D&D: Horror on the Hill: Beginnings

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Kurik replies, "I think we can handle this one ourselves, especially with that there fella" - points to Mooseman's character. "A boat shouldn't be too hard to find either, if there's fisherman around."

T

train

Si'Nat

"Well Mr. Old Timer, know any fishermen around here that might help us get across the river..."

(We should be able to do well, but there is not much telling what is on that hill from all we heard...)

D

DarthFerret

Armed with his new mace, Bertrem is just itchin to met out justice!

T

train

(For those of you that don't know, it was determined the mace is a +2 mace... and metting out justice opportunities will probably be everywhere...)

B

BigBlue

Patrick

*Spending noted - my tip was a full silver - I've no need for coppers*

*Seeing as no one else has done this yet...*

Patrick walks over to the robed figure with the maps etc...

"Hello there! My name is Patrick, a mage of modest skill, pleased to make your acquaintence. I think we have a joint interest in the Hill to the West. We are just here from Haven where we vanquished evil and saved the day."

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Bertrem, you're out the 250 gp for the mace.

The Old-Timer replies, "Just check down by the docks. I'm sure you can find someone there to take you across."

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
"Haven? Do you have maps from there?" realizing his abruptness, he continues,"Oh, I , er... I'm Brother Wilhelm Braga, a minor cleric of Mangara, but my temple is poor and can not afford to ..uhmm...incorporate all their initiates. So I have taken to the road to make maps of as much of the world as I can."

T

train

Si'Nat

"Thanks old timer... more drinks for you next time...

(approaches our new "friend")

I don't have any maps, but you are able to journey with us, and map as much as you can as we do.."

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
"Why thank you, it would be of immense help. Although, I'll admit, I'm not much of an adventurer," Wilhelm says quietly, "I'll help where I can though."

B

BigBlue

Patrick

"I've no maps either. But you are very welcome to join our motley crew on our adventures."

"What goods are available here, and where would I procure them?"

I think I need to restock my food supply from our trip here - plus I forgot a canteen for fresh water.

** After resupplying, I say we head to the docks to make arrangements for a river crossing in the morning, and rest for the night. Is there anyone in "charge" of the fort we should be checking in with? **

(* If you need help with funds for the mace, don't hesitate to ask. *)

D

DarthFerret

Ok, I had plenty for the mace, that was not a problem.

As long as I was able to buy the potions and scrolls in the other town (since I posted that late) then I am good. If I did not, then will accompany our new friend here to purchase them at this town.

TomB

Administrator
Staff member
Rondo quietly thanks Patrick for the drink, and says he is planning on hanging back a bit at first, so as to discreetly observe if anyone seems like they are following the group from the town. He'll flank the group when they leave, and watch over them as they make their way to whatever transportation mode they decide to use to make the crossing. He'll watch them until he's satisfied no one is following, then join them for the crossing. He asks that Patrick hold the boat until he joins up, then he takes his mead to a table in a dark, secluded corner of the bar to drink, and keep watch.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
You use about a weeks worth of rations on the way here, so I'll assume you use the Standard one unless otherwise notified. I subtracted 5 gp from Cugel, Si'Nat, and Bertrem to cover it and the Standard rations from Patrick and Rondo. You can find more Standard rations at the Trading Post in the fort for 10 gp.

Bertrem, I notified you in the other thread that you got the healing items.

Rondo stays in the shadows and behind the party, but doesn't see anyone in the inn particularly interested in the party. Just general comments about "fools" and bets on whether you guys will be back (odds are pretty low that you are).

** Note: I need Cugel and Bertrem to tell me how much money they're carrying on their person and I can figure out how much they banked from that, before leaving Haven

D

DarthFerret

Bertrem carries about 200 gp on him, for future needs, and banks the rest....

T

train

Si'Nat

(I had actually purchased iron rations in the last setting, so instead of the 5gp, should I just subtract the weeks worth of rations from there?)

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
** Yes, sorry, I missed that. 5 gps were added back to you and a weeks worth of Iron Rations subtracted, leaving you with 4 weeks.

B

BigBlue

Patrick

I'll replenish my standard rations, then we can hire transport and make plans for the next morning. We don't all have to be there to make plans, and maybe it's better if only one or two of us go so as not to create a scene.

Assuming nothing strange happens, and no one else needs anything, I think we're ready.

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
" I would be pleased to accompany your group in exploring this hill," Wilhelm says to Patrick, "Do you know about how long it would take, as I was looking for some work to buy some supplies as I travel to the nearest temple."

"Until you get back, I'll try to gather as much detail of this hill and ist's surroundings."

T

train

Si'Nat

"Well, if it isn't anything major, I can help you get supplies, what are you needing?"