D&D: Palace of the Silver Princess

P

Prince RXI

***And Karnage is dead. Guess since I keep on getting all the pain, Spidy's dice are trying to give me a message... They're saying for me to go to hell. See ya.***

T

train

(Just wondering if I recall correctly... but Karnage hasn't used his "second-life" yet has he?... I'm thinking somewhere along the lines we got a second life...)

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
** Yeah, he did use his second life... it was somewhere back when after a battle he was hanging by a thread and you used a potion on him...

D

DarthFerret

Bertrem, Too busy with the fighting to notice his comardes death yet, still tries to mow them down....

T

train

Si'Nat

(I guess I was thinking the potion was different than the second life... but I guess we used the potion to bring him back to full speed...)

(Pours on the arrows...)

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
** Well, the "hanging by a thread" was the allusion to the second life... he should have died during that battle but I left him at 1 HP...

The missile fire guys pour it on, hoping to finish off the creatures and protect Bertrem. Si'Nat, Patrick, and Rondo miss but Cugel hits the first one, causing it to stagger a little.

Bertrem finishes it off with another massive blow with his mace.

Round 3 - Creature gets the initiative.

Bertrem bears the weight of the creature's attack and is unable to avoid a claw.

This time, Patrick's dagger is the only one to score a hit among the missilers. But again, mighty Bertrem brings it down.

Breathing hard after this battle, you notice the room is devoid of any furnishings and there's another door in the middle of the north wall.

Attachments

TomB

Administrator
Staff member
*I think we need to. Without our big barbarian friend there Rondo needs to take point, and he's already hurt. How are we doing on spells?*

D

DarthFerret

Ok, guys, I hate to seem kinda wimpy, but as one of our few melee fighters left, I am in pretty bad shape here....

**Bertrem Slumps against the wall breathing really heavily....**

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
From your map and moving at 60' a turn, you estimate it'll take you 16 turns to get out...

At the 11th turn, just as you round the corner to go up the long north corridor, you run smack dab into a group of the small, dog-like men. Surprised, Rondo and <is there someone next to Rondo or are you going single-file?> bear the brunt of the attack...

Round 1 - Party is surprised, so creatures have initiative.

Waiting to see if someone's next to Rondo before continuing...

T

train

I do believe I would would be next to Rondo... (I don't remember marching order recently, but I know I had been close to front...)

How many are there?

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
*If the exit for the lizards isn't blocked, I'd better block it. If they can't get to us, I'll take some stress off everyone else and engage the dog-dudes with my sword. If I can't get to them, it's arrow time again.*

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
** Well, it normally would have been Karnage and Rondo, but since Karnage went down, I don't know who in the second rank would have taken his place, if any. But Si'Nat can be it... :)

** What lizards are you talking about, Cugel?

There's no time to do an exact count of them as Si'Nat is in the front. You do know there's more than four...

Rondo takes a stab wound but Si'Nat beats off his attacker.

There's no room for missile fire in the narrow corridor.

Patrick gets off his Sleep spell and all of them topple over in a slumber. You count seven of them.

T

train

Si'Nat

"Off with them..."

(Begins slitting throats and checks for valuables of any kind... Will also take the weapons and try trading them in town if possible...)

(Then we head on out...)

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Soon there's seven dog-like bodies lying in little pools of blood.

You scrounge seven daggers off of them. No other valuables.

You make it out without further incident. In town you rest, heal up, and memorize spells. You're unable to sell the daggers at the moment though because of the disorganized state of the town.

Heading back in, on the 7th turn, as you just got to the bottom of the last set of stairs, you hear some <clinking>, <clanking>, and <rattling> coming somewhere ahead in the darkness.