D&D: Palace of the Silver Princess

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
It's a plain gold ring but you do find the initials "DB" carved on the inside

** More extra XP for thinking of that

Looking at the map and from where you are, you estimate it'll take you 7 turns to get back to the room, 5.5 turns to get to the cells, and 5.5 turns to get back to the room (all moving at 60' because it's a known area) for a total of 18 turns. Is that acceptable?

** So far no replacement on Karnage, but since you truly only have one real fighter left - Rondo - you might get an NPC to help you out

T

train

Si'Nat

(Well... guys - I don't know if that is acceptable to you all... but it seems you all want to take care of Karnage... so let's do it...)

"We've got to move..."

(gets on with it...)

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
You make it back to the "lizard" room and the scene of Karnage's death safely. Taking the body, you trudge back to the jail cells, deposit his body, and return back to the room, all without an encounter <whew!>

T

train

Si'Nat

(Check the other door for traps and the like... have the others do their default search... then proceed through the door if safe...)

"Okay guys, let's check the door and see what we can find..."

(begins checking the doors, letting the others search...)

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
The room is clean of traps, secret doors, and treasure. However, Patrick (who I assume is on watch because he's not part of the default searching crew) hears some sort of growling coming up from the stairs...

T

train

Si'Nat

(Coming up from the stairs, huh... ...)

"Quick - Shut the door... lock it if possible..."

(hurries everyone and then moves the group through the next door, closing it, and locking it if possible...)

D

DarthFerret

Pulls out mace and positions himself beside the door (the opening side, not the side the door opens to!) and awaits a possible attack...

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
** I'm going to wait so you guys can hash it out of whether to stay in the room or move out through the other door...

T

train

Si'Nat

Well... Darth has a good idea to stay and fight it... but a growl I can only see as another wolf... or one of those weremen...

I guess we stay and fight it...

"Let's get it on..."

D

DarthFerret

I think if we run, we will be less equiped to handle it when it catches us. Lets choose our own ground and be ready for it.....

B

BigBlue

I agree, we should stay and fight it, we will hopefully have surprise....

(The growl was more natural than say a zombie moan, right? And that's exactly what I tend to do, listen for interlopers... finally worked... woo hoo!)

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
** Yes, the growl is more natural, animal-sounding

Coming into your torchlight 30' down the stairs (basically the landing) is a black bear. It looks thin and its hair is matted. It growls again, but it seems more plaintive and desperate than angry and hostile.

T

train

Si'Nat

(so it's in light, but isn't coming at us...

With everyone else still ready... I'll attempt to throw some of the lizard-things to it for feeding time...)

"Here you go buddy..."

(once it is feeding, will move the group on if all are ready... - and we'll close and lock the door if possible...)

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
It sniffs at the lizard-things and then begins to dig in, totally ignoring you.

You can close the door but there isn't a lock.

Going through the north door, you go 20' north and then there's more stairs going up to the west for about 40'. At the top is another 30' square room which is higher than the surrounding countryside so guards could look at the surrounding land when standing watch. There are windows in the west and south walls. You notice that the red glow still surrounds the palace. In the center of the room is an iron ladder, which leads to a trap door in the ceiling. By the south wall you see a statue that looks like a cleric. He looks frightened and apparently just finished scratching a message into the wall. The inscription reads:

Evil red eye, malefaction!
Sweet music from strings;
Priceless Blade of Destruction,
Salvation ride on dragon's wings!

Attachments

T

train

Si'Nat

(Keeps the bow ready for sudden movements...)

"Who are you?... What are you doing in here?..."

T

train

Si'Nat

(so there's no other door but the trap door?)

"Well... he's definitely a statue..."

(I'm going to copy waht he has written on some parchment I would have... I'm guessing I would have some as a spellcaster...)