Lord of the Rings LCG 4 Player Game Actions

R

rokapoke

I'll throw down another Daughter of the Nimrodel, paying 1 from each of my heros.

Also, I have Radagast's Cunning in hand, so if we see a critter show up in the staging area that has a high Threat Strength, I can negate that.

B

boogiepop

Since they're still attacks (The Ranged ability merely expands your potential targets.) you can indeed work splendidly with Legolas.

I got most of this taken care of. Will get the rest done tonight.

B

boogiepop

Got it done, and 5 resources from Gloin and Theodred to play:

(U) Faramir // Type: Ally // Sphere: Leadership Cost: 4 // Willpower: 2 Attack: 1 Defense: 2 Hit Points: 3 // Gondor. Noble. Ranger.
Action: Exhaust Faramir to choose a player. Each character controlled by that player gets +1 Willpower until the end of the phase.

(U) Snowbourn Scout // Type: Ally // Sphere: Leadership Cost: 1
Willpower: 0 Attack: 0 Defense: 1 Hit Points: 1 // Rohan. Scout.
Response: After Snowbourn Scout enters play, choose a location. Place 1 progress token on that location.

I used the Scout's ability on one of the Forest Webs.

Time to quest. I'll be doing what I always do, questing with all 3 of my heroes and readying Aragorn.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
I always use Thalin, of course.

Hey, referring back to turgy22's explanation of combat

turgy22 said:
If my understanding is correct, Heroes do not engage, players do. Also, seeing how our three current enemies are all below each player's threat level, if both you and Rokapoke choose not to engage any enemies, they will engage us automatically.

The Forest Spider, having the highest threshold, would engage you. Then the King Spider would engage rokapoke. Finally, the Black Forest Bats would engage boogiepop. So, in effect, you don't really have the choice of engaging, it's going to happen anyway. You do have the option of engaging more than you would be assigned by default, though.

After the engagement, the three enemies attack each player who they're engaged with and that's where we have the option to block the attacks with characters (heroes and allies). Your sentinels also have the option to defend other players.
Finally, each player has the option to attack the enemies he's engaged with. This is when you can use your ranged ability to attack enemies engaged with other players.
It's basically like Magic, right? The enemy attacks players, determined by the playing order, and the players choose who to use to block.

R

rokapoke

In the interest of us actually getting some progress (!!), I'll send Beravor, Glorfindel, and Gleowine.

Also, boogiepop, at the end of each turn (round, whatever), can you post a little summary of what happened? I particularly don't understand when things like progress tokens and such are happening, so it would be really nice to see it collected in one post right before we refresh.

R

rokapoke

Yeah, I want a "We did this, which caused this to happen" post... this game is so different from what I'm used to, so I still don't know a lot of what's going on.

B

boogiepop

Yeah, Spidey, I guess it's a little bit like Magic as far as combat is concerned.

And I'll post a turn summary as requested. I'm sorry I haven't done a better job at clearing things up for you guys.

Back to the game...
I'm going to use Faramir's power on myself, giving each of my heroes +1 Willpower.

Quest Phase

The Lorien Guides immediately place 1 progress token each on our current location, which is the Forest Gate. It already had 2, so 4 progress tokens in total have been placed on it, which is enough for it to be discarded. :)

1st Encounter
Forest Gate
Type: Location
Encounter Set: Passage Through Mirkwood
Threat: 2 Quest Points: 4
Forest.
Response: After you travel to Forest Gate, the first player may draw 2 cards.

2nd Encounter
Hummerhorns
Type: Enemy
Encounter Set: Spiders of Mirkwood
Threshold: 40
Threat: 1 Attack: 2 Defense: 0 Hit Points: 2/3
Creature. Insect.
Forced: After Hummerhorns engages you, deal 5 damage to a single hero you control.
----
Shadow: Deal 1 damage to each character the defending player controls. (2 damage instead if this attack is undefended.)
Victory 5.

Thalin deals 1 damage to it.

3rd Encounter
King Spider
Encounter Set: Spiders of Mirkwood
Threshold: 20
Threat: 2 Attack: 3 Defense: 1 Hit Points: 2/3
Creature. Spider.
When Revealed: Each player must choose and exhaust 1 character he controls.
----
Shadow: Defending player must choose and exhaust 1 character he controls. (2 characters instead if this attack is undefended.)

Thalin deals 1 damage to it.

We have a When Revealed effect. Turgy, do we let this one slide?

B

boogiepop

I just read your post in my mailbox and thought it was in response to our Sports League game, specifically to the "my brain isn't working" comment I just made. :p

I'll exhaust the Snowbourn Scout.

B

boogiepop

Last card is
Dol Guldur Orcs
Encounter Set: Dol Guldur Orcs
Threshold: 10
Threat: 2 Attack: 2 Defense: 0 Hit Points: 3
Dol Guldur. Orc.
When Revealed: The first player chooses 1 character currently committed to a quest. Deal 2 damage to that character.
----
Attacking enemy gets +1 ATK. (+3 ATK instead if this attack is undefended.)

I'd like to nominate Gloin as the one to receive this damage. (Heal please, rokapoke! :) )

So far we have 6 willpower from rokapoke, 7 from turgy, 1 from Spidey, and 10 from myself (including Faramir's action.) That makes a total willpower of 24!

The total threat is only 14. We needed only 6 more to progress to the next stage of the quest, and so we do so. It reads:

A Fork in the Road
Type: Quest
Scenario: Passage Through Mirkwood
Encounters: ,Dol Guldur Orcs,Passage Through Mirkwood,Spiders of Mirkwood,
Quest Points: 2
Forced: When you defeat this stage, proceed to one of the 2 "A Chosen Path" stages at random.
----
As you move through Mirkwood, hounded by spiders, the forest path forks before you...
Unsure of what lies ahead but spurred by the urgency of your message, you choose a path and proceed...

Progress points do not spill over into new quests, so it'll probably be just one more turn before we get to the third and final stage.

Travel phase. Where to?

R

rokapoke

Agreed, boogiepop. Gloin takes the damage, and he will be healed for 2 at the first opportunity.