D&D: Horror on the Hill: Beginnings

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
** I must have saved the wrong attachment. Sorry, try again (this time I checked it myself and could see it)

D

DarthFerret

I can see the thing, but cannot tell which is a trail and where the waterfall is at...

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
** Ugh. Zoom it where the purple P is and there's a faint reddish line there. The waterfall is part of that stream to the SW, but I couldn't really think of a way to denote it. I'll try to get the red stronger in later maps

T

train

Si'Nat

(The trail is the brown line... we take it... you can zoom in on the map if needed...)

(to the rhythm of Jack and Jill...)

"Si'Nat and the gang, went up the hill, each with a weapon and some water... They entered the woods and couldn't be heard, until they began the slaughter..."

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Okay, before you start out, I need a marching order. You have to travel single file, although if there's a fight, two people can fight side-by-side.

I also need the memorized spells for Si'Nat and Patrick and Wilhelm.

T

train

(2 sleeps...)

Marching order - I can easily be second or third...

Everyone else?...

T

train

Was Kurik our front man previously?...
He could do that...

The clerics and spellcaster near the rear is probably good... if there is no one behind them, I can take the rear...

B

BigBlue

How about this...

Rondo
Si'Nat
Cugel
Patrick
Wilhelm
Bertrem
Kurik

Is everyone ok with that? That gives us a fighter up front and in back with spellcasters in the middle etc...

(*Same as before, 1 sleep & 1 Magic Missile*)

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
The trail starts rising in elevation the moment you start traveling it. You trudge along the trail for 2 turns, then rest for 1. At this point you've been traveling a total of 12 turns (6 turns crossing, 3 turns in clearing, 2 turns on trail, 1 turn resting) and it's 7 PM. It's starting to get dark.

T

train

Si'Nat

"We should probably settle in for a long night... I suggest we don't use a fire pit, in order ot not alert anyone of our being here..."

(Begins looking for a tree to nestle in for the night...)

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
My bad... a turn is 10 minutes long, not 1 hour long each... so you've only been out for 2 hours :rolleyes: Also, when I said "rising in elevation", it rose so much that after the first turn/300', you're already 80' above sea level.

All right, so after resting, you continue on the trail, which continues roughly NW and keeps rising. After 3 more turns you've risen another 80' above sea level and two more turns after that, you come to a fork so to speak. You can tarvel NE which seems to head back down the hill or SW.

On the new map, the black lines crossing the trail are the 80' elevation changes.

Attachments