Mission 1: The Prisoner

Discussion in 'Games Run By CPA Members' started by turgy22, Mar 21, 2006.

  1. Oversoul The Tentacled One

    What did Skrath say about identifying his brother?
  2. Spiderman CPA Man in Tights, Dopey Administrative Assistant

    His name is Kerthk and he's heavier than any Rogue ought to be. No identifying marks.

    I think the Rogues, upon finding themselves free, would try to get clear of the area as soon as possible rather than worrying about ambushing us. I'd rather give them a fighting chance than keep them tied up. So I guess it's up to Melkor.

    Ramming or exploding the truck is fine by me.
  3. train The Wildcard!!!...

    Well... I'm okay with letting them go... but don't want it to come back on us...

    Let's do it and take the chance... also - what if they find the ship and try to take it?

    I say we explode the truck...
  4. BigBlue Magic Jones

    Look and see if the truck has a first aid kit... Oversoul might be able to walk you through reviving them...

    And - along the lines of what train is speaking, I have the perimeter sensors on fully given our earlier encounter.
  5. train The Wildcard!!!...

    Checking for first aid kit and anything else we might want to take before blowing this baby up...
  6. Spiderman CPA Man in Tights, Dopey Administrative Assistant

    Let's do it then. Set the explosion for what, 30 minutes? to give us time to get to the far side or whatever isolated position on the wall where we're going over.
  7. turgy22 Nothing Special

    There's no Med Kit on the truck.

    Question: How are you blowing up the truck? At the moment, you don't have any explosives, aside from grenades, and no timers or detonators. Although some ships will have a self-destruct option, this particular truck does not. Or do you just want to program the truck to ram something and hope it explodes?
  8. Melkor Active Member

    I'm in favor of leaving the Rogues untied, I'm not worried about an ambush, they'll be unarmed, and probably scared of being caught by Hostiles, they'll run. More likely, they won't even come to until we've already started the jailbreak. I figure if they do come to, it's more likely they'll distract the Hostiles than they'll somehow manage to find us on the way out and ambush us. I'm worried that blowing up the truck farther away from the camp won't cause enough of a distraction. In either case, we should put one of the Hostile dead bodies in the car and leave the other in the woods. One in the car, so they don't immediately know that the car was on auto pilot, and one in the woods, so they don't immediately know that both are dead.
  9. train The Wildcard!!!...

    Dang it Melkor... where've you been this whole time... Those are good ideas... but I still worry about the rogues... maybe it's the rogue in me...

    Okay, let's see if we can set the truck to ram the gates... with one body in it...

    the other body we can leave here...

    Good with you spidey?...

    Either way we need to tail it towards the camp and through the brush before the truck rams anything...
  10. Spiderman CPA Man in Tights, Dopey Administrative Assistant

    Good with me. Leave the Rogues untied and set the truck to ram with one body inside.
  11. train The Wildcard!!!...

    Okay turgy...
  12. turgy22 Nothing Special

    The crew frees all the unconscious Rogues of their bindings and moves them to the side of the road. The bodies of the dead Hostile and the slain hexalion are moved into the jungle, out of sight from the road. The unconscious Hostile is propped up behind the console of the truck. train (having the highest technical skill of the three) attempts to program the truck to steer its way to the compound and crash into the gate. Although unfamiliar with the standard operation of Hostile consoles, he believes the plan should work. The program is executed and the truck begins rumbling down the road. The three crew members begin running toward the compound.

    BigBlue, monitoring communications, hears a message from the Hostiles, while Skrath translates:
    *Gate to mobile: Identify yourself.*
    The message repeats again with more urgency. Shortly after, BigBlue hears a crash through the communication.

    Running towards the compound, the away team hears the crash coming from the compound in the distance.

    BigBlue hears another communication.
    *Gate to Base: Suspected sabotage. Recommend deploying a security team immediately.*
    *Base to Gate: Security team is on the way. Prepare the gate for opening.*

    A few minutes later, the team arrives in visual range of the compound. The truck hit the front of the gate. Although damage to the gate is minimal, the cab of the truck is severely crumpled in. Waiting a moment, the gate begins to slide open. Five Hostiles, with Laser Rifles drawn, exit the compound and move toward the truck.
  13. train The Wildcard!!!...

    This is where we move around to our spot to jump the wall right?...

    I mean - is there brush around the base of the wall, or is it a clear path, and they would see us?
  14. turgy22 Nothing Special

    Just to clarify: How were you planning to "jump" the wall? It's 10m high. I wasn't sure if you were definitely decided on going over the wall or trying to sneak through the gate while it was open. Unless you can think of something else, you'll need to try climbing a tree to jump over, but I'll warn you that that will be risky.

    Regarding visibility: There's a little bit of obstruction around the base of the wall. Chances of being spotted are going to depend on where you want to try getting in.
  15. Spiderman CPA Man in Tights, Dopey Administrative Assistant

    Great... I thought you guys had the plan down of jumping the wall, as going through the gate while the Hostiles are coming out of it is a lot of traffic.

    I'm guessing climbing a tree is our best shot, as I don't recall we have ropes or grappling hooks.

    And I thought we were going to try at an "isolated" spot, wherever that may be...
  16. train The Wildcard!!!...

    the spot near building 5 I believe... it provided the most "cover"
  17. Spiderman CPA Man in Tights, Dopey Administrative Assistant

    Right... that one :)
  18. Melkor Active Member

    Cursed metric system, my mind just kept interpreting it as ten feet rather than 10 meters. I guess if there are trees we can try that.
  19. train The Wildcard!!!...

    okay...

    trees it is...

    trees near building 5 that is...
  20. turgy22 Nothing Special

    Sorry for the lateness of this reply. The internet's been down at work and I have no phone service at home, so I've been stuck. Anyway....


    The party makes its way through the jungle to the northeast corner of the wall. They climb up the tallest tree closest to the wall one by one. From here, they can see two Hostiles inspecting the wreckage of the crashed truck while three stand guard outside the gate. Looking inside the wall, the objects at location 5 were not buildings, but trucks. The trucks are parked up against the wall in a secluded area, surrounded by foliage.

    One by one, the party jumps out of the tree, hoping to get over the wall and land on one of the trucks to soften the fall. train jumps first, lands safely and moves out of the way. Melkor follows, also landing safely. Spiderman jumps last, but doesn't stick his landing. He lands hard on his right leg, which bruises badly. His leg's swollen, but not broken, so he can still walk on it, but the injury is painful.

    The party stands inside the wall, next to the trucks. To their right, there is a small shed, partially hidden in a cluster of trees. Directly in front of them is the largest building, which is surrounded by a row of trees and bushes, which extend around the edge of the building and appear to get more dense. There are currently no Hostiles in sight, although their voices can be heard coming from the west.

Share This Page