D&D: Horror on the Hill: Beginnings

Discussion in 'Games Run By CPA Members' started by Spiderman, Apr 12, 2007.

  1. Mooseman Isengar Tussle

    "If you are all buying food to carry with you, you must expect to be away for a while. I am a humble follower of my god and need only food and water for sustenance. I do have 4 gp and 5 sp, thus I am not totally without means. I think you may help me in deciding what exactly I will need."
  2. BigBlue Magic Jones

    Patrick

    Did that 10gp include a canteen or waterskin? I would like to bring along fresh water. I believe I had one initially, but it doesn't hurt to have 2.

    I would say a few weeks rations should suffice. I don't have much more than you left to contribute as I don't believe a bank is available this far on the frontier... I will contribute 5 gp to buying rations leaving me with a few gold... (I didn't realize travel was so expensive, from now on I'll carry more... I got used to playing on a silver standard from my pen & pencil days... :) )
  3. Spiderman CPA Man in Tights, Dopey Administrative Assistant

    That 10 gp did NOT include a water/wineskin; it was more an 'inflated" price for being out so far. The Trading Post has one available for 1 gp though.

    And yes, no bank here on the frontier.
  4. BigBlue Magic Jones

    I'll buy one.

    Thanks. Hope we find a nice cache of loot soon... or I'll have to borrow... :)

    I think we're ready to roll...
  5. Spiderman CPA Man in Tights, Dopey Administrative Assistant

    You got the water/wineskin and are out 1 gold.
  6. train The Wildcard!!!...

    Si'Nat

    "Ready Gents?!... Thanks Old Timer, see you after a while..."

    (Prepares to head out and towards the river...)
  7. DarthFerret Evil Sith Weasel

    Bertrem Follows....
  8. Spiderman CPA Man in Tights, Dopey Administrative Assistant

    The docks are pretty sparsely populated. You can see a couple boats in the distance and a couple fishermen at the docks, tending to their boats, which really resemble a large float but with a low wall to keep the water out.
  9. train The Wildcard!!!...

    Si'Nat

    (yelling appropriately to get their attention...)

    "Hello... Any boats for hire?"
  10. Spiderman CPA Man in Tights, Dopey Administrative Assistant

    The two at the dock look at each other, and then by unspoken agreement, one gets up and comes over to you.

    "You need a boat? To cross the river? You must be crazy... haven't you heard what's on that side?"
  11. BigBlue Magic Jones

    Patrick

    We've heard many things, but we want to see them for ourselves. Also, we'd like to do something about it.

    (* Are we just crossing right now? What time of day is it? *)
  12. DarthFerret Evil Sith Weasel

    (Also, shouldn't we make sure we have a way back.....let's not get marrooned out there...)
  13. Spiderman CPA Man in Tights, Dopey Administrative Assistant

    It's fairly late in the day - late afternoon, maybe about 4-5 o'clock.

    The fisherman replies,"Well, I've heard that before. I've seen many young adventurers as yourself go over there, but no one comes back. But it's your life. I tell you what, you come back here first thing tomorrow morning (around 7), and I'll ferry you across for 30 gp."
  14. train The Wildcard!!!...

    Si'Nat

    "And what about the ferrying back... we will be coming back... how would we signal for you?"
  15. Spiderman CPA Man in Tights, Dopey Administrative Assistant

    "Ferrying back will be another 30 gp. We could either arrange a time to meet, but ya gotta be on time - I can't wait for ya. Or you can send up a smoke signal and if someone here in the fort sees it, they can tell me and I'll come getcha."
  16. BigBlue Magic Jones

    Patrick

    Sounds good to me.
  17. Mooseman Isengar Tussle

    Wilhelm

    This is terribly exciting.
    Captain, could we inconvenience you for your name?
  18. Spiderman CPA Man in Tights, Dopey Administrative Assistant

    "I be Rory. And which shall it be, specific time to meet or smoke signal?"
  19. train The Wildcard!!!...

    "I say Smoke signal... Not sure how long we might be over there... but make sure everyone knows to let you know they saw the signal... Anyone want a certain time... What time in the mor'n there captain?... Day break perhaps?"
  20. Spiderman CPA Man in Tights, Dopey Administrative Assistant

    "Aye, let's do 7 in the mornin'."

Share This Page