Lord of the Rings LCG 4 Player Game Actions

B

boogiepop

Awesome. So I guess you'll be exhausting one of the Lorien Guides, am I correct?

As for combat, how about I take the Forest Spider and Spiderman the Dol Guldur Beastmaster? They shouldn't pose any threat since the Encounter Deck is exhausted. (It only gets reshuffled during the quest phase. Shadow car will not be dealt until then.)

B

boogiepop

Cool, so turgy gets rid of the location for us.
I engage the spider and Spidey engages the Beastmaster.

I'll block with the Snowbourn Scout. He isn't much use anymore. (Note that I was incorrect about engagements. Even though I engaged the spider, he is also considered to have engaged me, so he does get the bonus.)

Aragorn and Brok deal 4 damage together, which is enough to kill it.

How would you like things to go down on your end, Spidey? Remember that they're aren't any shadow cards this round, so you get to dictate it entirely.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Does the Beastmaster have 4 HPs from Thalin's ability when it was revealed?

I'll block with Gimli who takes 1 (right?) and who deals back 1 and use Legolas to help deal the rest and the Horseback Archers if I need to deal the extra point because Thalin didn't affect it.

R

rokapoke

Gimli can't attack if he blocks -- this is different from the Magic combat system.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Oh. So I guess I need to know whether the Beastmaster takes one from Thalin so Legolas and the Archers can kill it or if I need to cast an Event.

B

boogiepop

Yeah, I've got the damage listed on the game state page.

I think where Spiderman is confused is Gimli's ability. It does not act like Gloin's. (Response: After Gloin suffers damage, add 1 resource to his resource pool for each point of damage he just suffered)

Gimli's reads: Gimli gets +1 Attack for each damage token on him

After taking a point of damage, Gimli's stats would be: Willpower: 2 Attack: 3 (his starting attack of 2 plus 1 for the point of damage on him) Defense: 2 Hit Points: 5/5

Therefore, it's a good idea to give Gimli some damage early on, and then have him Hulk Smash! things later.

As for the attack, Legolas and the Archer would have a combined attack of 6. (Legolas gets a bonus from using the Sword of Gondolin since the Beastmaster is an Orc.) That's easily enough to kill it.
Legolas places 3 progress tokens on the quest.

So, any final actions before we move on?

Edit: I'm healing Gloin. :)

R

rokapoke

Glorfindel pays 1 to heal damage to Gleowine.

The two Daughters of the Nimrodel will heal Thalin and Theodred, respectively.

I will exhaust the Steward of Gondor to add resources to Glorfindel's pool.

Finally, if there are cards in the encounter deck, I'll use Denethor's ability.

B

boogiepop

All recorded.
I'm guessing you guys don't have anything but... Spidey? Turgy?

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
I don't have anything.

I wasn't confused with Gimli's ability, I just didn't see where the damage was from Thalin. I thought I checked the game state page but I guess not. No worries though!

B

boogiepop

Everyone gets refreshed, each of our threats increase by one.

Well that was a short, quick round.
Everyone draws a card and collects resources.
Allies and Attachments?

R

rokapoke

I've got nothing, unless anybody wants to draw 3 cards -- but that's an action anyway, so that doesn't have to happen now.