they wake up (which may happen while we're deciding what to do with the truck and how to get in the compound), pump them for information, and then let them go and let them take their chances in the jungle. They're probably "enemies" or hostile to the Hostiles, so they probably wouldn't betray us....

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Well, I wouldn't be either...

So wake them up and see if they have any information? train, you can do the honors while Melkor and I stand guard.

T

train

Begins waking them by whatever means necessary...

Questions asked - who are they, why are they "prisoners", do they know anything about where they were going, do they know skrath's brother, how far to the ext town, etc...

turgy22

Nothing Special
train said:
Begins waking them by whatever means necessary...
train pokes and prods at the unconscious Rogues. Then he tries screaming at them and shaking them, still to no avail. It seems as though he will require a medical kit to successfully revive them or else, he'll just need to wait until the effects wear off on their own.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Crap. Well, scratch that. I don't think we have an hour to spare - you'd think the Hostiles would start looking for their missing truck before then.

So... just hide the sleeping Rogues in the bushes so that when they wake up, they can scurry off on their own? And set the truck to ram the gates while we climb over at some other point?

T

train

I don't think we should leave them free - they could decide to ambush us later... not knowing who we are...

tying them up is my option...

As for the prison - I do think ramming the gate would work... or better yet... we could set an explosion via the truck, leaving it here, and they would send out parties to see what happened...