Lord of the Rings LCG 4 Player Game Actions

B

boogiepop

The spider dies, and the Old Forest Road gets completely explored.

All that's left are final actions (like Berevor's) before the round ends. As for that round summary, I'll probably get it done tomorrow night.

Whoa! I forgot to mention that our good friend Dunhere saved us a huge headache and flanked those Hummerhorns. :D

R

rokapoke

Beravor will grant two cards to Boogiepop, who had the fewest cards in hand.

I will exhaust the Steward of Gondor to add resources to Glorfindel's pool.

The as-yet-unused Daughter of the Nimrodel will heal Eowyn.

Finally, Glorfindel will pay 1 resource to heal the Horseback Archer.

B

boogiepop

Phase 1: Resource

Each player draws a card and places one resource token on each of his heroes.

Phase 2: Planning

In turn order, players play the following resources and allies.

rokapoke: I'll throw down another Daughter of the Nimrodel, paying 1 from each of my heros.

boogiepop: 5 resources from Gloin and Theodred to play Faramir and Snowborn Scout. It has:
Response: After Snowbourn Scout enters play, choose a location. Place 1 progress token on that location.
I used the Scout's ability on one of the Forest Webs. (The Forest Web needs 2 progress tokens in total to be removed from play, so it's still in the Staging Area.)

turgy22: I will play another Lorien Guide, using 1 resource from each hero's pool.

Spiderman: I'll pay one from Legolas to Attach the Blade of Gondolin to him.

Phase 3: Quest
We each commit characters to the quest.

rokapoke:In the interest of us actually getting some progress (!!), I'll send Beravor, Glorfindel, and Gleowine.

boogiepop: I'll be doing what I always do, questing with all 3 of my heroes and readying Aragorn. (Theodred Response: After Théodred commits to a quest, choose a hero committed to that quest. Add 1 resource to that hero's resource pool. Aragorn Response: After Aragorn commits to a quest, spend 1 resource from his resource pool to ready him.)
I'm going to use Faramir's power on myself, giving each of my heroes +1 Willpower.
FaramirAction: Exhaust Faramir to choose a player. Each character controlled by that player gets +1 Willpower until the end of the phase.

turgy22: I will quest with Eowyn and both Lorien Guides.
The Lorien Guides immediately place 1 progress token each on our current location, which is the Forest Gate. It already had 2, so 4 progress tokens in total have been placed on it, which is enough for it to be discarded.
Lorien Guide Response: After Lórien Guide commits to a quest, place 1 progress token on the active location.

Spiderman: I always use Thalin, of course.

Now for the questing itself to begin. A card is added to the Staging Area for each player in the game.

1st Encounter
Forest Gate
Type: Location
Threat: 2 Quest Points: 4
Forest.
Response: After you travel to Forest Gate, the first player may draw 2 cards.

2nd Encounter
Hummerhorns
Type: Enemy
Threshold: 40
Threat: 1 Attack: 2 Defense: 0 Hit Points: 2/3
Creature. Insect.
Forced: After Hummerhorns engages you, deal 5 damage to a single hero you control.

Thalin deals 1 damage to it.
Thalin While Thalin is committed to a quest, deal 1 damage to each enemy as it is revealed by the encounter deck.

3rd Encounter
King Spider
Threshold: 20
Threat: 2 Attack: 3 Defense: 1 Hit Points: 2/3
Creature. Spider.
When Revealed: Each player must choose and exhaust 1 character he controls.

turgy22: There's nothing I can do to prevent that.
boogiepop: My brain isn't working.
turgy22: Yeah, that too.

Thalin deals 1 damage to it.

rokapoke: I'll exhaust Denethor.
boogiepop: I'll exhaust the Snowbourn Scout.
turgy22: I will exhaust Eleanor.
Spiderman: Cripes. I'll exhaust Gimli.

4th Encounter
Dol Guldur Orcs
Threshold: 10
Threat: 2 Attack: 2 Defense: 0 Hit Points: 3
Dol Guldur. Orc.
When Revealed: The first player chooses 1 character currently committed to a quest. Deal 2 damage to that character.

The damage is given to Gloin. He now has 1 HP out of 4. He receives 2 resource points.
Gloin Response: After Gloin suffers damage, add 1 resource to his resource pool for each point of damage he just suffered

So far we have 6 willpower from rokapoke, 7 from turgy, 1 from Spidey, and 10 from myself (including Faramir's action.) That makes a total willpower of 24!

The total threat is only 14. We needed only 6 more to progress to the next stage of the quest, and so we do so. It reads:

A Fork in the Road
Type: Quest
Scenario: Passage Through Mirkwood
Encounters: ,Dol Guldur Orcs,Passage Through Mirkwood,Spiders of Mirkwood,
Quest Points: 2
Forced: When you defeat this stage, proceed to one of the 2 "A Chosen Path" stages at random.

Progress points do not spill over into new quests, so it'll probably be just one more turn before we get to the third and final stage.

A Daughter of Nimrodel heals Gloin for 2
Daughter of the Nimrodel Action: Exhaust Daughter of the Nimrodel to heal up to 2 damage on any 1 hero.

Continued in next post.

B

boogiepop

Phase 4: Travel
We can choose to travel to one Location in the Staging Area. It is removed from the Staging Area. It acts as a buffer to our current quest.

rokapoke: Let's keep bringing that threat score down by hitting up the Old Forest Road.
Old Forest Road Response: After you travel to Old Forest Road, the first player may choose and ready 1 character he controls.

rokapoke: I shall ready Beravor.
Spiderman: I guess I'll ready Gimli
rokapoke: First player only, Spidey. Nice try though.
Spiderman: Whoops, my bad :p

Phase 5: Encounter

The following enemies dare challenge us:

Hummerhorns
Threshold: 40

King Spider
Threshold: 20

Dol Guldur Orcs
Threshold: 10

turgy22: I'm thinking Spiderman should voluntarily engage the King Spider. He can then defend with both Spearmen to kill it immediately.
And boogiepop can engage the Orcs and defend with Aragorn, who won't take any damage.
During our attack phase, Spiderman still has Legolas and a Horseback Archer with which to kill the Orcs and I can take out the Hummerhorns in the staging area with Dunhere.

rokapoke:
boogiepop:Engages Dol Guldur Orcs
turgy22:
Spiderman:Engages King Spider

The Hummerhorns' threshold is too high for it to engage us on its own. (A player's threat must be equal or higher.)

Phase 6: Combat

Defend.

Deal shadow cards.

Dol Guldur Orcs
Threat: 2 Attack: 2 Defense: 0 Hit Points: 2/3

Aragorn defends. Shadow card is
Driven by Shadow
Type: Treachery
Shadow: Choose and discard 1 attachment from the defending character. (If this attack is undefended, discard all attachments you control.)

Aragorn loses Celebrian's Stone. No damage taken, though.

King Spider
Threat: 2 Attack: 3 Defense: 1 Hit Points: 2/3

Gondorian Spearman defends.
The shadow card is Mountains of Mirkwood. No effect.
The Spearman deals 1 damage before he dies.
Gondorian Spearman Defense: 1 Hit Points: 1//Gondor. Warrior.//Sentinel. Response: After Gondorian Spearman is declared as a defender, deal 1 damage to the attacking enemy.

Attack

turgy22: Dunhere scouts ahead and flanks a group of Hummerhorns lying in ambush.
Dunhere Attack: 2, Dunhere can target enemies in the staging area when he attacks alone. When doing so, he gets +1 ATK.
Hummerhorns
Defense: 0 Hit Points: 2/3

Spiderman: With his newly found Blade of Gondolin, Legolas fells the large orc that was savagely attacking Aragorn, saving his comrade's life in the process.
Legolas Attack: 3, Ranged. Response: After Legolas participates in an attack that destroys an enemy, place 2 progress tokens on the current quest.
Blade of Gondolin Attached hero gets +1 ATK when attacking an Orc. // Response: After attached hero attacks and destroys an enemy, place 1 progress token on the current quest.

Dol Guldur Orcs Defense: 0 Hit Points: 2/3
Dol Guldur. Orc.

3 Progress Tokens get placed on the Old Forest Road. Since it needed 3 to be fuly explored, it's discarded.

In the midst of battle, a young, brave Horseback Archer from the plains of Rohan manages to vanquish a wounded King Spider.

Horseback Archer Attack: 2 Defense: 1 Hit Points: 2 //Rohan. Archer.//Ranged

King Spider Defense: 1 Hit Points: 1/3

Final Actions

rokapoke: Beravor will grant two cards to Boogiepop, who had the fewest cards in hand.
I will exhaust the Steward of Gondor to add resources to Glorfindel's pool.
The as-yet-unused Daughter of the Nimrodel will heal Eowyn.
Finally, Glorfindel will pay 1 resource to heal the Horseback Archer.

Spiderman: Wow, you da man.

Phase 7: Refresh

All characters and items refresh and we each raise our threats by 1.

R

rokapoke

Wow, that's fantastic! Thanks, boogiepop -- this reminds me of the movie Clue when Tim Curry recaps the night's events.

turgy22

Nothing Special
During the next planning phase, I'm going to use 5 RPs to play Gandalf (leaving one RP on Dunhere) and draw 3 cards when he enters play.

B

boogiepop

Thanks, rokapoke! I just finished the final section.
And you like Clue?! Awesome, that movie rocks! :cool:

B

boogiepop

I'll spend all my points except Aragorn's final one to bring Brok Ironfist into play.

Brok Ironfist
Type: Ally
Sphere: Leadership Cost: 6
Willpower: 2 Attack: 2 Defense: 1 Hit Points: 4
Dwarf. Warrior.
Response: After a Dwarf hero you control leaves play, put Brok Ironfist into play from your hand.

R

rokapoke

I'll spend 1 each from Beravor and Denethor to play:

Erebor Hammersmith //Type: Ally Sphere: Lore //Cost: 2 //Willpower: 1 Attack: 1 Defense: 1 Hit Points: 3 //Dwarf. Craftsman. //Response: After you play Erebor Hammersmith, return the topmost attachment in any player's discard pile to his hand.

I will return Celebrian's Stone from boogiepop's discard pile (you mistakenly list it in turgy22's pile) to his hand.

I'll also pay 3 from Glorfindel's pool to help out Gloin, our damage-eater:

Self Preservation //Type: Attachment Sphere: Lore //Cost: 3 //Skill. //Attach to a character.//Action: Exhaust Self Preservation to heal 2 points of damage from attached character.

B

boogiepop

Thanks for seriously hooking me up, rokapoke. :D

We're on to the Quest Phase. I'll be doing my standard play, questing with all three heroes and refreshing Aragorn.

B

boogiepop

I'll use Faramir's ability on Rokapoke's guys.
Encounter #1
The Necromancer's Reach
Type: Treachery
Encounter Set: Dol Guldur Orcs
When Revealed: Deal 1 damage to each exhausted character.

Turgy?

B

boogiepop

Cool.

Forest Spider
Encounter Set: Passage Through Mirkwood
Threshold: 25
Threat: 2 Attack: 2 Defense: 1 Hit Points: 4
Creature. Spider.
Forced: After Forest Spider engages a player, it gets +1 ATK until the end of the round.
----
Shadow: Defending player must choose and discard 1 attachment he controls.

Enchanted Stream
Threat: 2 Quest Points: 2
Forest.
While Enchanted Stream is the active location, players cannot draw cards.

Enchanted Stream
Threat: 2 Quest Points: 2
Forest.
While Enchanted Stream is the active location, players cannot draw cards.

Dol Guldur Beastmaster
Threshold: 35
Threat: 2 Attack: 3 Defense: 1 Hit Points: 5
Dol Guldur. Orc.
Forced: After Dol Guldur Beastmaster attacks, deal it 1 additional shadow card.

Our combined Willpower of 20 smashes their combined threat of 16, and we move to the next and final stage of our quest. (There are two stage 3 cards. You get one randomly. I flipped a coin and this is what we got.)

The trail winds into one of the darkest, most tangled parts of the forest...
You sense that a foul, dark presence is hunting you, an dyou move quickly in an attempt to avoid its evil.
You attempt to follow a secret, hidden trail to avoid the enemy...

A Chosen Path: Beorn's Path
Type: Quest
Quest Points: 0/10
Players cannot defeat this stage while Ungoliant's Spawn is in play. If players defeat this stage, they have won the game.

And on to the Travel Phase. I wouldn't mind hitting up one of the Enchanted Streams. What do you guys think?

turgy22

Nothing Special
Fine with me. In fact, I have Strength of Will (Response: After you travel to a location, exhaust a Spirit character to place 2 progress tokens on that location.) in hand, so as soon as we travel, we can discard it without having to waste a turn without drawing.