Mission 1: The Prisoner

Melkor

(Sorry for dropping off for a while with this game)

Can I quickly search the dead Hostile? If I don't find anything important, I'll head towards the ambient buzzing down the long hall.

turgy22

Nothing Special
There's nothing else on the Hostile.

Melkor takes a few steps down the hallway. The buzzing is getting louder. Suddenly, a laser blast flies by, just missing Melkor's side. He looks back up to see a security drone hovering about 2m in the air and coming closer.

T

train

Steps back to take aim at the drone to help Melkor, and fires away...

turgy22

Nothing Special
Melkor gets his shot off first, missing the drone.
train fires shortly after, also missing.

The drone stays on Melkor, firing again and hitting his left hand for minor damage.
Melkor fires back, hitting the drone, but not disabling it.
train shoots again, but continues to miss.

The drone fires again at Melkor, but misses wildly.
Melkor fires again and hits squarely, blasting the drone into pieces that fall sharply to the floor.

T

train

"Why would there be a drone down the hallway?!...

Melkor - are you okay?... Come on... we can't afford to stay here..."

(Heads down the hallway to see what the drone would have been protecting....)

turgy22

Nothing Special
train and Melkor walk down the hallway. About 16m down the hall, there are two doors - one on the left and one on the right. The hall continues forward, but they can't make out anything down there.

Melkor

Tis but a flesh wound. I want to try the door on the left, I'll try forcing it open if necessary.

turgy22

Nothing Special
Melkor opens the door, which is not locked. As soon as the door opens, he sees a Hostile guard sitting about 4m directly in front of him. The Hostile is reading some sort of electronic console, but looks up when the door opens. When he sees Melkor, he quickly reaches for a Laser Rifle propped up against the wall behind him.

turgy22

Nothing Special
Melkor gets the first shot off, just barely missing the soldier.
train moves in and fires, hitting the hand that he is using to reach for the rifle.

The Hostile grabs his rifle with his other hand and begins running down a hallway (not the one you just came from) to his right.

Melkor and train each take another shot at the fleeing Hostile, but Melkor misses and train's Laser Pistol overheats during the shot. train cusses at his bad luck, as this is the second time its happened and his hand still hurt from the first time.

The Hostile left behind a chair and the console he was looking at. There is also a storage cabinet next to wear we was sitting and a wall-mounted console on the other side of the chair.

As the Hostile's steps emanate down the hall, shrieking sounds begin coming from that direction. train immediately recognizes the voices of Rogues - some are calling to Melkor and train for freedom, others are taunting the fleeing Hostile.

T

train

(Moves over to the control panel to see if there is a release button for the cells...)