Mission 1: The Prisoner

B

BigBlue

Well, we landed alright... so I'll fire up the engines hoping the sound drives him away for now... if I activate our ships defense shields, will it keep him away once he retreats?

turgy22

Nothing Special
BigBlue said:
Well, we landed alright... so I'll fire up the engines hoping the sound drives him away for now... if I activate our ships defense shields, will it keep him away once he retreats?
Landing only uses the maneuvering thrusters. The ship's shields won't do much to keep an animal away. They simply generate an electro-magnetic field that is designed to deflect metallic objects, such as missiles. An organic being can pass through these shields comfortably, although I suppose it would make their hair stand up. Sorry about not explaining this stuff earlier. It's a lot of that stuff that I thought about, but never wrote down.

BigBlue turns on the ship's engines and runs another scan. The large lifeform which was detected earlier has moved away from the engines and is now located a few meters to the side of the ship, directly across from the armory.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
turgy22 said:
Nothing. He cut open his own hand on your armor. (Another one of those "rolled a 1" situations.) I'll try to be more clear in the future.
Oooooh. Got it ;) Still trying to wrassle with him though.

T

train

(Moves around the other side to attack the hostile in the truck from the other side...)

"Here we go..."

Melkor

I tell train to get the guy on the other side. Then I want to drop down and see if I can fire at the Hostiles legs from underneath the car.

B

BigBlue

Can I get a visual on what's outside without actually going out there?

it's pretty damn bold for an animal... but then it is a big animal...

I'll power down the engines to prevent a fire as best as I can... I apologize for being a wuss.... but Oversoul & I aren't exactly what you'd call "fighters"... :)

turgy22

Nothing Special
Spidey engages in fisticuffs with Hostile 1. He takes a swing and misses.
Melkor drops to the ground and tries to make Hostile 2 dance. A nice blast from his weapon rips into the Hostile's foot. Hostile 2 drops to the ground.
Train then shoots the immobilized Hostile in the chest.

Hostile 1 fights back with Spidey, narrowly missing him on a punch.
Hostile 2 has a moment of shock from his now mangled foot.

BigBlue said:
Can I get a visual on what's outside without actually going out there?
it's pretty damn bold for an animal... but then it is a big animal...
I'll power down the engines to prevent a fire as best as I can... I apologize for being a wuss.... but Oversoul & I aren't exactly what you'd call "fighters"...
If it moves in front of the ship, you can get a visual from the cockpit.

Melkor

With the way our lucks been going, its a good thing I didn't shoot out the whole undercarriage of the vehicle. Can I jump on Hostile 1 from behind and try to choke him out, or just punch him?

turgy22

Nothing Special
Melkor said:
Can I jump on Hostile 1 from behind and try to choke him out?
Absolutely!

Spiderman takes another unsuccessful swipe at the Hostile.
Melkor attempts to put the Hostile in a choke hold, but can't quite get a hold of him.
Train shoots again at the disabled Hostile, blasting the Laser Pistol out of his hand.

Hostile 1 takes a swing at Spidey and connects for minimal damage.
Hostile 2 attempts to shield himself from train's relentless attack.

Spidey swings again, but the Hostile evades his punch so deftly that Spidey takes a spill, landing hard on his right hand.
Melkor uses the opportunity to pounce on the Hostile and get him in a choke hold.
Train, wishing to speed up the disabled Hostile's demise, pulls out his blade and moves in for the kill, but the Hostile is still putting up a fight, repelling train's first attempt.

Hostile 1 attempts to break out of Melkor's choke hold, but fails.
Hostile 2 continues defending himself.

Spidey's a bit slow getting up from his fall.
Melkor continues to maintain his choke hold. Hostile 1 is starting to gasp.
Train gets around Hostile 2 and stabs him in the neck. He falls over limp.

Hostile 1 tries one last time to break out of the choke hold. Melkor maintains his grip and the Hostile falls unconscious to the ground.

T

train

"Blade seems more efficient than pistol... and keeps a memoir of each victim..."

(Checks the vehicle for items of use...)

turgy22

Nothing Special
train opens the door to the cab of the truck and peers inside. There is a steering/navigation console, but it's built into the truck. There's nothing else of interest inside.

train moves to the back of the truck and opens the door. Inside are 4 unconscious Rogues. Three of them are lying on the floor. The fourth is lying across one of the two benches that are built inside the truck. Their arms and legs are bound with adjustable metal shackles. Another two pairs of shackles are hanging from a hook on the wall inside the compartment.

B

BigBlue

OK... perhaps I'll use the thrusters to lift off 20 feet and try to do some recon... :D hopefully we aren't low on fuel... :D

T

train

(takes the two other sets of shackles... could come in useful on the ship... begins poking at one of the rogues trying to wake him for questioning - looking for info about where he was being taken... knowledge about the area, etc...)

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Cripes, I would have to get the Hostile who's expert in hand-to-hand combat...

"Good work men! See what you can get out them, train."

I'll disarm the two Hostiles and/or take everything of use and check the second to see if he's dead. If he is, I'll put the first Hostile in the shackles and if he isn't, I'll put them both in.

T

train

(I thought we killed them both, so I just put the shackles in the pack...)

turgy22

Nothing Special
One Hostile is dead (the one train killed). The other Hostile is just unconscious.

Spiderman searches the Hostiles, but finds they are very lightly armed. The dead Hostile only has the Laser Pistol he was using. The unconscious Hostile is only carrying a communicator.
train pokes at the unconscious Rogues, but fails to revive them using this method.
Spidey grabs a pair of shackles from train and binds the unconscious Hostile.

BigBlue said:
OK... perhaps I'll use the thrusters to lift off 20 feet and try to do some recon... hopefully we aren't low on fuel...
Where are you planning to do recon? Just in the area where the ship landed or closer to the Hostile compound?
Also, don't worry, the ship can't run out of fuel. It's powered by a nuclear reactor.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
"Should we try to wake the Rogues and question them or continue into the compound? I'm not sure if this truck is on a schedule or not...