D&D: Palace of the Silver Princess

T

train

Head back the other way is my first inclination - what do you guys think?

I can't tell if this would be skeletons, or those strong guys...

D

DarthFerret

Bertrem

Well, first off, I suppose I should take a position closer to the front. Number one reason, I can handle most of the undead. Number 2 reason, I have no missile weapons, only melee, and Number 3, well, I want revenge for Karnage's sake.

As for any decision making, my choices have not been the best yet, I had better leave it all up to you guys....

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
** Cugel: Ah, yes, they were lizard-ish. However, you guys were heading back out and were about 2/3's of the way out before you encountered the dog-like creatures. So the lizard guys were far behind you, back in the square room

** So the marching order is Rondo & Bertrem in the front, Si'Nat & Cugel in the second, and Patrick bringing up the rear?

So you're still at the bottom of the stairs, Bertrem switches places with Si'Nat in the front to be with Rondo, and the noises are getting closer...

T

train

Si'Nat

(We did kill all the lizard-ish guys right?....)

(We move on towards the clankers attempting to surprise them...)

"Let's not let them surprise us..."

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
** Yes, you did kill all of the lizard guys

About 20' after the stairs, a group of skeletons come <clanking> into your light. They stop and pause, as if confused or surprised :)

D

DarthFerret

In the name of <insert Deities Name Here> I command you to DIE! (Obviously using my holy symbol to turn them!)

T

train

well... we certainly head back towards the lizard room.... if we are going back the same way... i'd like to stop back by the roomm
that had the wolf in it... gor someone to be actively living here...mqybe there are more clues in there as to what else we can expect...

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Well, the room is on the way (in fact, it's just around the corner if you're keeping track of your progress on the map. I'm not sure what you're looking for or expecting though?

T

train

Man... my typing is bad from a Treo...

Si'Nat

If the guy had all this dead stuff running around this castle and he didn't get killed by some of them, I'm thinking he has a secret door he might have gone in and out of the room... so I'm planning on spending two turns looking for secret doors or more clues to his treasure... That was the only room with "fresh food"... and apparently, his wolf companion...

(I don't think one chest of coins is his "treasure"...)

After the search we can head on...

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Two turns it is....

You don't find any secret doors but what luck! On the second turn, you find a loose stone underneath the bed. After removing the stone, you find a small wooden case.

(Extra XP for thinking of that :) )

T

train

Si'Nat

guess it was worth a shot... unless I get hit with some poison needle or something...

(Examine for traps... and if none detected - open the box...)

"well... looky here..."

B

BigBlue

Do any of us have any idea what to do with Karnage's remains? did he give any indication of where they should go?

(I know that isn't always important to everyone - but... for the record if I die please return mine to my family.)

D

DarthFerret

(Obviously, If I die, send mine to the temple)

I do not know what to do with his remains. He never said anything to me. What about that favored Sword of his. I think we should make sure he is entombed with it.

T

train

We can do that if you all like...

We might be able to secure him in one of those "cells" until we can safely take the time to entomb him...

D

DarthFerret

Sounds like a plan to me. I really do not want to take the body back to town at this point.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
No traps on the case so...

Si'Nat opens it and finds 2 sapphires worth somewhere between th 100-400 gp range, 1 large emerald worth somewhere between 1000-4000 go, and a gold ring worth somewhere between 30-60 gp.

T

train

Si'Nat

(glad to have found it... it's a little more reasonable that the chest we found and this, make his treasure more valuable... Is it just a plain gold ring (wdding band), symbols, etc?...)

"Well guys, I guess we head on to where we left from here..."

(Let's remember to move Karnage's body to the cell...)

B

BigBlue

Good Idea.... When we're all done, we'll see that his body get's a proper treatment.

Good find on the treasure!

**Will there be a replacement for Karnage?**