D&D: Palace of the Silver Princess

T

train

"Okay guys - not much new around here except that the diagram seemed to have been true to it's design... Which way - still West, that sounds good to me?"

A

Azreal the Soulmaster

"West is fine by me, so long as we find something more interesting than a rat in the next room"

*Devin slides his longsword from its sheath

T

train

Si'Nat

(smirkingly...)
"But what could possibly be more interesting than a rat?... Maybe we'll run into some stale air this time..."

*Si'Nat heads West with torch and dagger ready...*

B

BigBlue

Patrick

"Should we follow close behind with torches? or would a "scout" be a good idea?"

TomB

Administrator
Staff member
"Well, let me an the thief lead the way bein as quiet as possible, looking for traps an secret doors an stuff like that..."

*Once our DM returns (likely not till Monday guys) we'll check out the West passage, I reckon, unless Bertram or Cugel have any concerns.*

D

DarthFerret

Bertrem follows everyone in the previously stated marching order, all the while grumbling about leaving foul rabid enemy rats behind!

B

BigBlue

Patrick

"That rat is not rabid... or it would have attacked us on sight..."

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Torches and weapons ready, you proceed west for about 80 feet and then south for 20 feet where you come to a door in the east wall. From the light of your torches, the corridor continues at least 30 more feet south until fading to darkness.

Attachments

TomB

Administrator
Staff member
*We check the passage, including the area around the door for traps, recent stonework, etc. Also listen at the door to see if we can hear anything.*

B

BigBlue

Patrick

**I'll do my feeble best to listen as well... but human mages aren't the best in the scouting department... until they cast good scouting magic like ESP or Clairvoyence etc...**

T

train

Si'Nat

*waiting to see what the results are of the others searching.... gets tired of waiting and then...*

"Well let's just see if anyone is home, shall we?..."

*Si'Nat steps up to the door and knocks on it...*

[knock, knock]

"Hello - anyone ready to die in there?"

T

train

"hmmm... nothing...."

*ponders for a second...*

"Guess... we'll see what's behind the door..."

*pushes the door open sticking the torch in first with the dagger at the ready...*

D

DarthFerret

Grabs up his mace, grumbling at the folly of the impatient and impetuous!

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
This is a large, 50x50 square room with the door in the second 10 feet from the north in the west wall. Reed pens, dried ink wells, and scraps of paper litter the room. There are several huge oak tables overturned in the southeast corner. This room appears to have been some kind of study, classroom, or library. You do not see any books or scrolls, however.

Attachments

B

BigBlue

Patrick

Look through some of the scraps on the floor to see what types of things were written on them. Also see if I can find a few useful quills...

"This is weird. There was no real indication of trouble before - and yet these rooms just feel deserted - as if it's been this way for months..."