Mission 1: The Prisoner

B

BigBlue

Hello?...... Static.... Is everyone alright? more static.... :D did I take the red pill or the blue pill this morning?

turgy22

Nothing Special
Since BigBlue's just waiting around anyway...

BigBlue fires up the thrusters and flies the ship about 20 feet off the ground. A visual on the landing site shows that whatever was out there is gone now.

B

BigBlue

OK, in that case I'll land again... damn wildlife anyways... Airbreathers..... :D

If it were more than Oversoul and I, I'd go out and look for tracks to see if it truly was wildlife... but we're not exactly the "ranger" type....

Melkor

I think we really need to do this quickly, these guys are probably expected soon and if they aren't in they'll be on alert. However, I don't know exactly how we are supposed to get in now.

T

train

I kind of thought it was to bring someone out of the compund to it, so we could sneak in then...

We can try taking it, but then we may be stuck going where we are told to go... and cornering ourselves...

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
I thought we'd take it and it'd go to the garage, where we could get out and hide and investigate, as the garage seemed to be more isolated than the rest of the buildings... Melkor? What say you?

T

train

I can go with the garage idea... but we are supposed to be transporting the "prisoners" so I wonder if they would have us go elsewhere first...

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Yeah, that I'm not sure about...

I'll check out the truck to see if there's any papers or documentation telling what was going to happen to the Rogues...

turgy22

Nothing Special
Spiderman said:
I'll check out the truck to see if there's any papers or documentation telling what was going to happen to the Rogues...
Spidey checks the truck. If there was any information on where these Rogues were going, the Hostiles driving the truck didn't have it.

T

train

My thought was that they would be opening the gates at a point to let out the "rescue" party... I could try sneaking in and finding a way for you all... or we can just all attempt to go over the wall at a point...

B

BigBlue

How about some hostile marrionette theatre.... send the dead hostiles through the gate by rigging the accelerator, then sneak in during the fray... but, they will be on alert and it will be difficult... I foresee no matter how we(you) go about this, it will be tough....

If you get into a firefight and need a quick extraction, I will bring the ship into the compound... but, we'll have to make a very rapid exit and we'll have to ditch the ship sometime I suppose... this is where having their ship would have been useful...

Melkor

I was thinking about something along those lines. We could also wait for the Rogues to wake up, and then send a distress signal to the prison, then sneak in while they're focused on gathering up the escapees. We'd have to be quick though, a search might also find our ship, and I don't know how many men they'd send out to find the Rogues.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Did the recon show any place on the walls that might be the best to go over? Like some "blind spot" between sentries or far enough away from the buildings so it wouldn't attract notice (I guess that's directed at BB and/or turgy[/b])

So everyone thinks commandeering the vehicle and trying to pose/bluff our win isn't that doable, I guess...

If that's so, I like using the truck as a distraction and/or using the Rogues as one while we try to sneak over at some other place on the wall.

T

train

I could easily put the distress call in for the rogues... or we can do the truck... I would prefer a distraction to none at all...

turgy22

Nothing Special
Spiderman said:
Did the recon show any place on the walls that might be the best to go over? Like some "blind spot" between sentries or far enough away from the buildings so it wouldn't attract notice (I guess that's directed at BB and/or turgy)
So far, train has had the best recon, when he climbed the tree to look over the wall. There aren't any sentries guarding the wall. Guards are scattered about inside the compound, but the only place they're guarding the exterior is at the front gate. I guess they trust the wall is sturdy enough that it can not be penetrated.
Also, I'm not sure if I remembered to mention this, but train also spotted some heavy laser weapons on the roof of the largest building in the compound. The size and position of these weapons suggest that they are anti-aircraft weapons, so BigBlue and Oversoul will need to be careful if they try to pilot the ship any closer to the compound.
EDIT: I also forgot to mention that there is a very small landing pad on the roof of the largest building. It doesn't look like it will support any ships much bigger than a shuttle, though.