D&D: Palace of the Silver Princess

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
Cugel rolled his eyes at Patrick. Of course he was planning to at least look through the portcullis.

"Yes, of course. Now what was it? Right is the holy direction? Got it..."

TomB

Administrator
Staff member
"Well lads, I dunt know which door t' go through, you know? I think we shud check 'em all...but carefully now...Let's have a look and a listen at them all."

*Let's stick together and watch for traps/ambushes here, but let's see if we can see or hear (or smell) anything to help guide us. Oh, and since Si'Nat doesn't seem to be the talkative type, he can make himself useful by carrying a torch for us in the meantime...;)*

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Both portcullises are made of iron and each has the inscription "A+B" and an arrow pointing upward on them. Looking through the bars of each portcullis, from the inner west portcullis, you see that a 10 foot wide corridor leads west for at least 30 feet before trailing off into darkness (30 feet is how far torchlight goes). From the inner east porcullis, you see a 10 foot wide corridor going both south and east for at least 30 feet before trailing off into darkness.

Each of you take a turn listening to each of the doors. No one hears anything from the west door, but Devin, Rondo, and Bertrem all hear the rattle of chains behind the east door.

B

BigBlue

"I vote for the East and Chains."

**Whoops... I see now that I actually didn't hear the chains**

A

Azreal the Soulmaster

"Comrades! I hear chains coming from the east door. I say we take it and confront whatever it is. I've had enough of this skulking around!"

*Devin draws his sword and begins moving towards the east door

OOC "its kinda fun playing a character who has negative scores in both intelligence and wisdom:D "

TomB

Administrator
Staff member
"Aye, then the east door it is! Check that door for us, Cugel, then we'll go on through as quietly as we can.

"Get ready t' fight lads!"

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Cugel checks the door and doesn't find any traps. Taking a deep breath, Rondo (I assume he goes first per marching order) opens the door and it swings open. Almost immediately he sees two blades swinging towards him. He almost gets his battle axe up in time but not quite to block both blows. Though one swings through the air harmlessly above him, the other bites into his arm and armor for 3 points of damage.

As Rondo backs up in the main room, his attackers follow and the rest of the party has a chance to see what's going on. Two man-sized skeletons advance into the room, wearing iron shackles and lengths of chain from their wrists. Rondo's blood drips from one blade as they press the attack.

A

Azreal the Soulmaster

*without so much as a blink of hesitation, Devin launches into the fray bearing his longsword down at the nearest skeleton.

"Foul Creatures! return to the Abyss!"

TomB

Administrator
Staff member
*Rondo backs up enough to allow everyone free access to the skeletons, then attacks the one that successfully hit him.*

"Have at 'em lads!"

B

BigBlue

"Foul Undead!"

Patrick raises the torch so that all may see as well as they can, and backs out of the way of the warriors.

He put's the torch in his off hand and draws a dagger, readying it to throw if there's an opening.

D

DarthFerret

Bertrem raises his mace in one hand ready to march in, but first grabs up his holy symbol in his shield hand and holds it aloft to attempt a Turning!

"Ho foul undead, begone from here!"

OOC: Sorry I was gone for a few days, my Grandmother passed away and I was a Pallbearer. Had to drive 13 hours to get there. Should be able to keep up now though!

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Bertrem's words have an electrifying effect on the skeletons. They immediately stop attacking, turn, and march back through the doorway. The sudden silence is a bit unsettling as just moments before the room had been filled with cries and yelling.

(Note - this just occurred to me - do you guys want/prefere individual initiative or group initiative? I did group for this encounter but can easily change it to individual for the rest :) )

B

BigBlue

** I don't mind group initiative... Otherwise we'll be waiting for actions even more**

"That was effective! Shall we follow them and finish them off?"

Patrick looks through the now opened door, to see what lies beyond...

** The map is getting weird and I doubt I can do it with ascii art anymore - damn angled walls.... :)

Code:
     *BBB*
     D   O
   ***P*P**
B - Blocked Entrance
D - Closed Door
O - Open Door
P - Portcullis (A+B >arrow up<)

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
(I think you misunderstood my description, the corridors on the eastern portcullis go straight east and south. I tried to correct your map)

B

BigBlue

** ahhhh... 2 passages.... 1 south & 1 East.... gotcha... :D Not 1 Southeast....

Edit - Happy Birthday TomB.... :) **

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Patrick looks through the doorway and sees a square room. Each wall is 20 feet long and the door is the center of the southern 10 feet of the west wall. A lever in the down position is on the south wall, with the two skeletons on either side of it.

(I found a mapping program on the Net so hopefully this works. If it does, I can map for you)

Attachments

A

Azreal the Soulmaster

"I don't like the idea of those things wandering around...they attacked us! We should go after them and return the favor"

TomB

Administrator
Staff member
"Aye lads, I agree. Let's follow those things an' see where they git to. First though, I needs t' bind me wound here, afore I bleeds to death right before ye eyes!"

"An' let's be quiet about it when we DO go after them foul things...no sense in wakin any more o' the dead than we must!"

*Nice map, Spidey! That'll work, I think...;) BTW, does the "P" in the map designate the party's location?

Sorry to hear about your grandma, DarthFerret. We're glad to have you back though.

Thanks BB! :D*

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
(Yeah, the "P" is the party's location. If any other letters show up, I'll try to note them as well)