Lord of the Rings LCG 4 Player Game Actions

B

boogiepop

What's the verdict rokapoke? Old Forest Road or do we try to barrel through the next quest with Legolas?

R

rokapoke

Let's keep bringing that threat score down by hitting up the Old Forest Road.

B

boogiepop

Sorry, been a rather bizarre week.

The Old Forest Road has the following text: Response: After you travel to Old Forest Road, the first player may choose and ready 1 character he controls.
Whom shall you ready?

turgy22

Nothing Special
So... is it now time to engage?

I'm thinking Spiderman should voluntarily engage the King Spider. He can then defend with both Spearmen to kill it immediately.
And boogiepop can engage the Orcs and defend with Aragorn, who won't take any damage.
During our attack phase, Spiderman still has Legolas and a Horseback Archer with which to kill the Orcs and I can take out the Hummerhorns in the staging area with Dunhere.

R

rokapoke

Unfortunately, only one character can be declared as defending an attack -- so the two spearmen can't work at the same time.

turgy22

Nothing Special
Curse you and your "knowledge" of the "rules." At any rate, I still think Spiderman and boogiepop should choose to engage the two enemies I mentioned above. I suppose they can determine for themselves what the best course of action would be from there.

B

boogiepop

Sounds like a plan to me. (I'm going to go ahead and assume spidey's going along with this.)
So I engage the Orcs and Spidey the spider. heh

Deal shadow cards.
Defending with Aragorn, shadow card is
Driven by Shadow
Type: Treachery
Shadow: Choose and discard 1 attachment from the defending character. (If this attack is undefended, discard all attachments you control.)

So I lose Celebrian's Stone. :( No damage taken, though.

Spidey, you're cool with taking one, right? Which guy will you defend with?

B

boogiepop

Awesome. I'd certainly appreciate it.

Spidey, the shadow card is Mountains of Mirkwood. No effect.
The Spearman deals 1 damage before he dies.
Legolas is going to deliver the finishing blow, yes?