D&D: Palace of the Silver Princess

D

DarthFerret

My last post was a quote said out loud. My cleric has very little prior knowledge on traps, so is waiting for any rouge type character to confirm or put himself in harms way <snicker>

B

BigBlue

"I believe we should check out the other room... I believe it will be similar to this one with a lever, we can then use both levers to hopefully raise the portcullises"

Seeing that nothing really happened from the button, Patrick leaves the room with the rest of the stragglers and positions himself by the other door, standing to the side of the entrance with the torch rather than right in front of it, dagger at the ready for throwing if need be.

T

train

*takes the torch and heads to the other room...*

"Let's get rollin' guys..."

TomB

Administrator
Staff member
*Spidey, I think Bertram/DarthFerret was hoping for a little more than "While Bertrem fiddles with the button..." as a result of his actions...maybe you PM'ed them to him though...;)*

"So! You lads ready to fight yet?"

*Once the group is back together, and ready for action, we go ahead and open the western door.*

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
(Yeah, I did PM him his results. He pretty much stated them to you guys above.

The only two left in the room is Bertrem and Devin/Azreal, who hasn't been on lately. I'll assume he comes with Bertrem to join the others if Bertrem gives the word...)

B

BigBlue

**Unless there was some different timing, he said "I pushed the button and it clicked, what now..." So I think he's given us his results... And I believe the what now is the western door. **

D

DarthFerret

Yup, Bertrem follows suit, still pondering the mysterious button, and wondering if he should have been a rouge in another life?

T

train

**So since I had begun walking into the other room - what is our marching order?**

(Si'Nat begins humming something similar to the jaws theme song...)

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
(I assume that since everyone is in the same room, the marching order is the same as dictated by Rondo/TomB back on the first page of 30 replies somewhere)

The party gathers expectantly around the western door as Rondo prepares to open it. With a <creaaaak> it swing open, and you see a 3 foot long giant rat with gray fur backing away from the door. The rat appears to be confused and half-starved.

TomB

Administrator
Staff member
"Hold up a moment lads...this feels strange. That rat looks like it'd appreciate a meal but it's not attackin us...This feels like another trap, maybe."

*Rondo and Devin stay on guard, watching the rat, while the rest of the group has a look around.*

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
The rat backs up into the northwest corner but doesn't make any threatening motions.

This room is pretty much a mirror match to the eastern room. It's square with each wall 20 feet long. The door is in the southern 10 feet of the east wall. In the center of the south wall is a lever. It has two positions: up or down and is currently in the "down" position. The "up" position is marked "A".

Attachments

B

BigBlue

"I agree that caution is merited... To misquote an oft used quotation, I smell a rat."

If I had a piece of food to offer, I would... I wonder if it'd eat those bones from the other room?"

D

DarthFerret

Readies his mace and shield, preparing to defend against the half starved, helpless, defenseless, rat!

"I hate rats, they're smelly, they're ugly, and they spread diseases such as plague! I say KILL IT!!!!!!"

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
(You guys have food, I just didn't want to bog down with the details of rations and how often you're using them for this first adventure)

The rat squeaks once and begins to gobble down the food. It looks like it's too interested in eating to bother attacking you.

TomB

Administrator
Staff member
"Well, lads, whilst the beastie is busy gobbling that morsel let's check this room out. Carefully now...an keep an eye on the rat!"

*Rondo checks the walls, floors, etc. looking for anything out of place, or suspicious*

T

train

"I'm wondering why the rat backed into that corner... let's see if I can get a look behind or under it... maybe this torch will cause it to move a bit out of the way..."

TomB

Administrator
Staff member
"Well, it looks like there's no traps or anything weird here, that I can see. Suren the lever there in the wall tis a match for the one in the other room...Bertram, could ye check it out?"

D

DarthFerret

Walks over to the lever and inspects it, looking for any similar traps such as the last one, muttering about a member of the clergy doing a rouges job. All the while, keeping the mace at the ready, with one eye on the hated rat.

A

Azreal the Soulmaster

*Devin keeps an eye on the rat, not trusting such a vile creature for a minute.

"all this sneaking around is quite boring. BAH! so far all I've done is get my breeches dusty."

ACHOOO!!! Devin sneezes as he inhales some of said dust