D&D: Horror on the Hill: Beginnings

Discussion in 'Games Run By CPA Members' started by Spiderman, Apr 12, 2007.

  1. BigBlue Magic Jones

    Patrick

    Go back to the Inn, have a decent dinner, then go to bed.
  2. Spiderman CPA Man in Tights, Dopey Administrative Assistant

    You each pay 1 sp for a good fish meal with veggies and bread and an additional 1 sp to sleep on a straw pallet in the back. You awake, pay 1 sp for breakfast, and head to the docks where Rory is waiting.

    "All right, it's good to see you didn't have second thoughts. First things first, gold please."
  3. train The Wildcard!!!...

    Si'Nat

    "Here you go... (hands him 30gp...) seems there'll be a smoke signal letting you know when to ferry over for us... I didn't get to ask you yesterday - anything you know about the hill?"
  4. Mooseman Isengar Tussle

    Wilhelm listens closely, prepared to make some quick sketches.
  5. Spiderman CPA Man in Tights, Dopey Administrative Assistant

    "I know enough not to get involved with it. You fellas are just crazy."

    He shakes his head as you board his "ferry"/raft. As you do so, the Old-Timer comes ambling up.

    "I"m glad I caught you before you left. I found something which might help you in your adventures."

    He holds up a bottle of clear liquid.

    "This here will help heal wounds, but you gotta use it sparingly. There's only enough for three swigs."
  6. BigBlue Magic Jones

    Patrick

    "Thank you very much! We'll be sure to use it wisely, and we'll bring you back a nice souveneir."
  7. Spiderman CPA Man in Tights, Dopey Administrative Assistant

    ** I assume Patrick takes it then

    You all board the ferry/raft and push off. The current is slow but since the river is so wide, it takes a while to cross. After three turns, you're about halfway across and can see two clearings, one north and one south. The south one has a waterfall. Everywhere else there's underbrush and no clear spot to land. Rory speaks, "So where do you want to go?"
  8. BigBlue Magic Jones

    Patrick

    Let's go to the southern one.
  9. Spiderman CPA Man in Tights, Dopey Administrative Assistant

    It takes three more turns to get to the clearing. It's a pleasant expanse of grass and flowers that surrounds a 15' waterfall, with the stream going down to the river. The water looks cool and refreshing. The clearing itself is about 900' E-W and 1200' N-S, with the waterfall in the NW corner and the stream running SE. There's a trail also in the NW corner but everywhere else it's a thick tangle of trees and underbrush.

    After you disembark, Rory says, "Good luck to you!" and pushes off again, back towards the fort.
  10. Mooseman Isengar Tussle

    Wilhelm immediately gets out his ink, quill and map book, to make accurate sketches of their boat ride and the shore line of the island.
    "Wow, that waterfall looks beautiful. and it would be a natural place to start looking, as it's a resource used my men and animals alike."
  11. Oversoul The Tentacled One

    "So this was what all the fuss was about?"
  12. BigBlue Magic Jones

    Patrick

    I'm certain this serene setting won't be as peaceful - or as evil as rumor and first impressions.

    We should begin by looking in the stream and at the waterfall, perhaps there is a passage behind the falls which leads into the hill... Also, we may see signs of refuse in the water or streambed if they use it as a sewer or to remove refuse - to gauge what we may be facing. What is the wildlife like? Birds chirping etc? Let us know if/when there is a change in "natural" sounds.
  13. train The Wildcard!!!...

    Si'Nat

    "Well... the forest area kind of seems like home... but alas... you never know how the homecoming welcome will be..."

    (Looks around for any trails he may spot, and prepares his bow...)
  14. Spiderman CPA Man in Tights, Dopey Administrative Assistant

    ** Movement rate is about 1 turn for every 300'

    It takes you three turns to cross the clearing to get near the waterfall. Investigation shows no passages behind it. The stream is clear and clean, no sign of refuse. No real signs of wildlife, but everything seems fine - usual noises, birds chirping, etc.

    The only trail is the one mentioned in the NW corner, about 300' away from the waterfall.
  15. train The Wildcard!!!...

    Si'Nat

    "Well... there's the way..."

    (Begins leading the group in that direction...)
  16. Spiderman CPA Man in Tights, Dopey Administrative Assistant

    ** I'll try to get a map together, it's a bit different since it's outdoorsy
  17. BigBlue Magic Jones

    Patrick

    Assuming the water is clean, I'll drink some and make sure my waterskin is full.

    (* is it the same rest 1 turn for every 6 when outside to avoid fatigue? *)
  18. Spiderman CPA Man in Tights, Dopey Administrative Assistant

    Mmmmm, it's yummy!

    ** Yes, it's the same. You're still moving in (basically) heavy/full armor.
  19. DarthFerret Evil Sith Weasel

    Will also fill my skin up.....
  20. Spiderman CPA Man in Tights, Dopey Administrative Assistant

    ** Okay, here's a map. The Party is represented by the purple "P", the trail is red, thick underbrush is the green, the river is dark blue, the streams are light blue, and the Fort is to the east.

    Scroll to the right to see it.

    Attached Files:

Share This Page