Lord of the Rings LCG 4 Player Game Actions

R

rokapoke

I will quest with Glorfindel, Gleowine, and Erebor Hammersmith.

Whenever we get the next chance for Actions, I'll use Denethor's ability.

B

boogiepop

I don't know that Denethor will be able to use his ability this turn since the encounter deck is currently empty. I'll check when there's an opportunity during the quest phase once the deck gets reshuffled.

I'll quest with all my heroes and Brok. Faramir will give turgy's guys a boost.

B

boogiepop

It refreshes as needed during the questing phase. Never before or after.
So Thalin will still be of use once questing has begun.

B

boogiepop

Northern Ranger adds counters, removing one of the Great Forest Webs in the process.

1st Encounter

East Bight Patrol
Type: Enemy
Threshold: 5
Threat: 3 Attack: 3 Defense: 1 Hit Points: 2
Goblin. Orc.

2nd Encounter

Driven by Shadow
Type: Treachery
When Revealed: Each enemy and location currently in the staging area gets + 1 Threat Strength until the end of the phase. If there are no cards in the staging area, Driven by Shadow gains surge.

That's plus 5 treachery. What say you, Turgy?

turgy22

Nothing Special
That would put the threat level at 16 and we currently have 27 willpower with two cards left to reveal. This seems like something we can easily overcome. I'll let it slide.

B

boogiepop

3rd
Forest Gate
Type: Location
Encounter Set: Passage Through Mirkwood
Threat Threashold:
Threat Strength: 2 Quest Points: 4
Forest.
Response: After you travel to Forest Gate, the first player may draw 2 cards.

4th
Old Forest Road
Type: Location
Encounter Set: Passage Through Mirkwood
Threat Threashold:
Threat Strength: 1 Quest Points: 3
Forest.
Response: After you travel to Old Forest Road, the first player may choose and ready 1 character he controls.

That puts the threat at 19. As turgy pointed out, we've exceeded that by a long shot. So much, in fact, that we put enough progress tokens down to complete the final stage of our quest.

Well, it took quite a while to finish (mostly because I've got a hectic schedule these days,) but I do hope you guys got some enjoyment from it. It's an interesting system. I think I see a case for 2 player, though. This was rather easy once we got some traction. Solo, on the other hand, is ball-crushingly tough. The second quest alone I played maybe a dozen times before beating it.

Anyway, thanks for playing, gents. Good times! :)

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Cool game.

I think playing with all four decks definitely helped as they all had strengths that made up for other weaknesses. My deck seemed pretty focused on fighting and even then, I didn't have to use a lot of cards (maybe I should have?) to get past the battles. If it had to go solo, it probably wouldn't have done nearly as well.