D&D: Palace of the Silver Princess

T

train

So bigblue and I are up for it...

Darthferret is group consensus...

and TomB is left to vote...

Oversoul is leaning with the additon of the extra spell...

so I think I'm looking at group consensus...

(no - I'm not a politician...)

TomB

Administrator
Staff member
*I say we should double, or even triple, the XP awards, until we're at the max recommended level for the module, so as to increase the likelyhood we survive till the end (without traipsing out 5000 times to heal, that is...;))

Short of that, my vote is yes for early leveling...:)*

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
** Well, doubling or tripling doesn't make that much sense because you wouldn't do it in real life... you're supposed to go through about 2-3 adventures anyway before gaining a level.

Okay, I'll level everyone up and PM their new stats tomorrow. Then we'll go on.

T

train

Since this is basic... can you remind me how the spellcasting is affected?

Thanks,

loco///

T

train

Like can I now cast my spell twice, before having to rest a day?... Or is it two different spells I have to have per day, etc...

(I don't recall how level two relates in particular...)

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Oh.

You get two first level spells, so you can pick two different ones or choose the same one twice. Spell-casting is "not affected", so once you cast a spell, it's gone until you study your spellbook. So if you pick two different ones, you can only cast each once a day or if you pick the same one twice, you can cast it "twice a day".

T

train

Si'Nat

"Okay guys... seems like a good time to take a small break and get some supplies passed out... who needs daggers to throw?"

(I've got 7 regular and 2 long daggers and a mace that I can share...)

D

DarthFerret

by picking my spell, I still have the whole list to choose from on the next day correct? It has been a long time since I have done basic edition, and my books are all packed up....

B

BigBlue

I tend to throw daggers.... don't you tend to use your bow?

I don't know about the long daggers...

I have 3 daggers, if I got 2 more, that would make me feel better.... if after 5 rounds of throwing daggers and a spell cast.... it's probably time for me to run.... :D

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Yeah, actually, looking at Si'Nat's inventory, I think the long daggers are just regular daggers too. I can't remember where you picked them up but I'm just considering them regular daggers.

T

train

Si'Nat

"Well... here's 5 daggers for you..."

(you don't have to keep them all, but me keeping two, and the original I have leaves me with 3... and the bow... and the sword... and the mace...)

B

BigBlue

Patrick

Thanks...

(I'm gone the next 3 days + the weekend - have a good one!)