D&D: Palace of the Silver Princess

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
** No other visible door

The defaulters spend two turns searching for the secret doors, traps, etc. but don't find anything.

** Actually, just because you're a spell caster doesn't mean you have parchment, but as it turns out, you have some from a room you encountered earlier.

T

train

Si'Nat

(I knew I had the parchment - but didn't see any ink on my list... guess I have some - hopefully?...)

"Guess we have nowhere to go but up?!... I'll see if I can open the door... Let's climb..."

B

BigBlue

Patrick

Great job w/ the bear. Hope he get's enough to eat for the short term...

(I thought you were an elf, not a spellcaster... Apparently I need to read up on the basic rules again...)

D

DarthFerret

Ok, I want to closely examine the statue, and his personal belongings that are visible. Try to identify if he is indeed a cleric, what diety, and if possible what moral alignment he is....

Also study the writing and see if it sparks anything in my theological learnings...

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
DarthFerret said:
Ok, I want to closely examine the statue, and his personal belongings that are visible. Try to identify if he is indeed a cleric, what diety, and if possible what moral alignment he is....
You're doing it on purpose! :mad:

T

train

Yeah - I am an elf... and I do cast...

is it not this way in AD&D?... I thought elves could be spellcasters there also?...

(I haven't played 3rd edition)

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Bertrem closely studies the statue before the group heads up the ladder.

** In Basic, there is not a distinction between "class" and "race". Basically, dwarfs are fighters, elves are fighter/spellcasters, and halflings are "little fighters" with a lot of bonus to hiding and dodging. The advantages that demi-humans enjoy over the "human" classes of fighters, clerics, thieves, and magic-users, is offset by limiting them in level: humans can go up to 36th level while the demi-humans top out at various levels (something like 12 for dwarves, 10 for elves, and 9 for halflings - not sure because I don't have my Expert book with me).

T

train

Si'Nat

(So we are able to open the trap door and enter... whew... I worried a little about a spider attacking us like it did in the other room...)

"Come on guys..."

(Or are we waiting on the studying?... I didn't know if you PMed him or something...)

T

train

ooohhh... gotcha...

(awaiting the studying... I guess I was thinking that the time it took me to copy it, it would all be done... but he may want to take actions based on what he finds... thanks...)

D

DarthFerret

Ok guys....looks like he is a cleric of a deity in pretty good standing. I have no clue what the writing is refering to.....i guess we move on..

**OOC: sorry, DSL was under maintenence or something, obviously it is repaired now i guess. Oversoul, would I really mispel that word just to anoy you? :)

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Okay, you guys head up the ladder and through the trap door...

** Okay, you are now on the second level of the Palace. Looking at what you've accomplished so far, everyone gets 232 XP each from fighting monsters and 534 each from finding treasure. Plus, there's several individual XP awards. However, the total still doesn't level anyone up. I'm not sure if this D&D thing will last past this adventure, considering it's taken about a year and a half to get through the first level of this dungeon, although I'm certainly willing to do so, but I am willing to make an offer (which I probably know the answer to). I will advance everyone a level early but still keep track of your earned XP so earning third level will probably take a little extra longer since you haven't actually earned second level through XP yet. Is that okay?

D

DarthFerret

It would make a world of difference to the cleric....but I will abide by the group consensus.

T

train

I'm pretty sure we can do this... ;)

and I'm willing to play forever anyhow...

T

train

So Oversoul and TomB need to vote... I guess that's because we have one content - which is a "not really"... and one that goes with consensus... so it's null... and then one of mine which is pro...

so if the other two vote, and it ties... who's the tiebreaker?...

So far it's...
Yay - 1
eh - 1
Nay - 1

B

BigBlue

Is there any cause for debate? Of course I like it.... getting another HD as a spellcaster could be life/death.... to say nothing of a second spell....