Lord of the Rings LCG 4 Player Game Actions

R

rokapoke

... and here. Mostly because I have no feeling for "good" or "bad" at this point.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
I'm off tomorrow, but if I understand this correctly, after the resource phase where I draw a card and place a resource token on my heros, During the Planning phase I'll remove a resource token from Thalin and Legolas to play Gondolin Spearmen (Type: Ally, Cost: 2, Willpower: 0, Attack 1, Defense 1, HP 1, Gondor Warrior)

If that's not correct then I'll just wait until Wednesday and see y'all's turns to see what to do.

B

boogiepop

Spiderman's got it right. You pay for cards from your heroes' resource pools.
I'll play a Guard of the Citadel and I'm done. Turgy's up.

I'll just edit the top post until we get to a new page. Would this be good?

R

rokapoke

I will play two different allies, using up my 3 resources.

Henamarth Riversong //Type: Ally Sphere: Lore //Cost: 1 //Willpower: 1 Attack: 1 Defense: 0 Hit Points: 1 //Silvan. //Action: Exhaust Henamarth Riversong to look at the top card of the Encounter Deck.

Gleowine //Type: Ally Sphere: Lore //Cost: 2 //Willpower: 1 Attack: 0 Defense: 0 Hit Points: 2 //Minstrel. Rohan. //Action: Exhaust Gleowine to choose a player. That player draws 1 card.

B

boogiepop

I am so behind the eight ball.

The next phase is the quest phase. What each of us does is choose any number of characters to exhaust (tap,) thus committing them to our current quest (the Flies and Spiders 1B card.) After we have decided which characters we wish to commit, we then flip over one encounter card per player, one at a time and add it to the staging area. The staging area is where the Forest Spider and Old Forest Road are.

Once that is done, we'll compare the combined Willpower of our questing characters to the combined Threat of the cards in the staging area. If our Willpower is greater, we'll make progress on our quest. For every point of Willpower greater than the combined Threat, we'll place a progress token on our quest. For every point less, we'll each have to raise our personal threat (the one below our names) by one.

A couple of things to take note of:
1. Exhausted heroes can neither attack nor defend.
2. If your threat ever reaches 50, you're immediately eliminated from the game. (Sorry if I mentioned this already.)

We all commit our characters at the same time. I'll commit both Aragorn and Theodred to the quest. I'll activate Theadred's ability on Aragorn, giving him a resource token. Then, I'll use Aragorn's ability to untap at the cost of one token. He is still considered to be committed to the quest.

B

boogiepop

Great. Next we draw one card from the encounter deck per player and add it to the staging area.
Card #1 Eyes of the Forest (Treachery, When Revealed: Each player discards all event cards in his hand.)

Ouch. Before we proceed, can anyone do anything to prevent this?

B

boogiepop

Excellent. It is replaced with...
Damn. Welcome to the land of treacheries...
Caught in a Web
Type: Treachery
When Revealed: The player with the highest threat level attaches this card to one of his heroes. (Counts as a Condition attachment with the text: "Attached hero does not ready during the refresh phase unless you pay 2 resources from that hero's pool.")

Spiderman's the only one besides myself that has any resource points, so if you've got something you can do (which I doubt since you've got the tactics deck) now's the time. If not, I have something that will nullify the effects, though I can't play it this turn. Characters untap at the end of the turn, so if it's placed on a tapped character, he'll be unusable next turn.

I won't have to stop like this for cards that don't have a When Revealed effect. So don't worry, it won't always be this slow.