D&D: Palace of the Silver Princess

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
(Still not clear what the party's decision is to me, if there is one... sounds like y'all are still discussing...)

B

BigBlue

** I believe the consensus is to go into the eastern room, but be cautious of the possiblity of other undead**

"I can hold the torch, but I'm afraid my daggers won't do much good with the likes of them."

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
You guys slowly and cautiously enter the eastern room. The skeletons don't move but remain in place next to the lever.

D

DarthFerret

Bertrem says, "I will hold them from here, everyone else, GET EM"!!", as he keeps his holy symbol poised in front of him. "I will stand here by the exit to take care of any that may resist, and to guard our backs."

Bertrem then positions himself so that he can see everything in front of and behind the group.

**Group Initiative is perfectly fine with me as well. By the way, I like the map, a lot easier to view.

TomB

Administrator
Staff member
*I think if we attack them they can hit back, even after being turned. I think we can take them though, so I'm willing to try...;)*

Rondo, weapon in hand, stands ready to strike, but he holds back to see what the rest of the group wants to do.

'I wonder what that lever controls?' he mutters to himself.

B

BigBlue

** I'm having trouble with Out of Character Knowledge.... I guess that's my issue to deal with.... but how much would a first level bumpkin mage really know about undead, let alone Clerics turning and undead.... I like the new map better too... and, it's a lot less work for me... :D )

Another thing is I find basic DnD perhaps too constricting, I know that my dagger does little damage to undead, and I'd like to use a club or something.... maybe even a femur from one of the remains which will be left.... but basic dnd has no rules for this... I'll live though... I really love the idea of undead with chains on their legs... by the way (what a great alarm system and way to keep regular riff raff away) **

"I'll stand here at the door, and watch behind us in case of others, and hold my torch aloft."

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
(Well, you could have read about them in a book or been told about them. Just because you're first level doesn't necessarily mean you're a "bumpkin". :)

And a dagger does minimal damage to anything, whether it's undead or not (1d4). There aren't any modifiers for types of creatures for normal weapons; there's not "blunt, slicing, etc" subtypes in Basic. So you can hack all you want with a dagger and feel comfortable knowing you'd do the same amount of damage to an undead as a goblin :) )

B

BigBlue

** It doesn't do half damage in basic? well then see there's a case of incorrect out of character knowledge... But I was seeing that dagger going through rib cages and not really doing much, just glancing off the bones.... Of course, I still prefer sitting at the back... I guess I'm not going to change my stance now, but in the future, I won't hesitate to throw a dagger when I get an open shot... because I don't want to stick a buddy in the back... at least not on accident... (Evil Grin) **

A

Azreal the Soulmaster

**Be grateful this isn't 3.5 BigBlue. 'cause, unless you had a strength modifier your 1d4 dagger wouldn't do anything against an undead, since they've got damage reduction 5/bludgeoning**

*Devin lunges into the fray yet again. his fervor plainly seen in his strikes.

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
Cugel is taken aback by the strange lever, but leaves it temporarily to rush the undead enemy with his sword. Better to deal with them now...

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
With varying war cries, you rush to attack. Devin slices at the skeleton to the left of the lever and succeeds in cutting off a hand, but Cugel follows up with stroke of his sword that decapitates it. The skeleton collapses in a jumble of bones. Rondo roars a mighty dwarven oath and with one downward sweep of his battle axe, slices the skeleton to the right of the lever clean in two. It almost seems to explode as bones scatter in all directions.

As calm returns to the room, you turn your attention to the lever, the only notable feature. As noted before, it is in the down position. A "B" is scratched in the wall besides the up position.

B

BigBlue

"Good Job. Made short work of them!"

"It would appear that this is half of the way to open the portcullises."

** I know I've a flair for the obvious, but.... what else was there to say? :D **

D

DarthFerret

Muttering a prayer to his diety, Bertrem releases the holy symbol, and rehangs his mace on his side.

"Well done and good ridance. Now, do we really want to take a chance on opening these gates without checking everything else out first?"

TomB

Administrator
Staff member
"Aye, I agree laddie. Suren it would be tragic if more of those things decided to attack us from behind, all unawares. Let's make sure there ain't no more of those things creepin round!"

A

Azreal the Soulmaster

"hmmm, if you say so, though with our might, we would make short work of any who would dare cross our path!" *Devin lets out a good-natured boisterous laugh

B

BigBlue

"Pardon me sir Devin, but you should stay your tongue. The Protectors could not defend the castle, this is likely not the worst we'll face."

"I agree that we should check everything afore opening those portcullises... This is only half the switch anyways, I believe we should find the other in the western room, and we can throw the switches together to open new paths."

Patrick looks around the room, checking to see what might be lying around on the floor, or if there are any peculiarities in the walls, floor, or ceiling which might indicate a hidden door.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
(I'm going to try to make more use of PMs and stuff to let you guys role-play more. So info that is specific to you or as a result of your actions that would not be seen by the entire party will be PMed, like Patrick's looking around. So it'll be up to him to share the info (I should have done that when he looked into the room). So as far as I can tell, the rest of the party is still discussing what to do and only Patrick is doing a concrete action)

T

train

**I'm good with the group iniative also...

"So, if I get to carry this torch, do I also get to roast the marshmallows when we find them?"